Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Little Rant

                    


I was given a free pass to be a crab for 24 hours, and I decided I was going to take full advantage.  Thank you Sam!  LOL   I've often wondered what possesses people to talk out of both sides of their mouth. Is it total insecurity?  Immaturity?  What?  Over the past several days it was brought to light with me again and it totally amazes me.  How insulting for people to think that others do not see threw their web of lies.  I for one have not just fallen of a turnip truck and generally it only takes a minute or two for me to figure things out.   


Life is just too short to play games with emotions and feelings.  If telling the truth or being upfront is going to hurt someone, imagine how much the deception will hurt.  We all make mistakes and personally I think when one owns up to the mistake or their true feelings it makes a relationship stronger, the bond tighter.  Relationships are built on foundations of trust, loyalty, and honesty with ones self and others.  When the foundation starts to crumble, even with the smallest of things, the entire structure more than likely comes tumbling down.   


I just don't get what is accomplished by playing both sides of the fence.  Are people afraid of what others may think?  Do they not feel comfortable in their convictions?  Do they feel better about themselves with the deception?  What is it?  


Surely there is not an answer and surely it will never stop but I wish people would give me, at least, more credit! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Life is just too short to play games with emotions and feelings."

Amen Sistah!
Go ahead and extend that pass for another 48 hours. LOL
(After that it's my turn)
Dianna

Anonymous said...

It's always best to speak the true, kying brings so many difficulties. I don't have a good enough memory to lie!! Jeannette.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

What is amazing is that those who do tell lies don't get that one day they will be caught! That's what I don't understand. I am an honest person except when it comes to talking to people on the phone, "I have to go run an errand" or some dumb little lie but more times than not I feel like people walk out of my life because I am honest. And also people tend to think that my expectations are just too high and are afraid to tell me the truth. That's what I've been told anyway. Afraid of me? I laugh at them. What am I going to do, thank them for trusting me? thank them for fessing up? Thank them for treating me the way I treat them? Perhaps there is something wrong with me....who knows

What is wrong with telling people who are your 'friends' or significant others the truth!!!!!