Friday, August 8, 2008

~ Hey, Hey, Hey ~

                            DsDesignsWelcomeSign.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


It's Friday afternoon and I'm home!  Wuuuuuuu Huuuuuuuuuu Nothing like having a long weekend.  I really had nothing planned today, just be a lazy ass.  The weather forecast was not the best for today, but it was about not having to work.  Last night we had some wild storms roll through.  I was in the middle of an email and when it started and as the thunder roared and lightening lit up the sky I decided it best to shut down.  So I sat and watched some TV and after about an hour it appeared it was over.  I booted back up only to have it start again.  Ohhhh great... so I just shut down for the night.  This morning it's a bit chilly and earlier it was overcast.  The sun is trying to come out but I swear the sky changes each time I look.  One it minute it's vibrant blue, the next it looks as though the rain will come any second. 

 

The week at work was ok.  Better then last week, but walking on egg shells for 8 hours a day is tiresome.   This long weekend should revitalize me if nothing else.  My nieces shower is Sunday and this morning I printed out the little thank you's to attach to the favors.  Tomorrow we will go to the hall and set up.  It works out perfect as we have access to the room and nothing is happening prior to our event on Sunday.  Yes, of course, I will be taking a ton of pictures.  Hopefully they will come out better then my other nieces a couple years ago.  Those were nothing but blur.  GRRRRRRR

 

The shower is a beach/summer/Hawaiian theme.  Fat Bob's will be catering his famous Barbecue, ok famous here :)   The favors will include nice silky leis LMAO so everyone will be laid on Sunday!  Vibrant colored margarita glasses filled to the brim with goodies.   I will definitely grab a shot of them.  

 

             DsDesignsGrapes.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

:::sigh::: Last night I thought I had so much to say, today I can't remember any of it.  LOL  Sign of old age I guess.  I hope everyone is doing well.

 

hugs

~d 

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great weekend!
~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

We had a storm like that two nights ago, kept rolling around and coming back for over four hours.  Yes, sometimes it is hard to think of things to write about.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at the bridal shower.  Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

 Have fun at the shower.  Love the photos

                      Julie

Anonymous said...

Showers are so much fun (especially if everyone is getting laid).  Can't wait to see the photo's.  BTW, love the birdhouses.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

OH how I wish I had the day off too.  Linda

Anonymous said...

The wedding must be this weekend..am excited for you and looking forward to all the pictures!! woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

opps just read in prior comments its the bridal shower---can you tell Im excited lol--have alot of fun-hugs to you all!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally wanting to take a bite out of those grapes!  That picture is mouthwatering!  

Lazy days are the best kind, I'm convinced.  They're spirit reviving.  

Have a great time at the shower!  I can't wait to see pictures.

XXOO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!!  Those wild grapes look yummy....we have wild purple ones in the back yard.


Michele

Anonymous said...

At least when you did not have anything more to say, you stopped. Lots of people don't do that. ;O ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Bridal shower time already?  Have a wonderful time : )  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

We have has strange storms today also.  The streets in town flooded.  That party sounds nice, wish I could come..  Linda

Anonymous said...

Long weekends RULE!!!  Enjoy yours muchly!  ;)

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

Lucky you, home from work!  Enjoy your weekend!!

Donna

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of those grapes.  I feel as I should be able to pick one off of there! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the shower, Donna. Looks like you'll be well fed, too! Loved the picture of the grapes. Wine, anyone?
Always, Rose~*

Anonymous said...

I hope the shower goes well Donna. I'm stilll envious of you being off work today! Lol! Our weather is exactly the same as yours, right down to the storm you had last night! We aren't supposed to get any proper sunshine till next weekend! Enjoy your long weekend! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))It rained here the other day,last week we had a bad storm with lightning.I hope your neice has a nice shower.

Anonymous said...

Being a lazy ass is one of the best feelings in the world, believe me I know I'm quite good at it, lmao. You are making me soooooo hungry with that pic of grapes. Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're enjoying your time off.  I can't wait to see the pictures.  have a great weekend.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Always cool to go to a party and get laid.  Can't wait to see the pics. Glad you have a long weekend...i know you'll enjoy it. LOVE ya

Anonymous said...

I have a shower this weekend too...my future step daughter in law (whew!).   May we both have a great time!
Love the grapes pic...I have one that's more purple.

Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

You're not old, LOL!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Sunday sounds like it will be a great day, cant wait to see some pics. Enjoy your weekend and get as much chill time as you can.

-april

Anonymous said...

Time away from work is just wonderful isn't it!

Sounds like the shower will be great..can't wait to see all the pics....have a blast!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

shhhhh don't say that old word, it's contagious, lol. I am so glad to be back on line. (((((((((hugs)))))))))
Love ya,
Cindy xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

So happy you had a much better week than last week...made my day!
Love the photos...awesome!
Enjoy your weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Look at those yummy grapes.....what a fabulous shot! I love your pictures.....you always know just what to take!

I cracked up at your memory loss of what to say....some of my best entries are done at night in my mind. Then the next day comes and I'll be damned if I can remember one word of what I just thought was a great idea hours earlier!!! Oh, it's hell getting old isn't it? LOL!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The shower sounds like a really cool theme.  Can't wait to see how you decorated.  It feels so much like fall in western Pa.  I'm sure it's the same way in your neck of the woods.  Lot of sun but 50's at night.  I'm not ready for that just yet :(  Hope things at work get better.  Love ya and love your tags and photo's, as always.  Those birdhouses are adorable!)  Chris

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your niece's shower is gonna be a laugh ~ hope you have/had a good time xx

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Donna, glad you are having a better week, those grapes look soooooo good, Hugs Lisa