Thursday, July 21, 2005

In sunny Florida

My son's plane is in the air and he will arrive in FL at about midnight.  I'm a bit anxious to say the least.  Yes, he is a big boy, a young adult, but I'm still Mom!  All the way to the airport I grilled him and his buddy.  "You're both 19, and legal, old enough to know better, be responsible."  I got a few strange looks, but if you're a Mom you know what I mean.  Maybe you even know how I felt.  I will feel better when he calls and tells me he is there.  Or will I?  All the girls on the beach in bikini's, raging hormones, oh I don't even want to think about it!!!  I'm lucky he is so good, and he knows the rules :)  


Off to sunny Florida for a few days without his mother!  LOL  He best leave that phone charged and on!  Ok, yes I am a basket case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I can't ease your anxious emotions! I would/will be the same way I'm sure and just don't know how to help you to feel better.

But I'm sure he will have a good time. I went to Mexico when I was 18, shortly after graduation with just my friend...I cannot even imagine how my mom must have felt. She was worried sick. And I didn't have my birth certificate to get back home so that just added to her worries.

Looking back on it now, it probably wasn't such a smart thing to do but I did ok. My friend, well she was a blond, well built and the Mexicans absolutely loved her. She took off on me one night and left me at the bar alone and I just about killed her when she got back. She left with a 'tall, dark and handsome' dude and I lectured her a good part of the night about how stupid she was.

I kept my wits about me and did meet some guys but ultimately, I was raised well, had a pretty good head on my shoulders and kept my boundaries at the forefront of my mind. I'm sure your son will do just fine and have a memorable trip. You should take your own little trip just to occupy your worries.......