Monday, December 10, 2007

~ Monday ~

DsDesignsWhenLifegivesyousnow.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


I'm not even sure where the day went.  I woke this morning to have everything covered in ice.  Not as bad as the Chicago area from what I've seen on the news, but enough to have me take several minutes to scrape, scrape, and scrape some more.  I should have requested a remote starter for my car instead of an external hard drive.  LOL

 

I got to work and jumped right in.  Did a bit of tweaking on the holiday card and when I finally got up to get my first cup of java (at work - I already had a few before I left the house) it was already 10 am.  YIKES!   Oh, don't get me wrong, I love when the day flies by but that just reminded me how much work I had to do and hadn't even started.  Next thing I know I had worked through my lunch.  Not because I forgot to eat.  I NEVER forget to eat  LOL  I just didn't realize.  So about 1:30 I grabbed a cup of soup.  BLAH!  I nibbled but it wasn't cutting it.  I needed something good.  Did I get it?  No.  It was too late at that point.  Pigging out on my spaghetti dinner took care of the hunger rumbles.   Rumbles?  I think they were growls.  Big hearty, noisy growls.  Ones that you could hear across the room. 

 

My nephew and his girlfriend stopped to do his resume.  We messed with it for a bit and between her and I we had it presentable.  Good thing.  The boys were on and I really thought I would get a chance to watch them play.  HA!  Play?  They looked like freakin figure skaters out there.  Not that figure skating is a bad thing, but this is hockey!!  They looked like a bunch of pansies and would have been better suited to be in tutu's instead of pads.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my boys and always will, but they frustrated the hell out of me today.  Today?  Hmmm more like a few good games and then this lazy, unmotivated play.  Some say it's because of the loss of two players.  I don't buy it.  Sure it hurt, but the injuries are what's getting to us now.  I am still screaming for a stay at home stud defenseman too.  Gaz- why did you come to mind when I said that? :)~   I don't know what the issue is.  Maybe two very long seasons with nothing to show for it.  Play off hangover.  Don't know.  I do know if they don't get their heads out of their asses they will be done in April.  They have dug hole that is going to be tough to get out of.  GRRRRRRRRRRR

 

On to the request for the external hard drive.  My computer is nice, over 80gb.  I have room, but my graphics are starting to take a toll.  I thought about a flash drive, but I really don't need to move the data, I just would like to store it off the main hard drive.  Secure it from crashes, and no doubt once I remove everything and clean it up I will be a speed demon.  I've done some research and my son will get that for me for Christmas.  The one I have in mind is even large enough where I could reserve the 80gb and use it for back up too, 500gb.  I think I'm loving that idea. 

 

On another note.  I stopped to get the stocking stuffers on my way home.  As I made my way through the store I spotted a few things that my sister would have loved.  Tears flowed.  We, as siblings, have not exchanged on a personal level in years.  We pick names, do baskets, buy gift cards and pick one Christmas Eve, so it wasn't that.  I miss her.  I miss our calls, laughs, stories.   I can't pick up the phone and call her.  I do talk to her, regularly, it's just not the same.  I try really hard to put the brave face on.  Act like I have my act together, but days like today just have things come crashing in.  Something so simple as a goofy candle, a Christmas ornament, a smell of perfume.  Damn it's hard!  So freakin' hard!  I still light a candle for her.  I can't give it up yet.  I do appreciate those of you that still click on the graphic on my sidebar and leave word.  Makes my heart and soul warm to know I'm not the only who hasn't forgotten.  Thank you.

 

WTH!?!  I just saw the time.  Today is a blur and it's now tomorrow.  Hope everyone is doing well.

 

Hugs

~d

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, I hate Mondays personally, I am sorry you are missing your sister hon, Big Hugs to you Lisa ((((((((((((((( Donna ))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

Damn!  You are still the best graphic artist out there when it comes to animation.  Look at that SNOW!
I winced when I read about you scraping the car.  OMG!  I used to hate that.  An ice covered car was a reason to call in sick in my book!  LOL  And for once, I am so glad that we've got a garage here!  I don't think I fully appreciated it until tonight.  
And there is absolutely NO REASON why you should be trying to "put the brave face on."  Especially when it's all so raw and recent.  I wish I could tell you it won't hurt like this next year but grieving is a long, slow process.  It was well over two months before I even started to keep track of what day it was.  And one of the reasons I'm devoting my blog to Pop this month is not just about honoring him but because I haven't cried ENOUGH.  I can read my posts just fine once they are posted but, I assure you, I cry my heart out while I'm writing every single one of them.  
On a happier note... I did the zodiac sign thingie and it turns out I'm a good kisser, too.  How do they KNOW that???
I think about you ever day, darlin'.  You are not alone!
Love,
MJ

Anonymous said...

Donna, don't feel bad.  The tears don't come as often--but years down the road something will cause them to dampen your cheeks.  It is just that love really never dies.  The hurt gets less, but I can assure you, I still miss my Nels, and it is over five years.  Prayers are with you and your sister.  ((((hugs)))), LaVern

Anonymous said...

I still haven't come to fully axxept that I don't have to buy my mom a christmas gift this year.  It takes time.

xxx
Russ

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your boys are letting you down at the moment.
Something is always going to hit that raw spot Donna. I think some days you do have to put on a brave face to the world, but you don't have to do that with us Donna, we know you're still hurting, but I hope it gets a bit easier with time.
Sending hugs to you
Take care
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

I can understand how hard it still is ,the time is still very new ,You wont ever be over it ,but somehow you learn to live with it ,meanwhile just now the pain is still very raw ,I hope you are able to enjoy this coming holiday time ,a little ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm sorry the boys played poorly last night.  It was nice of you to help your nephew out with his resume.  I hope your computer really flies once you get your new hard drive and clean off the existing one.  Stay safe in all this wintry weather.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))
from me to you
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

I have asked for an external hard drive to keep all my psp stuff on for Christmas also!
Missie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Donna ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. Its so very hard not to be reminded of our loved ones, especially at this time of year, my mum died in 2000 and things constantly remind you of her. I think it is a good idea to remember those we have lost no matter how hard it is, but sometimes we get overwhelmed with it. Maybe its there way of reminding us that they are there with us , in spirit.

Sorry to hear about your boys too, sounds like they need a good kick up the nether regions :o))

Wow.......... christmas prezzie sounds great.

Question ...... i dont seem to have a side bar for you ?? is that the one on the left hand side, if so mine has disappeared   :o(((

Take care
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Of course it's hard.  I'm sorry.  Sending you a big hug!
Traci

Anonymous said...

i've not forgotten your sister and daily i wonder how YOU are holding up....i can not imagine the pain of losing a beloved sibling. I am glad you will get such a cool gift from your son! You have a gorgeous tag at the top of the entry. Sorry to hear your boys sucked so...maybe they'll do better next time.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

It's okay Donna.....you won't forget that is the most important thing....she is with you I am sure.

(((HUGS)))

Michele

P.S. Just talked to my mom (in Chicago) and she said it was pretty bad!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep remembering the good times wth your sister. Its so sad to know that you go through these tough times. :(
I like your idea about an external Hard Dive.  I put all my new Digi Scrapbook things  and picturs on my pocket media drive (fits right in my new puter)  It is nice to know that I will not lose my important data.  You will love it.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend...I've been away and now playing catch up with all the news on everyone's journals.  
Sorry to hear the 'boys' are playing pants!!  What a shame!
I like the sound of your new Christmas present....I could do with some of that too.  
The days fly away when you least want them to.  Soon it will be Christmas and then New Year.
Times for family and friends to gather.  
Of course you will miss your darling sister hard this year as you have always had her around.  She will be there I'm sure.  I know if it were me I would be hanging around all day and night forever. You too....yes?
She will always be there for you have no fear.
Love has no time boundaries.
Take care.
Hugs
Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

Sweetie I don't think any of your friends have forgotten your Sis.  I have to tell you, this time of year is made for remembering loved ones we've lost.  My parents have been dead for many years but I had a good cry while decorating my tree (my mom's favorite thing) this year.  You will always miss her but it will get better...I promise.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I still go and light a candle sometimes I click yours and go to sis group sometimes I go to mine and click LOVE group,mostly I wirite my prayers for you to get through the tough times ....wow a 500 gb hard drive-would love to see that under my tree.Since I crashed and started all over again-it is filling up fast with pics and graphics,LOL.
~c~

Anonymous said...

I woke up to a lovely ice storm in Kansas ....now I remember why I do not like winter in Kansas!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family ....as I know this will be a difficult holiday for you.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that your having a white holiday season and I'm still wearing shorts.
And about all the things you saw that your sister would have loved cause you just know what she'd like....I hope you never loose that.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i want the snow to stick here in philly i wish it hurry!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that today was one of those sad days for you.  I hope your boys start playing like the hockey players that they are soon too!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna...the graphic is too cute...I snagged hope thats okay!

This entry just has me in tears, I don't know exactly how you feel in losing a sister...but i too have been missing those I love who have passed...this time of year i'm just a roller coaster of emotions....just know my heart goes out to you and know your not alone, my friend....I will never forget your sister....

(((((((((((((((Donna))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Snagged the graphic - I love it.  I cried when I started to read about your sis.  There are a few now that I miss ~ espcially this time of year.  Take your time, Donna.  You are allowed to grieve however long you need to ~ and in your own way.  I will be praying for you.  Many Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful opening graphic that is Donna.I'll make this short,as I am way behind with my comments to everyone.I am so so busy at this time of year.I am sorry I havn't lit a candle.I didn't know if you would still wish us to do so.I will definatly continue now you have mentioned this.I can understand you still miss your Sis .Thats normal.It is only early days yet and having said that years don't take these feeling  away either.You look after yourself..Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic D.  I'm sure that you are still hurting from the loss of your sister.  She hasn't been gone long and it takes time to process the loss and grieve.  Here for you anytime Hon. ~K

Anonymous said...

Holidays are the worst right after such a loss.  I'm sure many tears are going to flow.  I've had an external drive for a couple of years.  I work out of it all the time.  I keep very little on my pc.  But, my Becky also has suggested me backing up my "back up" on a flash drive.  I just might do it.  My external drive is two years old now.  I've had a couple people in my PSP group have their external drives go kaput.  Ugh, backing up the back up.  JMO:  I'd do the external drive because it's easy access but I'd also back everything up on something else.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Aww, Donna, your sister has not left you. She is always with you. My grandpa's passing was very hard on me because no one allowed me to mourn. They kept telling me that I had to be strong for my mother but my mother was not as close to him as I was. It wasn't until a year after he died that I finally allowed myself to mourn. Hold on to the memories of the special times that you shared together. Our bodies may die but our spirit does not. Her spirit is probably sitting there right beside you, trying to console you! Allow her love to comfort you and put her arms around you.

Here for you,
Win =.)

Anonymous said...

h