Sunday, August 3, 2008

~ Summer Dayz ~

DsDesignsSummerDayz.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


What a week!!   Work had a few rough days, and that is saying nothing about the 'dicks' I work with...  some literally.   By the time I got home the last thing I wanted to do was get on the computer.  Some days I didn't.  I tried to keep up with the sporadic alerts I got, but even reading and commenting was taking a toll.   Thanks for all the inquiries, but I am fine.  Maybe a bit of PC burnout. 

 

There were a few announcements at work, but not enough to post and make sense, so I will give you all the news at once.  Things are moving slowly, but they appear to be moving.  We'll see.   There was a little flip flop riot on Friday.  Apparently several folks got tired of a certain few being allowed to wear them over and over with no action being taken.  It was pretty comical if you ask me.  I don't wear them often, and when I do they are definitely flip flops!  I have Fred Flintstone feet and they are rather wide.  Those dressy leather type do nothing but cut into my feet leaving me sore and miserable.  No thanks.  I have to think there were a good 15-20 folks with them on Friday.   I will venture to say we'll get another email on Monday,  ya know they're so effective.  NOT!

 

The weather around here has been bizarre.  One day beautiful, hot, and sunny.  The next rain, the next wild storms.. and then next again hail.  Hail in freakin July!?!  I know I've been in the sun and at the pool a bit, but it just doesn't feel like we've had much of a summer.  It always seems to be overcast.  It will probably be in the 90's in Sept and Oct, and then wild snowstorms.  GRRRRRRR

 

Time has flown by.  Next weekend is my niece's bridal shower.  I can't believe it's here already!!   Things have fallen into place rather nicely.   I will be picking up the last item that will be used in the favors on Thursday.   All set there, but that is the earliest I can get there to pick them up.   I'm using some time this week and will be leaving work early on Thursday, off Friday and off again on Monday.

Let's hope the weather is nice.

 

I'm typing away here knowing damn well no one will even know or comment.  AOL alerts appear to be off again on again.  I've gotten a few but not even close to what I normally get.  GRRRRRRRRR  I wish they could just make things right.  They have a great community that is getting pissed off, at the very least.  

 

Well, I won't bore you any longer.... again thanks for the inquiries.   You might be sorry now.  LMAO

Hope everyone is doing well.

 

Hugs

~d

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got an alert Donna! I've been getting them all weekend so I don't know what's going on with AOL! I couldn't wear flip flops, they just swivel on my feet and end up flying off! Younieces bridal shower already?! Won't be long now, I know you'll willingly help her out with all the arrangements. No, we've had no summer, I've frozen my butt off tethering Mr Crow to the balcony this afternoon! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I actually got your alerts but I have missed several others.  Wierd.  Glad you are fine and I know you are looking forward to a short week next week and a long weekend.  Summer has been a bit of a bummer to me here in TN.  When it's not too hot to get out, it's raining (or storming).  The humidity has been brutal.  I love summer so maybe I will try to go South after it starts cooling down here.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Dang, I am starting to get alerts but not this one.  I think we are having the exact weather here.  Two or three days of lovely sun and heat and then those huge clouds roll in and jut sit.  We've had quite a bit of hail off and on also.  It's very hard for me to do much after work on the computer.  Don't know why but I'm whooped at night usually.  Flip flops at work...hunh.  Never would be allowed at the VA, and upstairs most anything goes.  Love ya and always love your tags!  Chris

Anonymous said...

I decided to check to see if you had made an entry...since I haven't got an alert.  I'm glad that you did.  I love your summer graphic.... The weather has been weird here too.  We got a heck of a storm yesterday with hail.  I hope you have a better week.  

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Well, I actually got an alert on this!  I hate it when office politics heat up.  It's just nerve wrecking.  Hope this week is better for you!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your evening.
Missie

Anonymous said...

i have NO alerts since Thurs. Was thinking of you and came by. AOL SUCKS and i hate AOL.
I wish your work was going better...i can relate to all the BS and unneccasary things that go on....i hope it all straightens itself out. I wrote to that journal editor about alerts...wonder if they will ever fix it? I miss you when you do not update....but this is the time of year to get out and enjoy. I love flip flops and live in them when i am off work.
LOVE YOU 2.

Anonymous said...

  I got your alert.  I usually don't get alot of comments and really don't keep my journal for that reason so I will probably just happily keep typing away, LOL.   Now that I know alerts aren't all going through I am just stopping by all the journals I read but it seems like I am getting them all anyway.  Love the flip flop wars.

                      Julie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, so it was aol alerts...figures. Youve had a work week lol--love hearing about it. Hey when is your neices Wedding, I forgot....you have done such a wonderful job! Yeah our weather here in Wa is crazy too-I think its that way all over. Ya gotta grab that sun when you can. Enjoy your Sunday hon,hugs!

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your "flip flop" war stories. What a thing to fight about LOL! I can't wear 'em....so it wouldn't matter to me. Why is it such a big deal at your work? Unprofessional looking?
Love this tag. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.Mine sucks so far...but I'll live.
Pam

Anonymous said...

A " flip-flop" war? How funny :) People will get never bored, huh?
Hope next week will be a better one. Awesome tag! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

I don't blame ya, sometimes i get burned out from the PC too....and need some time away....still at war about the flip flops ehh? lol  I guess the others think if ya can't beat em' join em'....I love flip flops....thats all i wear in the spring/summer but can't wear them to work either...lol...darn!

Love the graphic....

Have a good week

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

You little flip flop rebel you!!!! LOL! I understand getting burned out, especially with all the tag requests you do.....sometimes we just need to shut our door and take a little nap. :) I'm glad you are feeling a little better.

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

love the tag..snagged it too!!

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well!  :)

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

So glad you felt up to making an entry.  My alerts still aren't working, but I did try to find a few of the ones who usually write an entry each day.  Hope you have a better week!  LaVern

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I cannot wear flip flops at all, i find them so uncomfortable.
I know what you mean about time flying........ soon be winter then Christmas....lol.
My grandson is starting playgroup in September...wow 3 years gone already.
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

I have been MIA....no alerts....I know...my mailbox has been EMPTY for sure.

Hope all goes well at work.....and the bridal shower...I know you are going to take a ton of pictures right?

Michele

Anonymous said...

Ughhh!   My alerts just cam up.  I'm just going thru my "favorites" list to catch up.  Sometimes you just need a break from the puter.
Sound like the "management people" where you work are not very effective as leaders.   hugs,  Bethe