Wednesday, February 6, 2008

~ Hank ~

DsDesignsHank.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Boys played the New Jersey Devils tonight.  First home game after a very long road trip.  They'd been playing fairly well fighting their way back into the play off race.  Getting 9 out of a possible 10 points.   The Devils play a very defensive game, called the trap.  They clog up the zone making it difficult to get into their end.   Their goalie, Marty Brodeur is one of the best in the league and is like having another defenseman back there.  The game was good, but I was disappointed we gave up a 2 goal lead and ended up going into OT.  I prayed we would score as our luck in the shootouts has been horrible.   Well, we didn't.  We were going to a shootout and the last three games against the Devils we lost at that point.  Sure a point would be good, but I wanted 2.  The boys NEEDED 2!   They announce the players for the shootout and I thought I heard incorrectly.  We were going to use Henrik Tallinder.   Hank is a great defenseman, but he is not a goal scorer.  I thought the coach had lost his mind.  Why he was not using his scoring guns had me confused.   Stafford went first for Buffalo and beat Brodeur.  Yeah baby!!!  Miller stopped the shot by Parise, well... Parise shot wide.  Then it was Tallinder's turn.  I watched and was amazed.  He undressed Brodeur!!  Scored in the shootout and I wondered where he learned his move.  Gionta took his shot for the Devils, he knew he had to score to keep them in it.  Miller made a spectacular save and it was over.  We broke the shootout jinx.  Earned two more points and  are 2 points out of the playoffs.  On Friday we play the team that is ahead of us, the Boston Bruins.  Welcome home boys...  lets get 2 more points!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, Ooooooooohhhh Hank is cute, I hope your boys get those points they need , Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope your team makes the playoffs!! Have a wonderful night. -Missy

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm, he's a bit of a dreamer ;-)
Gaz

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your boys ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
Wow, that sounded like one exciting game.  I'm glad the Boys won!  Good luck to them Friday against the Bruins.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Hank is a bit of a cutie....

Good luck to your boys.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your boys ....

Anonymous said...

Hope they win on Friday!!!  Woo hoo!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to your boys!!! Got get em Boys!

Anonymous said...

Cute tag!! I know they can do it!!!
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an exciting game.  WOW!  I may have to start getting into this sport.
Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts for the tornado victims.  We took a ride yesterday afternoon and it looks like a war zone everywhere.  
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

That is great they finally beat the devils in shootout Donna.  I am afraid my Leafs are in the toilet big time, in fact i think they are in the septic tank, lmao.  Good luck to your Team to make the playoffs.  

Anonymous said...

Yeah boys!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to 'Your Boys'.
Hugs
Jeanie   xxx

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I don't think I got this alert....unless I accidently deleted it!

Anyhow, congrats to "your" boys.....and you!!! :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congrats!!! I was really not a hockey fan (I know curse me!) but I'm beginning to actually watch a game here and there on the sports chanels.   Only cuz' I needed to know what some of the stuff you talk about mean... I'm surprise because I am actually enjoying it!  I'm totally addicted to baseball and football... when I was watching a game one night my older boy came in and said "what?! YOU'RE watching hockey" I said uh huh..in my "I'm watching sports" way He says "oh here we go what next mom basketball" I turned and said "no I don't have any friends into that yet and I hate the sound of the shoes on the floor!" hehe

Sorry rambling in a comment said I wasn't going to do that!

Love,
Promise

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your guys...I know you are one happy camper!!!  Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

YaY Boys!! Congrats on a good win!

~Bethe~

Anonymous said...

I'm just pouting and waiting for baseball to begin.  SIGH

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

OMG! I've forgotten to tell you!  I was layin' here the other night, channel surfing, and stumbled upon a Hockey game with the Nashville Predators playing and I was suddenly sucked in!  I forget who they played now.  And I think they won.  I can't remember much of anything other than that I enjoyed it very much.
:)
MJ

Anonymous said...

LOL.......I'm with Russ.  Can't wait for baseball......;)
Hugs,
D