Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day!


   Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!  And the Mom's who have dual roles.  I am sure everyone has at least a few good memories about their Dad.  I know I do!  I come from a family of 7.  Dad had to work hard to give us what we needed, but he always made time for us and made sure we got our summer vacation, whether it was in a tent, in the pop up camper, or renting a house at the Outerbanks, NC.  Growing up I got to see the majority of the East Coast, even the World Expo in Montreal CN.  The line my father grew to hate, "are we there yet."  Being a single Mom, when I moved back to WNY my Dad took my son under his wing.  I can remember a trip down south in my parents RV.  My son didn't ask "are we there yet?"  Instead, he'd say, "Grump, are we where we want to be?"  I really don't remember how he knew to ask it that way, but he did and we all got a kick out of it.
  Today my family, the entire family will spend the day at my sisters.  We'll do steak on the grill and enjoy the company.  Kids, grand kids, and great grand kids will come together to celebrate.  I hope everyone out there has a wonderful day and can spend it with family members to enjoy and remember the good times.   Happy Father's Day!

http://hometown.aol.com/jynndi/myhomepage/profile.html

No comments: