Saturday, June 18, 2005

Getting Started

Well, like I said as of June 8, I was given more free time to play on the net, and thought I'd try my hand at some writing.  I am not going to proclaim to be the best, but I hope you enjoy the reading.


I am from the Great White North and have lived here the majority of my life.  I did a stint in Dallas, TX but couldn't wait to get home to my family, friends, and familiar surroundings.  Yes, sometimes it gets cold, sometimes we get snow, but the area is wonderful and you will see it can be fun. 

  The sunset picture was taken on a summer night looking across the St. Lawrence River up near the Thousand Islands.  The family visits there often.  It's close enough to home, but far enough away to rest and relax. 

Like I said, I am a huge hockey fan.  I've been a fan since I can remember, or since the local team came in to existance :)


The Buffalo Sabres have been in the area for over a quarter of century.  Many will say this is a "small market town", but it does not stop the fans from backing their team and supporting them.


I personally have been a fan my entire life.  Through good times and bad you will see me sporting the "boys" colors and cheering them on.  Often you will find me sharing opinions and insight on message boards throughout the internet.  



Growing up, I can remember the Sunday football games my Dad would go to.  I recall the visits to the Auditorium to see the Buffalo Braves.  I also remember the shock when my father realized “his little girl” loved hockey.  His favorite line, “go to a fight and watch a hockey game break out.”  Something so many said, but coming from my Dad it use to make me mad!  The quickness of the players, and the ability to move and handle the puck with such finesse would draw me in like no other sport.  Sure, there were hard hits, and fights, but it was part of the excitement.  The best was watching Gil Perreault skate from end of the ice to otherand foil the goalie and score.  Rick Martin, how many 50-goal seasons did he have?  Rene Robert?  Danny Gare?  I remember the heartache and tears when I heard that Tim Horton had died.  Part of the term “defense” seemed to die with him.  At the risk of sounding cold, whenever I see a sign for Tim Horton’s doughnuts I grin ear to ear and remember!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am skipping around J-land reading peoples first entries.  Can you believe how long we have been doing journals, glad your still at it.


                     Julie