Tuesday, January 22, 2008

~ Drive Home ~

DsDesignsWinter.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Well, winter arrived once again today.  It was cold this morning and they were calling for snow to start about 3.  Great, just in time for the ride home.  The forecast was wrong!  The snow started in the morning and fell off and on all day.  Fine snow that made the roads slick and visibility poor.  Almost foggy.  Accumulation was minimal, but pestering just the same.  When I left work it was doing nothing.  I made my way to the highway and on more then one occasion the snow fell quick and hard only to stop.  Traffic was a mess.  Bumper to bumper and slow going.   When I got off the highway and was on the street leading to my house.  Lisa Jo came to mind.  Sitting on the seat next to me was my camera.  I had taken it to work for whatever reason.  Just in case.  At the next light I pulled it out of the case, set it on video, turned off my radio, and held it on my steering wheel for some type of balance.   It's not as fuzzy as you think, that is actually snow falling.  The noise you hear is either my lens cap clicking on the wheel,  the wind/snow hitting my car, or slush/salt under my tires.   Of course, a little of me talking.  LOL  You surely didn't think I'd be able to keep quiet did you?  Currently the snow has stopped....  lets see how long that lasts.

 

            

 

Everything else is fine.  That is except for my boys.  In some demented sick way I think they are trying to send a message to management.   Not really sure what the messageis, but I suspected months ago their lack luster play was because of upcoming contracts and the management indifference.  It seems the Buffalo Sabres will once again become the incubator for the NHL.  Draft the players, develop them through the ranks of minor league and here, and then when it's time to pay them they cut them loose.  This was a habit several years ago.  Team was almost run into the ground.  I placed blame then squarely on the shoulders of Larry Quinn.  He was fired then, new ownership, which turned out to be no better.  That owner is now in jail for corruption in his cable company.  The team went bankrupt and in steps Tom Golisano.  Our savior.  That is until he hires Larry Quinn as managing partner.  GRRRRRRRRR  I had hoped things would be different, but right now it doesn't appear to be going that way.  Fans are in an uproar, the boys don't seem to care.  Fragile some are calling it.  I think they need a swift kick in the ass.  Lindy Ruff, the coach, needs to stop coddling and get in their face.  The boys need to play desperate, desperate to win, not get out of here.  Tommy Boy needs to fire Quinn's ass and pronto!   Whether it's intentional or not the boys are showing no motivation and definite unhappiness in something.  Million dollar players or not.................     :::deep breaths:::

 

Hope everyone had a great day....   can't wait for work tomorrow.  Did I say that???????????   Curious how the department meeting will go... time will tell if control.. self control will be displayed.

 

Hugs

~d

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, beautiful  tag above, please be careful driving in that snow ok, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

wow that was some ride. Especially for us Texas folk who seldom see snow.
Thanks for sharing.
Linda/llbrown247

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit!  What fabulous snow!
:)
mj

Anonymous said...

Yeah it was yucky here today... I saw it on TV, didn't leave the house..... Tawnya

Anonymous said...

Wet weather here, and let me tell you these people don't know how to drive when it rains.  Well, except for me of course lol.  You can have that cold, I would freeze to death.  Have a happy tomorrow.

Allison

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I can not believe they hired that old coach back again.  Geez.  loved the car video, LOL.  Good job, though I'm glad you didn't end up in a ditch, LOL.  Great graphic with the wolves, too!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Wish I could view the video lol.. gotta get away from dial up!! Keep warm anyway. -Missy

Anonymous said...

WOW now that is some snow girl and BTW I loved hearing your voice thats so cool.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna ... just sitting here recovering from a nasty bout of flu and watching your drive home from work AND thinking "Thank goodness" we're sick here and not in the Far North! LOL  It's a bit cool here, but nothing like hometown Chicago.  When we decided to move to Florida, everyone thought we were out of our minds ... at this time of year, we're absolutely sure it's a good place to be!  Stay warm, drive carefully and thanks for sharing your video!

Peace~
Linda

Anonymous said...

woo hoo that was some ride! Although, I too, am on dial up, good ol aol only allowed me to see the beginning (video player quits) and missed hearing your voice but wow was it snowing! Hope it doesnt freeze tonight in your area--want you safe and sound....loved hearing about your work and so hope tomorrows meeting will go better ........and loved the Winter Tag. hugs-Carolina

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
I've been trying hard to hit all my journal links this week, make sure they were updated and the alerts turned back on.....yours is now done and back on line in Pooh Land :)
I loved your video.......but be careful sweetie!! We have a lot of snow here too, we got 7 inches today and are expecting a foot of lake effect tomorrow, yikes!
Sorry your Hockey boys haven't been playing up to par.....hopefully they will feel your vibes and get it in gear :)

Beautiful Graphic, too!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Donna.  Very pretty to look at--but I just don't drive in the snow any more.  That's one of the luxuries of retirement--anything can wait until another day!  LaVern

Anonymous said...

Spring is less than months away....Keep the faith!

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Loved the video!!!!  Get the snow plows ready!!!

Be safe on the drive to work on Wednesday

Anonymous said...

hope the meeting goes well tomorrow. loved the video! you were sure getting some snow! i hate driving in the stuff.
was your driveway plowed for you when you arrived? lol
ttyl
emily

Anonymous said...

that video brought back night mares of driving through that - but I loved seeing it...as long as I do not have to feel it or drive in it....!!!
Thanks for sharing it -
Peace--Ellie

Anonymous said...

Donna I enjoyed driving home with you ,That looked like Maurice ahead of you in his Mitsubishi lol ,seemed odd to be on the 'wrong 'side of the road though lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Mercy, I cannot fathom that.  Glad you're safe.  You must have nerves of steel, and the patience of Job!  LOL

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Now I am inspired to make a video of a drive to work for me!  Or home.  We got a bout with some moderate snow yesterday.  We got about 3 inches at home of the really fluffy stuff.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh you crack me up!  I thought the same thing when I did my Village Loop a couple of weeks ago (still working on getting it in the journal ... lol)I must be nuts!   I see that you have a miserable ride home on snowy days, but I figure it this way, making a video is entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Snow and rain missd us yesterday.  Yea!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Did you know you were driving on the wrong side of the road.???  Just kidding.
Loved the video, even if it was a nightmare drive home for you.  Love your opening graphic.
Sorry to hear about the boys.  Hope something gets sorted soon.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at your meeting today.
Have a good Wednesday.
Hugs to you
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

It was amazes me to see snow, consider I have never seen it in real life. so thank you for giving me an idea of what the real deal is all about. And glad you made it home safe, have good rest of the week.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

OMG, i LOL when i listened and watched your "Car Cam" video....AWESOME......you did great.....we had the exact same system hit us in Ohio the day before.....about 10 people kept coming into the store saying "it is a fine snow", and it was. Are we allowed to snag that cute WINTER tag? I hope you do more videos like that......i love your voice. You did great in that snow too. I hope that meeting went better than last weeks!
LOVE ya

lj

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely! Thanks for sharing the video with us. I'm a wimp when it comes to driving in snow. Hope your meeting went well today.
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

That is some serious snow, Donna. Not seen that for absolutely YEARS. Glad you managed to reach home safely :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't miss driving in the snow too much!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Goodness, glad you made it home safe...I know it sounds crazy but i wish we would get a good snow that would stick around at least a couple days...we get an inch here and there but nothing that sticks around long.

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm so glad you made it home safe!!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Oooh . . . scary! Hate driving on two lane highways in the snow, because there certainly isn't much room to pass, if the car in front of you decides to take an unexpected spin. I try to stick to the four lane ones and keep to the curb lane, if needed. Glad you made it home in one piece, Donna. Vancouver has a lot of cold temperatures, but lots of sun during the day. We may get snow on Saturday, though.
Always, Rose~* (ps) - Our Canucks are in a slump lately, too.

Anonymous said...

Omg, I dunno how to tell you this but...you're driving on the wrong side of the road!! lol! Ok..I'll stop being stupid...

Can we swap some of your snow for some of our rain? lol!

luurrrve ya!
xx

Anonymous said...

I'm just so glad you got home safe and sound!  Sorry to have missed this entry and some others. I am playing catch up with everyone now.
I don't like driving in snow and will avoid it if I have to.  
That was a bit dodgy videoing whilst driving.  Take care.....please?
I didn't like the last bit when there were no cars to give you some orientation as you drove.
Hugs
Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

Scray Video.  I hate driving in the dark and in the snow.  
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats bad road conditions....sorry, added this comment into the one about the Super Bowl clip preview...but is was good driving skills and video taking...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Love watching you guys videos........ think its the accent thing....lol.... no seriously i love seeing where you guys live.  Wow the conditions loooked terrible..... i am so scared of the snow...well scraed of falling in it... hee hee.

Sorry to hear about your boys...... hope things get sorted

Have a great weekend
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

I hate the winte with a vengance unless, I am inside looking out.
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

All I can say is thank you god for letting my friend here get home safely. I was a nervous wreck watching this video. (((((((hugs)))))))))
Love ya,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

wouldn't catch me in that stuff. I'm thinkin you driving to fast LOL, must of been a game on that nite. Oh the joy of winter. hugs

Anonymous said...

Glad you are okay! I don't know if it will help brighten your mood or not, but Chris Drury is either not gelling with his Ranger teammates or he is not playing to his own potential--either way, the restless MSG fans were getting a little agitated with him and calling for his head on the chopping block. Of course, Scott Gomez is facing the same issues as well.  The Sabres are definitely the fast moving, high flying, just can't stop 'em team from last season, I have to say! And it is one weird kind of season if the goalie with the most shutouts is from the BOOjackets!!!!