Monday, January 21, 2008

JLand Photo Shoot #126


This week's JLand Photo Shoot will begin today (on Monday) and is due on Saturday, Jan. 26, at 11 PM EST.  That's Saturday night, for those of you who are getting confused! 


Our subject this week is:


Black and White


You may interpret this subject any way you like. 


DsDesignsUSSLittleRock.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


 


I first want to say Krissy's timing is unbelievable.  The other day when I went to the Marina to get pictures I had turned and looked at the Naval Park.  The 'tug' was on it's way out to the lake and the ship, USS Little Rock,  stood there calling my name.  So I took a picture.  Ok, so I took a few.  This evening I had this picture opened in PSP and I sat looking at it.  I wanted to use it in my entry this evening, but I went blank with ideas.  I could see my AOL mail building up so I thought I would take a break and come back here to read a bit and see if any bright ideas came to mind.  I then got Krissy's alert.  Low and behold.  The light went on and I was off to play.   I wish I had a better angle so not to get the 'Skyway', a highway going from downtown to the south towns.  It runs along the lake and as you see part of it is elevated.  Usually one of the first things to close when lake effect hits the area.  It's blinding up there with the wind and limited visibility, makes it tough to maneuver and pretty unsafe.  I could do without the buildings of the city too.  My sister thinks it adds to the picture.  I have to say I'm prettypleased with how the whole thing came out. 


Just a friendly reminder my personal pictures/collages are not for snag.  Thanks for understanding.


41 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty picture Donna, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with this picture Donna ...you take some awesome photos!!

Thank you for sharing with all of us.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think it really looks nice! I can't wait to get my camara so I can really start practicing. LOL I have been using a camara phone and saved pics for mine. I have a 35mm camara but imagine having to get the film developed everytime I want to play along lol! HEHE my boyfriend promised me a digital one February 23rd.. and I am holding him to it lol! I think this is a great shot that you took!! -Missy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

WOW-GORGEOUS-LOVE HOW YOU PUT IT ALL TOGETHER! YOU ARE SO TALENTED!!! IF U WERENT A JUDGE, YOU SURE WOULD WIN WITH THIS PHOTO!
GREAT JOB!

Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOW!  That has to be your best Tag,Photo etc.........EVER!  That is absolutely gorgeous.  Great job this.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm a big, big fan of black and white photography.

Nice work.

xxx
Russ

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cool! Excellent interpretation of the assignment AND, as always, a very talented use of both the photo and your PSP skills. Love it!

Anonymous said...

You did good! This is so pretty. Helen

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture.  I love the way you have set it up.

Anonymous said...

what a great photo!
thanks for shairing
emily

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful photo.
Have a good Tuesday.
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

I like the picture the way it is.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi D could I please get this tag with
jean
Thanks bunches! jean

Anonymous said...

Hi D me again put the request in the wrong place! Duh! sorry! jean

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're not at professional photographer coz it sure looks like you are to me lol. I love pictures you take.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna -- nice shot and a great way to display the ship.  Somehow, She belongs in black and white.  :)

Anonymous said...

neither the skyway or buildings detract from this pic...it's perfect!  i love it.
gina

Anonymous said...

that is a good pic....i like naval ships. Went on one in Cleveland a few yrs back. I also love black and white. Megan took her HomeComing pics in all black and white one year and they were fabulous.
XO, lisa

Anonymous said...

You took another amazing shot, and I love what you did with the pic.  My grandson is all about ships.....he and his cub scout troop were allowed to sleep over on a battleship in our area.  He was so excited and came home telling me about the ghosts on the ship!  Good luck in the contest.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

This was a great choice, and as usually, beautifully done.    Wonderful job.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Love the picture Donna

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Great picture!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Great picture!
Missie

Anonymous said...

 Perfect black and white.  

           Julie

Anonymous said...

Great black and white photo....hope your having a great day...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

It's a great photo and I love the creativeness behind what you've done there :o)

Jenny

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))Very nice pic.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your sister.  I think it looks beautiful!!!!  

Good job!

bridgett

Anonymous said...

great collage! I love it!
thanks for sharing.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with your sister,the builidngs and the skyway make for a great shot,if not -it would just look like a ship at sea.
The Navy Seal and dog tags really add just the right touches.
**Hugs**

                   ~c~

Anonymous said...

Again brilliant ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great pic Donna......... i love black & white photos

hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Awesome shot Donna!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

great picture! I like the buildings in the picture; I think its a great shot!

betty

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You have a good touch with this scrapbooking theme!  It looks wonderful in black and white!  Maria