Saturday, April 14, 2007

~ Deceit ~

             DsDesignswalkintherain.gif


Woke up this morning to a bright blue sky.  Little to no white puffs floating.  The sun was shining brightly and throwing shadows throughout the yard.  No movement in the trees other then the occasional bird fluttering to land or squirrel running up to a nest.  Birds singing and a flock of ducks flying by letting their presence be known with the noise they were making.  I turned on the TV to hear the morning news and found we are under a winter storm watch.  Rain, then snow is expected later today.  Not just a flake here or there, but they are calling for accumulation.  WTF!?!  It's the middle of April and I am more then tired of this weather.  Will we ever see Spring again?  Will summer ever arrive?   Now if you were looking for some juicy gossip, some drama, some sort of deceitful behavior, there you have it.  It's the look and sounds of outside..................

 

My meeting yesterday went extremely well.  It lasted well past the noon hour, but I'm thinking it was very successful and I may reap the benefits very soon.  It had nothing to do with any changes internally or with my job.  I had a prospective client come in for an initial meeting.  It was fun, and interesting to say the least.  Keep your fingers crossed  :)  

 

Today, aaaahhh today.  It's game 2 tonight.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I love this time of year, especially when by boys are involved.  Before each game they are having a pre-game party outside the arena.  Live music, drinks and snacks.  They have big screen TVs set up so those that don't have tickets can stick around and watch the game.  Thursday night there were thousands out there in the rain.  The wind, cold, and drizzle didn't stop the fans from taking part in the excitement.  My sister wants to do it.  What my sister wants these days she gets!  We were planning on going down tonight.  Mother Nature has stepped in and I am not sure that will actually happen.  She can't be standing in the cold and rain/snow mix they are calling for this evening so we will play it by ear and make a decision closer to game time.  The entire city is hoping we are playing into the month of June so hopefully there will be nicer days to do this.

 

Not much else planned for today.  The normal Saturday chores.  You can count on hockey being on this afternoon.  Why would it be any different then every evening since Wednesday?  I love to watch all the games and see the other teams play.  Who knows though, maybe something good will come up between now and then. 

 

I played around with a few graphics last night as I watched the Vancouver/Dallas game.  I tried my hand at making a movie type insert for a graphic.  I actually liked the way it came out.  I couldn't slow it down any more as it made the rain stop, but I do think it works, and I love the saying!  Nothing like a walk in the rain in warm weather.   I also did another with one of my pictures, and since I put 'April' in there I thought it best to post now instead of in May ::grin::   Posted a new tag request this morning.  My eye hand coordination was a bit off and it jumps a bit, but it will do.  LOL  If you'd like your name on it just click on the 'Corset' graphic to make a request. 

 

              DsDesignsCorsetDonna.gif

 

I will be back later, LOL, like you didn't know that.  Hopefully with pictures of the pre-game party.  Wishing you all a good Saturday.

 

Hugs

~d

 

     DsDesignsAprilShowersCow.gif

 

                      DsDesignsBeeShower.gif

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have made some amazing graphics again ,I have my fingers crossed for you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for your team and ours cup semi-final today!!
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Your morning sounds beautiful...  It's amazing how the weather varies so extremely from one day to the next.  We are expecting a Nor'easter tomorrow thru Monday.  I'm so pissed I could spit... lol

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

yes htat the best way to describe it deciet. this season and year has been decietful as all get out. I have never seen a year as lazy as this about sahring good weather yup its almost tax say and Im wondering what int he world it gong on. I usually have my plants out by now but no way in heck can i even think of putting hardy plants even out. last weekend the pansys nad maple trees were wilted. that is odd to say the least. that must be the rainsnow mix we have for sunday headed our way. Im afraid what will happen is that suddenly it will be HOT we will get no spring

Anonymous said...

OMG! Is there anyway I can get that corset tag with my name on it? My journal is "Tightening the Corset" so it would beeeeee sooooo perfect!
thanks!
heather

Anonymous said...

Raining here, will snow later today. Bah humbug.
I hope you and sis do get to go out and party for your boys! I know that will thrill you both. You outdid yourself with the tags, so nice!
Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Have a great Saturday and enjoy the game tonight.  Still winter here ... bleh.

Anonymous said...

Hope the Boys win tonight!  I know how excited you must be.  We are having a crummy Spring as well up here in the PNW.  I can't wait till May.  Love the grapics.
Joni

Anonymous said...

They can't lose. They have Stupid behind them remember? I guarantee no less than 5 touchdowns for them in the 1st quarter.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

love the graphics. I just went to grocery store, not taking any chances with this storm they are predicting. hopefully it is rain and noooooooooooo snow, grrrrrrrrrr where is our spring? ((((((hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am quite disgusted by this weather.  Today is just a tease and then winter comes back tomorrow.  Graphics are fantastic today, I snagged em all!  Linda

Anonymous said...

C'mon D, you know we are going to go right to summer and then everyone will be bitching about it being tooooo hott!  At least we had sun today, even though it was extremely deceiving.  It will be in the 50's by next week!  Nancy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

My dear lady you have so many layers.  Each more impressive then the last.  One entry you show such determination and strength as you talk about your team.  Then you soften up to show the most beautiful graphics I've seen.  Let's not forget throwing in a little 'sex appeal'.  I'm glad I stopped at this point, you just made my day that much brighter, thank you!

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend Donna. We are very lucky here and have glorious weather! Laine xxx

Anonymous said...

First thing I thought of when I saw the April Showers one is it's keeping the cows clean! Jesus where is my mind going? Anyways I don't think you northerners are done seeing snow quite yet, I predicted that they needed to shoot the groundhog that predicts the weather! He is way off base this year! One or two more bouts of snow and you can look for a hot and sweaty summer! <wiff some storms and lots of winds> I have spoken, hahaha  HUGS FROM DOREEN :))))))))))Da Psychic Weather Girl

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Loved all your tags...sounds like a beautiful day you had.  Strong rains here...found a tag of yours here I snagged and hope to use...may your week be the best...will be catching up real soon.  Thanks for your prayers and thoughts for me and my family...love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

h