Saturday, July 12, 2008

~ Don't Bug Me ~

         DsDesignsDontBugMe.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


ROFLMAO!!  This is a picture I took when I was visiting my friend in Rochester.  As we sat on her front porch enjoying our morning coffee this critter landed on my lap.  I, of course, grabbed my camera and took a shot as my friend squealed, 'hurry before he gets any higher.'  Boy the fibers of my shorts look wild don't they?   I was planning an entry this morning and framed the picture, but with temps in the high 80's before lunch it was off to my parent's before I could get the entry in.  As we sat on the back patio laughing and telling stories, my older brother said he had stopped by my journal today.  He wanted to 'see' what was going on.  He was stunned when my last entry was Wed.  'I figured you were doing laundry'  LOL  ::smack::  I was stunned too.  I really didn't have anything to say or share, and I have been in a don't bug me mood, but I didn't even realize it had been so long. 

 

The weather changed from hot and dry to hot and humid.  My sinuses have been acting up and my head pounds.  The nasal drip kills my throat and makes my tummy feel like it's doing the tango.  Not a pretty feeling and makes me miserable.  I am sure going in and out of the air conditioning doesn't help matters much.  Pressure, no pressure, massive pressure, no pressure.  Hardly know if I'm coming or going.  Not sure why this year is so bad, but it is.  I need to find the perfect over the counter med to balance things out.

 

Work has been work.  An email came out announcing some of the changes, and we've been told some of the future changes but things are not all worked out so until then I won't be saying anything.  I have had several folks come up to me with questions, and some that wanted to confirm what others had said.  Most wrong, it's funny how some construe their own meaning of things to make themselves appear better.  ARGH!   But again until the official announcement........  don't bug me. 

 

We have a dress code at work.  Flip flops are not allowed.  Flat shoes, with the thongy thing between the toes.  You know what they are...  rubber, leather, fancy little beads, cloth.  Clearly flip flops and not slides.  In the beginning of the warm weather an email came out clearly defining what was not allowed.  Tank tops, spaghetti strapped tops, skirts (shorts on Fridays) higher then 3 inches from the knee.  It amazes me what has happened in the past few weeks.  First a girl had flip flop sandals on.  They were leather, but fit the criteria.  A manager said something and this person snapped.  'They are not flip flops.'  She tried to explain it away.  The manager, who is not hers, ended up walking away.  Ok, the employee got the drift.  NO!   A couple days later she wore another pair.  Then a few days after that in our department she came in to the conference room in a mood.  She sat down or should I say plopped down.  Put her foot on the table and said, 'yes, they're flip flops I guess, send me home.  Today would be perfect the day.'  I was stunned and a bit pissed off at the disrespect for our boss.  On Friday once again she had flip flops on.  No question about them.  Rubber soles, cloth, and definitely something you'd wear on the beach.  Several folks questioned it.  I personally don't care what anyone wears, but to show such blatant disrespect pissed me off.  Obviously nothing has happened all the other times she wore them so she is pushing things to the limit.  How much you want to bet someone else pulls the stunt and gets sent home to change, or without pay?   I left early on Friday so I am not sure if anything was done or said, but I sure had folks talking about it.  Don't bug me...  go to higher management if you have an issue with it.  Personally I think she wants to be sent home, or fired.  Doesn't make sense to me. 

 

Wow..  longer entry then I thought.  See what happens when I start to type?  LOL   Hope everyone is doing good and having a great weekend!  With the exception of my sinuses I've been good.  If the rain stays away no doubt I will be at my parents again tomorrow.  Glad they love me :)

 

Hugs

~d

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah..that's huge!! lol!

You're like me hun. You start typing and before you know it, you got a novel, but we're not complaining 'cos we like LOTS to read..hehe!!

Love ya
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Love the bug picture.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

would have flipped it that landed on me.lol cool pic though.

I hate when others dont follow the rules and the second I dont I get busted.lol Wonder how long be for the flip flop falls? heehee

have a good one gal

Anonymous said...

Just like children, that employee pushed the limits farther and farther and she gets away with it so they really shouldn't have a dress code at all if they won't enforce it.  I could never get away with that in my job nor would I want to anyway.  That is an icky bug, I'm not a big fan of bugs can't you tell?  LOL  Hope you have a happy Sunday.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

That thing looks huge!  LOL  Great shot!
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

How cool is he!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

My what a long antenae he has-eewwwwwwwwwwwww
connie

Anonymous said...

Eek a spider !!!!!!!!! Flip Flops are'nt allowed at my work either, Love Lisa

Anonymous said...

Cute little critter : )  I never would have guessed he was on your shorts.  I would guess that co-worker doens't value her job.  Funny thing is..there are a lot of people out there looking now.  Oh well, it's managements problems.  Thye need to follow through if they are going to post rules, otherwise no one is going to respect them as managers.  JMO  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

as much as i like shooting bugs....don't think i could have sat still with it crawling on me!  lol  great shot...and title.  yeah...i agree about the worker with the flip flops...and if it's going to be a rule, it should apply to everyone.
gina

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna-hey is that a grasshopper?
Sounds like work has alot of tension right now.
Personally re dress codes-well I think it depends whether or not you see the public.
Im old fashioned, but I think all businesses who have rules/dress codes, then should give you a clothing allowance.
 Ive been an Owner of a business and did this and I also have been Manager at a few  places and requsted this--it works out well.  Mgmt and employees need to work together to meet each others needs and this is one of them. Its expensive to dress nice...but it does reflect well on the business...you are representing the business you are working for. What a employee says also reflect on the business-so keep your employees happy. Its a give n take on both sides.

Anonymous said...

I am anti-flipflops...that sound they make as people walk
drives me INSANE!!!  They're not banned at my work
unfortunately.  :(

Love the katydid...or whatever that green fellow is.

xxxxxx
Russ

Anonymous said...

I think she has a blantant disregard for the rules, but no one is enforcing them upon her either.

Just dress for the job! It's that easy

Michele

Anonymous said...

Hi D, I was just thinking that I hadn't got anything from you in a while.  Some times I have the time to respond and sometimes I don't.  Tonight I do and want you to know that your pics are awesome as well as your descriptions of them.  Hope you feel better soon as well as things at work!

xoox
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Home without pay or the sack! You should see what people wear in our place...... whoah!
Gaz

Anonymous said...

That is some BIG Bug you had there ~ Great picture ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I would have sent her home without pay & with a warning ... do it again you ars is fired. Love the bug picture. Emmi

Anonymous said...

Love the bug picture....the material in your shorts does look weird!  Sorry that you're having sinus issues.  They are the worst!!!  I hope you get to feeling better soon.  We have the same problems at work too.  Some get away with things & others don't.  Go figure!!!  It's very frustrating!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Another great photo. If management make rules they should stick to them, That way people know where they stand [albeit in flip flops]. Love Pat

Anonymous said...

That was a cool photo and yes you can see the fibers so clear.   Hope you are feeling better...as you know...I am going through the same thing.  Rules are jobs are something...shoes, clothing...etc.   Hope you have a great Sunday...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she wants to be fired.  Love the bug.


                    Julie

Anonymous said...

I think I was 14 when I worked a stand at the boardwalk, that being the last time I'd ever considered wearing flip flops to work.  I REALLY don't get that.  I wouldn't think you'd need a dress code for some of this, just a bit of common sense, but I guess I am wrong there or else many people just don't have common sense.  I interviewed someone once who looked like she was wearing pj bottoms. Uhm, no. Please, no.
The family reading the journal can be a double edged sword ;0.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm always amazed that when people work outside the home, have a dress code they seem there's those few who just think it doesn't apply to them and then act like THEY're the "victim" when they're called out.

I hope next week more answers are put out on the job front for everyone.

Have a good weekend, or what's left of it.

God Bless
Christy

Anonymous said...

My sinuses have been driving me crazy also.  I wish the humidity would let up a bit.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Great picture!!

I think your co worker is wanting to be fired ....people can be so rude and disrespectful.

Hope you are feeling better ....have a great Sunday

Anonymous said...

    Grasshoppers are good luck. I agree with you about the disrespect. It seems to me that she's disrespecting herself as well. If her behavior doesn't reap any reaction now, it will show up later.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I always notice when you are silent and don't write. I truly miss you and worry. If that bug thing landed on my shorts i would scream and flick it away! I could write a book about the dress policy at my job....sometimes those thongs you get to see under the cream colored pants make a person sick. We have to wear shoes that do not show toes. Cashiers walk in daily in flip flops and half nude. I hope your sinuses aren't too bad today.
LOVE YOU ALWAYS

Anonymous said...

Ya'll need to take her out back and make her sit for a firing squad with those flip-flops hanging around her neck.  Ooooo those sorts of people really piss me off.  And it's not that she's wearing the flip-flops but her attitude.  AND the fact that no one seems to be properly enforcing the dress code.  
Karma is a bitch, man, and sometimes I hang around just so I won't miss it.  
;)

Anonymous said...

Hi hun ;) Great entry as always. Yeah that is true you havent had an entry in a few days, start explaining haa, lol. Just messin u just did. Had to be funny though :) Greta pics of the grasshopper. Thats crazy he just jumped on yah. My daughter saw the pic and she was like what is that. I told her a grasshopper shes like "Ahh yuck" lol. Glad u had a great time with ur family as always hun. Sorry the weather is affecting your sinuses though. That sucks. I can imagine that must be a pain. I hope u find a good med to help u with it. Hopefully the changes will be more good then bad at ur work. Yeah i can imagine ppl
are talking about it all, lol. Good thing hun u dont say anything smart move. Wow about that woman and the dress code crazy. I cant believe she would disrepect the management and every1 so much by not caring and following the policy. I guess he does want to be fired, lol. Thats really weird and just rude of her. Well off to your latest entry. Have a good rest of day. ttys xo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

What a pretty grasshopper! Enjoyed your entry.
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

wow! great bug shot you are quick with your camara, i have to remember were i left t first, get it, take it out, switch it on.....shots gone!!lol. I think that if there are rules that say no flip-flops etc then they should be adhered to, in some workplaces there are clear reasons, such as kitchens etc. I hope you are feeling better now, take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

Great photo................. I keep saying i need to take my camera down to the garden when i got to put the washing out as i always seem to miss the critters. The thistles that appeared in the garden just came out the other day and low and behold a bee appeared on it....did i have my camera..... hell no...... by the time i ran in ...upstairs....downstairs and out again it had disappeared..... ho hum.

Hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

We use to be able to wear shorts to work...until some teenage chick wore shorts up to her ass...and that ruined it for the rest of us...no more shorts...UGH!!!  Some people only care about themselves and not their coworkers....

Playing catch up =)  

Hugs
Terri