Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Update - this and that..........

I will start with work.  So far so good.  No announcements on changes but I do know that one change is my report up.  So far my boss remains the same, but she reports to someone new.  No one really seems to know if that will change.  I have lost that 'gut' feeling somewhat so maybe that is all that is coming.  Besides, it is not October!  LOL  Just a brief explanation on that....  almost every year without fail something major changes in my department in Oct.  New bosses, lay offs, departmental changes, job duty changes... you name it, I've been through it.  The one good thing is, I haven't been laid off!  Keep your fingers crossed!  :)   


Heat.... OMG!  It has been hot here.  In the 90s for several days straight.  We've even broke some records along the way.  Today it has cooled down a bit, only high 70s/80s.  The bad thing, goes back to work..... yesterday about noon the air conditioner blew.  In a matter of an hour or so the temperature inside the building was over 80 and NO AIR!  'we are suffocating!'  Well, not really, but no blower, no cool air, no windows to open and about 60 computers running, printers, copiers, faxes, and lots of folks exhaling.  EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW it was like an oven!  We were allowed to wear shorts today.  Yyiiiipppppppeeeeeee but it wasn't much help.  Only part of the office space is in 'hell,' and of course it is where the majority of us work.  This morning when I walked in and went down the hallway to my work space it was like I hit a wall.  I swear the temp went up 30 degrees.  It smelled like someone's lunch from yesterday and it about forced me right to the floor.  Good thing I have a small fan on my desk, it was wonderful to have regurgitated stale hot air flowing around me. Yeah right!  By noon I, along with most of my coworkers, were ready for bed and miserable.  About 3 we got an email.  'We are so sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone's patience.  The part is on it's way but the shaft it has to go in won't be here until Tuesday.'  TUESDAY??????  Are they nuts?? It will be back up to 80/90 with humidity in the 70s by Thursday afternoon.  Oh fun, oh joy!  'You can wear shorts all week.'   Oh thank you, thank you very much.  :)  The show must go, but I will be off Friday and we're closed Monday, so I am not as bad off as others.  


Journal........ well, I have directions on how to add music to my journal.  Thank you all that helped!  You guys are the best!!  It's great to know such folks that are willing to go out of their way and help others be successful in their attempts. :)  Now... I need midi files and not exactly sure what music I want.  For those of you that know me you know if there is something that can be done I need to find out how and try it.  Any suggestions on music?????????  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm???  A little help??????  <grin>  


 

No comments: