Thursday, June 23, 2005

Sigh of Relief

Well, I was somewhat accurate in my feelings of last night, that gut feeling gave me a heads up.  It wasn't exactly what I thought, but there were a few changes.  The biggest would have been an email from one of my largest clients this morning stating she resigned from her company.  She will do all she can to keep their business coming my way, but her last day is July 8.  YIKES!!!!  That was a bit of a shocker and came out of left field.  I had talked to her earlier in the day and there was no mention of it at all.  She is leaving for personal reasons and is actually moving out of state.  I believe her when she says she will help me all she can, but changes in my industry can be devastating.  I will need to work extremely hard to build a trusting relationship with a new contact and keep the business flowing.  As soon as the change is announced at her company she will introduce me to her replacement and I will begin spreading my charm :)
 
Rumor also has it there has been some minor management changes in my company.  Nothing is official as of yet, but I am sure if they are true they will be announced in no time.  If they are as minor as I hear things will be fine.  I've become accustomed to change.  Over 13 years and more then changes then I care to admit!!!

No comments: