Sunday, July 13, 2008

~ Good Mornin ~

      DsDesignsFlowerRain.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


It might well be afternoon by the time I get this posted or you get to read it... so a 'good afternoon' is in order as well :)  It's a chilly rainy start to the day.  One of those 'go crawl back in bed with a good book' days.  Instead I played with some pictures I took of the flowers from my sisters memorial mass a while back.  Each bloom brings a different flower, a different beauty.  I have shots of most of them and I think I will print them out and give them to my parents.  Such beauty and a perfect way to remember.   Having them framed and hung in their house....  The other day I caught the bee hovering above.  It's not the best shot, but I like it :)

 

    DsDesignsBee2008.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

Last night when I got home from my parents I played with a new sidebar graphic.  I adored the little fishy ribbons and wanted to use them.  I played with the walking sand effect, and tho it is not perfect I made a tag this morning using one of my own pictures.  I will offer it up later............ 

 

I hope everyone has a great Sunday... maybe the weather is better in your neck of the woods. 

 

Hugs

~d


Tags: ,

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think having the Photos of the flowers framed is a wonderful idea.  Love the new sidebar.  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

 I love the pictures.   Your so clever with your graphics.  I like the bee also.


                   Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow to get that bee in mid-air like that'
Just beautiful

Anonymous said...

Donna, great bee picture !!!!!!!!!! The weather is cool and foggy here, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I know your parents will treasure what you give them. I love any pics you take..and rain and flowers? WOW, perfect. It rained here for 2 days....now is sunny. Hot too!
i love you!

Anonymous said...

those pics are gorgeous. we're suppose to get thunder and rain later today. i hope it's a downpour and cools it off some. hope you have a good day. (((((((hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift for your parents.

Yesterday we had rain most of the day ...nice lazy summer day.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous....like always!  Your talent never ceases to amaze me.  Have a wonderful day!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I love your photos Donna!
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!  I love that bee picture...such detail!

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna, what a wonderful tribute that is, for you to give your parents a lasting memory from your sis's memorial..the flowers might not be there forever but your pictures will be!
Even here in sunny Florida it's a shitty day so don't feel bad hon.  Hope you're enjoying what's left of the weekend chick!
xo Darlene :)

Anonymous said...

The fish ribbons ARE cute.  I like the bee shot too.  :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your lenses...
Are you shooting digital?  I think you wrote all about this stuff previously but my brain is like a sieve anymore.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures Donna, you always do such nice work--enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Im glad ur having a good, relaxin day. Even though theres some rain. But yes on rainy days its always perfect to cuddle up read a good book or watch a good movie. I love the pics you took as always. I think the flowers ones you want to frame and gvie to your parents is a great and thoughtful idea hun. Good shot of that bee hovering. I thought hat was neat. I love the new sidebar. I noticed it when i got in here. I cant wait till you offer it. Take care hun. have a good night :) *hugs, Leslie

Anonymous said...

You must have one heck of a camera . . . or maybe you really patient.  I never get shots like that!

LORI

Anonymous said...

Again so great! I think you should be a pro and make some money from your photos! Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Donna,

I've always liked that "rain effect" in graphics, but that shot with the bee, that was a rare once-in-a-lifetime shot, so glad you were able to catch it, and so grateful that you shared.  

such wonderful art here!!!

s.

Anonymous said...

Loved the rain...so peaceful...hsve a great week...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Weathers crap here too!
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

love the pics.....we had pretty good weather yesterday! If I wouldn't have napped all afternoon - I probably would have enjoyed it :)

Michele

Anonymous said...

great pics, the flowers are looking lovely, a lovely rememberence. take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

Love the bee hovering near the cornflower.......... beautiful

Thanks for sharing
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Great pics..love the bee!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

The bee picture is great! hubby will be jealous, lol...
Linda :)