Sunday, December 16, 2007

~ This and That Sunday ~

                       DsDesignsStockingKitty.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


What a lazy day!  I don't think I mentioned this the other night, but when we had snow and my son came over to shovel, I had moved my car to allow the plow more room to maneuver.  Since I was the only car in the drive it helped to have it out of the way so he could get the entire thing clear.  After I got my car back in it's spot I was walking back down the drive and I took a spill.  Graceful it was not.  I landed hard on my right knee and my left leg was twisted and behind me.  Being a cheerleader years ago did not help one bit.  I was twisted and sore.  Once I got up I felt some what ok.  On Saturday I slid again in the parking lot of the store.  I didn't fall but I definitely pulled my groin as I not so gracefully kept from falling.  So here I sit feeling like an athlete.  Or not.  No way in hell I was attempting anything today.  I was just taking it easy. 

 

The snow over night was not that bad, maybe 4 inches.  The plow came and cleared the driveway, but it mattered not.  I was staying put.  It rained a bit, and then snow started to fall again.  It fell all day.  If you happened to see the game in Cleveland you saw what I was getting.  The wind picked up and the light flakes blew all over.  I suppose another 8-10 inches.  The plow just came again, and my nephew Mike was here.  He went and moved vehicles, cleared my car off and it looks like I will be good to go in the morning.  I was a bit worried about having to clear off the car and around it after the plow, but I only have what falls this evening to worry about.  YEAH!  I'll be buying that boy a bottle of booze!  The hot cocoa and doughnut when he came in just isn't pay enough. 

 

The news it out.  The Bills lost today.  I had to turn the channel a few times.  Not because of poor play but straining to watch.  The snow falling, the white jerseys, and the wind blowing gave me a headache.  Ok, so the bad play too.  One more year with out the play offs.  ::sigh:: Getting use to it. 

 

I'm going to do a little rant here.  Hack, Chris Simon, of the NY Islanders is at again.  Saturday night while the Isles played the 'Guins, Simon pulled his cheap bullshit.  After a subtle knock down, he stomped on the opposing players ankle as he lay on the ice. 

 

            


 


Hockey skate blades are sharp.  He could have cut the guys ankle causing major damage.  A cowardly act.  He should be banned for life.  This asshole doesn't play the game, he tries to hurt and maim players.  No respect for himself or fellow players.  Sad thing, is the league will probably only suspend him a couple games.  How soon they will forget his previous acts.  Last year he took his stick and decked an opposing player......  across the face...  there are others too, but I'm sure you'll get the idea.  GRRRRRR  Chris Simon you are mocking my sport.  You don't deserve the right to be called an NHL player.  Take a seat!


 

        

 

 

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I am feeling a bit better now, but not the best.  Sore, and not even close to being in the holiday spirit.  Not one Christmas card was mailed.  I feel horrible, but I am hoping folks will understand.  Just not with it or as organized as I usually am.  I'm lucky I got the gifts needed for the family.  I'm hoping the mood will switch and quickly.

 

Hugs

~d

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your earlier condolences!  
I'm with ya on the taking a spill thing.  Not nearly as young as I used to be!  I feel like I'm about 80 at the moment.  All because I went outside to see how slippery it was because I didn't want DOT to slip!
LOL

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you had a spill and hurt yourself.  Hope you are ok now, or at least a little better than when it happened.  That wasn't very sportsmanlike.  Some hockey players do love cheapshots, that is for sure.  Have a good week.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Wow that was a cheapshot ....he should get a few days off for doing that intentionally.

Sorry you fell ....that is not any fun but at least you did not break any bones.

Have a great week ....I snagged the above tag

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think of you whenever the Weather Channel mentions 'noreasters!  Keep warm and watch your step!!  

xxx
Russ

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you fell - hope you recover quickly....I do not miss walking and falling on snow and ice...just crazy!!!!
Whoever is plowing your driveway deserves big time goodies...I am sure it is quite a relief for you that you do not have to deal with it.
I hope the spirit of the season hits ya soon......I think you have just been so busy with other things you have not had the time to just enjoy the season!!!
Hope you have a fall free week!! take care of you
Peace--Ellie

Anonymous said...

Poor sportsmen like that should not be allowed to play ...ever!
I'm sorry you took a spill and hurt yourself....please be verycareful fronm now on.  It's so easilydone and once airborn.....well goodness knows which bit is going to go first on landing.
Please take care of yourself.  Looks like you are in for a White Christmas.
Hugs
Jeanie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/kirkbyj05/DaytoDayLifeintheLakes/

Anonymous said...

i stood with Meg and watched a bit of that game.....she was marveling that how could they play in that snow! I have seen many games like that played......i was surprised that the Browns won though. I hope you are not too sore today! I hate it that you fell. Snow and ice are dangerous!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope that you get over those spills soon. A mean player like that should be banned from playing for good. Helen

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm glad Nephew Mike came to the rescue clearing the driveway.  I agree the cocoa and doughnut reward needs a little amping up, LOL.  That was really something about Simon stomping on the ankle of the opponent when he was down.  I hopethe League takes a stronger stand against this kind of unsportsman like action.  What a coward!  If he can't beat them on the ice he pulls something like this.  Boo, Hiss!  Glad you got to rest today, I hope your leg and ankle feel better.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Goodness Donna.  Thank God you did not break something in your falls.  Hope you heal quickly. Your snow plough man is an angel, and he has his work cut out for him at the moment I bet. Your weather sounds awesome to me.  We still have no snow.!!!!!
There are "sportsmen" like that in every sport, but until they get a proper punishment from the sport it will still go on.
Have a good week and hope you feel better soon.  Take care when you go out.
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Omigosh, that player you reference is beyond words.  I agree with you, he needs to go.

Sorry about your falls...glad you didn't sustain any broken bones, etc.  Hope you are very careful today.   Saw a bit of the Cleveland game...can't fathom that much snow.  lol

Take care,

Cindy

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))I am sorry about your falls.I hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your fall.  I hope your feeling better today.  linda

Anonymous said...

Not a cheerleader anymore.....LOL...

Sorry you fell....

Michele

Anonymous said...

Biofreeze baby, Biofreeze.  Sorry you fell.  Hope you get a break from all the snow soon.

              Julie

Anonymous said...

Hoping the snow has stopped for a while!  Enjoy your week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Awww sorry you fell, hope you get better soon, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry you fell, I hope you feel better now.
Yeah ex cheerleaders don't fall any better then anyone else :)

Hockey.. the violent sport? How sad!  Yep I agree the guy should be banned for life!

Have a great week,
Promise

Anonymous said...

ouch..................... Sorry to hear abut the falls............. I am so scraed to falling down when its snowy & icy.............falling over 70 inches is a long......long way ......lol.
Hope you feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear about your boys.......... OMG........ that guy is a dork........its sad when players have to retort to dirty tactics in a game....... they deserve to be punished .

Take care hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

glad your ok after ur fall hun

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna...I hope the soreness goes away soon, I have fallen on the snow and ice before and it hurts like hell...first thing i did though was look around to see if anyone saw me...haha

I totally understand you not being in the christmas spirit...my christmas spirit has been sorta like a roller coaster ride...up some days...down the next....I do hope you have a Merry Christmas though....

Have a good week

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna...I hope the soreness goes away soon, I have fallen on the snow and ice before and it hurts like hell...first thing i did though was look around to see if anyone saw me...haha

I totally understand you not being in the christmas spirit...my christmas spirit has been sorta like a roller coaster ride...up some days...down the next....I do hope you have a Merry Christmas though....

Have a good week

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that spill!   I don't think you should worry one little bit about the Christmas cards.   How funny to see "snow was not that bad, maybe 4 inches" because 4 inches here would be a hum-dinger of a snow storm!!    Sounds really pretty, though.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you heal fast. Not to mimimize but at least you didn't roll over your SUV like I did Sat...but then again so far I'm ok so... I fell the Wed before thanksgiving & twisted my right ankle but that is getting better.