Saturday, June 18, 2005

What's up with that........

I mentioned June 8, and having more time for the net.  I use to spend a lot of time participating on the AOL message boards.  On June 8 that ended.  AOL made some business decisions and the CL program ended.   Sure, I was disappointed and saddened by the news but it was a volunteer position.  Things change and life goes on.  One door closes and another opens, isn't that what they say?


Anyway, I decided today to get my journal going.  Giving it a shot and see if I can have some fun and share some.  During the initial set up I get an IM.  I decide to take it and see what's up.  To my dismay and disappointment it's another former CL who has not yet come to terms with the changes.  His anger is spouted in all directions and most is coming right towards me.  I tried to be pleasant and understanding, but it didn't matter.  The negativity spewed all over was brining me down.  WAY down!  I had to stop what I was doing and regroup.  Hours later here I am putting this entry in.


Maybe it's me, maybe I don't see the whole picture with some of this.  I know this.  I've had several years of fun and great times being part of a team.  I noticed months ago the changes taking place and came to the realization that AOL is a business and not just here to make my volunteer 'life' fun.  They really owed me nothing.  Sure I put in hard work, sweat, and some tears but it was my choice.  I really didn't appreciate an IM that was running non stop about the bad things.  Accusing me of things I had no idea about.  What's up with that?  Then when I get to a point where I've had enough I'm told to leave him alone??????? 


I understand that some folks had or are having a difficult time dealing with the change and need a place to vent.  I was just amazed that someone would randomly pick me from a message board comment I made.  We didn't know each other and had no dealings with each other prior and here I am being warned and threatened of my demise if I don't listen to him or join his 'group'.


What's up with that?

No comments: