Saturday, July 19, 2008

~ Flippin Old ~

Oh yes, I definitely feel the effects of my age............   Yesterday was a grand day.  I got to work before 8:30 am and for being a half day it was the longest day of the week!!   I thought noon would never get there.   On a side note, guess who wore flip flops......... again!?!   Very few people in management were in the office but let me tell you it did not go unnoticed.  :::sigh::: 

 

On to better things......    I left work and picked up my niece and the kids.  Her husband had their car as he waits for the company vehicle he will be getting.  With temps in the 90's I hated to think they were stuck.  I pulled in to her driveway and Gage was out the door in a flash.  Not far behind him 'bug' ran out already in her swimsuit and ready to go.  Arriving at my parents and in a matter of seconds the two of them were in the pool.  What a hoot!   Both diving in and swimming like the guppies they are.  My niece was right behind them wanting to get a swim before she had to go to work.  Me... well I had to go in the house and find my suit and put it on.  How refreshing to change with a/c.  I don't have it at home and let me tell you the sticky feeling of putting on clothes in this heat was not missed!!! 

 

              

 

Finally, all of us in the pool splashing and laughing.  Swimming, jumping, and of course diving.  The deep end is about 12 feet.  It's perfect for being silly.  Of course, we regularly remind the kids that all pools are not that deep and caution needs to be taken.  My niece and I got out of the pool to dry off as she had to be to work at 3, and I was driving her.  My younger sister and my brother (cabana boy) took their shift.  My brother has the strength to lift both kids (one at a time) and throw them into the deep end.  They love it, 'bug' more then Gage............  

 

Off to work I took my niece.  I cheated big time.  I throw shorts on over my suit but since I had no intentions of getting out of the car I just went with my bathing suit top as a 'tank-top.'  Got some looks at the stop lights, but with temps in the 90's I did not care.  When I got back it took me only a few seconds to jump back into the pool.  I was in and out but the kids stayed in for hours.  I mean HOURS!  Can you say raisin feet and hands!?!  They got out long enough to eat lunch and dinner and rest a bit to let their meals digest.  You know the 1/2 hour rule, right?  Myth or not, we abide by it. 

 

Mom made goulash for dinner.  Chef salad and bread.  It was yummy and really hit the spot.  Something other then hot dogs, burgers, or chicken.  We can't afford to eat steak every night.......... and the a/c allows her to turn on the oven  LOL   Mike, the kids Dad got out of work and joined us about 5ish.  He giggled as he saw his daughter doing flips.  No fear bug!

              

 

It was an extremely long day and I was beat when I got home.  It was off to bed and asleep before the 11 o'clock news.   I'm flippin old!  I remember the day that I could go 24 hours straight...  I'll never see that again!

 

 Today we will be going out to the beach.  There is a reunion of sorts with the folks my sister worked with for years.  You may remember when her and her family stayed at her friends cottage out at the lake last year.  I visited often and shared a few pictures......   the weather then wasn't great but my seeester will be looking down on us today to make sure the day is perfect.  My parents will be driving with us so I doubt it will be a late night but it should be fun.  Batteries are charging as I type so expect... well something.  LOL   The kids won't be there, this is an adult get together.........   

 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying some nice weather.

 

Hugs

~d

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got looks for THAT? Heck, I see people early in the morning at the food store with PJs on. I am not quite that uninhibited. Old?  Showing your age?  Uhm, errr, aren't we about the same damn age? (offended ;). ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Just looking at the pool made me feel cooler.  What's with all of this heat?? I'm beginning to not be a fan of summer...  
And flip-flop girl hasn't gone before the firing squad yet?  Does she ever take them off?  I'm thinkin' super glue.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Don't say old, how 'bout smarter! sounds like you had fun and enjoyed yourself in spite of age! The kids are great- Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Oh how I would love a dip in that pool, no wonder you spent hours in there.  Loved the videos, especially the leg in the second one lol.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Awesome videos :) Enjoy your well deserved weekend. - You made it!
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

I second what Sandra said about the weather.......... please send some over....lol.

Gage is so confident in the water and Bug is sooooooo cute when she goes in with one leg in the air......... awwwww
Have a good weekend
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I had a birthday card with the sentiment that we turn not older with the years but newer every day. I'm still trying to believe it, of course all the water therapy you are getting should make a difference to you,lol.  Love Pat x

Anonymous said...

Donna, love the kids flipping. I will have to work on that.
I can't get over how much your parents pool looks like the one I had for thirty five years, even down to the stockade fence. Left it ten or more years ago and have missed it at times. My third son put a pool in his yard five years ago and when he moved, last year,  he bought a house with the largest backyard pool I have ever seen. At least 50 feet long and about 30 wide. We spend a lot of time there with the grandchildren. Enjoy your day and get some rest on Sunday. Bill

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day, the kids looked like they were having fun too! I can't believe that girl is still wearing flip flops! I would have sent her home by now to change into more suitable footwear or at least given a warning that if she did it again she'd go home! Have a great weekend ~ we don't need air conditioning over here, we've got a freezing cold wind to keep us cool! Lol! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

What are you talkin' about girlfriend.  I can remember partying all night and making it home in time to shower and go to work and start all over again after work.  Who was that girl????  Surely it wasn't me...LOL.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I hope that you will have a great weekend and I think you should wear some flip flops. : )  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Tsk, I know what you mean about age. It's creepin up on me fast!
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time at the beach...can't wait to see pics!

The videos of the kids are too cute!

I can't believe that girl is still wearing flip flops..she
is just asking to get fired or suspended isn't she....

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

These are great videos .....you can tell the kids love swimming.

I am surprised management has not said something to the lady that wears flip flops.

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Hugs Mari

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun watching your kids' videos. I loved the flip of the leg in this clip of Bug!  You can see her form is improving though. I am jealous of your access to a pool.  It is over 100 degrees right now and I am living vicariously through these swimming clips.  LOL

Thanks for the comment on my recent entry. It was not fun like the one about my vacation memories but I think it was a bit cathartic. And, since I do not believe anyone who actually knows my family reads my journals I felt able to drop my guard a bit.

Big Hug!

Donna

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Sounds like you are having a good weekend.The kids look like there having lots of fun.I bet the adult party will be fun to.Cant wait t  se the pis.

Anonymous said...

Goulash and I missed it?..I love that stuff! Yeah, I think they lied when they came out with that saying..you're not getting older you're getting better..bullsh*t..and me thinks I've got a few years on you and woman I feel old as dirt, lol.
Hope you had an enjoyable day at the beach though I know.....well...sending hugs!
Love ya
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Goulash and I missed it?..I love that stuff! Yeah, I think they lied when they came out with that saying..you're not getting older you're getting better..bullsh*t..and me thinks I've got a few years on you and woman I feel old as dirt, lol.
Hope you had an enjoyable day at the beach though I know.....well...sending hugs!
Love ya
Debbie

Anonymous said...

How far is the "beach" from where you live? I am assuming that would be the Atlantic?? Not certain where you are in New York.
Forgive me for prying but where is your hubby? I can't recall you ever mentioning a hubby. Gee, I wish I could forget mine .... grrrrrr!
Have a wonderful Saturday night & Sunday. Br safe & have fun ... k?
BTW, how does your Mom make Goulash? I make mine whenever we have left-over roast beef. Our children always preferred what I did with the left-overs to the main/first time round.
Have I ever mentioned we raised a Granddaughter? She made dinner tonight! Absolutely delich! And, her Mom can't even boil water..
xoxox,
Gloria

Anonymous said...

I want to go to the beach too :( Love Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed your day!  I understand about Bug & Gage now.  You're a sweet aunt.  I'll being expecting pictures from today.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your wkend, sweetie : )  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

The flips are perfect too!
Great little swimmers....
and I wouldn't be getting out of the pool either, lol....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, those two kids are little water babies, aren't they?  LOL
I used to be like that when I was little too though.  
I could swim and play for hours.

We've barely been outside here.  The humidity is just a killer.  

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Great flips!!!  Both did a great job!   Loved the float in the water...got to ge tme one of them.   We have spent a lot of time in the pool...there is no where else to be in this heat.   Hope you have a lovely Sunday...
Meant to say...both photos were beautiful in the other entry...always lovely to see your pic's!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Cute videos!!!  I wish I had my own pool , living on base we have to share with the whole community so it isnt nearly as fun.  Im glad you had a nice day and have fun at the beach!!!!  

Liz

Anonymous said...

lol i wanna  swim

Anonymous said...

I love both Gage and Bug's styles! So cute! No fear! Cabana Boy is kinda cute. :)
I am glad you got off early and went to your parents and swam and enjoyed yourself. That goulash sounds divine! I just love your summer entries.
XOOOXOOX

Anonymous said...

hi donna the pool sounds wonderful, i am sooo looking forward to my holiday in a couple of weeks!! take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you get to spend so much time in the pool :o)  It looks great xx

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Well, I am a week behind I see from the date on your entry!  Geesh, I don't know where the time goes but I agree, a busy day wears me out and I too feel the effects of my age these days.  And we aren't even old yet!  ROFLOL!!!

Sounds like a wonderful afternoon of cooling off.  This is our first dry weekend in a few weeks.  Summer?  Where?