Wednesday, May 14, 2008

~ Hump Day ~

DsDesignsHumpDay.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


I swear I had nothing to do with this, other then purchasing the lawn type ornament.  When my sister and I went to get the first bird feeder we saw this.  We both loved it.  A little lawn ornament that is a tic tac toe board.  We decided to go back and get it for my Mom for her Mother's Day gift.  We thought it would look cute in her backyard some place near the built in pool.  A nice decoration.  As she unwrapped the gift 'Bug' made a big deal.  First it was in a fairly large box, and she wanted the wrapping paper.   'Don't rip it, it's beautiful,' she said over and over as my Mom took her time opening.  That in itself had us laugh.  She didn't just say 'beautiful' it was 'beeeeeeeeuuuuuutiful' so theatrical.  And she left all the other goodies at her Grandma's but she did remember that paper!

Well, once it was taken out of the box and the bubble wrap was removed we set it up on the kitchen table to get a good view.  In walks my nephew.  He walks over to the table and sets it up.   We roared.  Now my family reads my journal, so they knew of 'little pecker' and 'morning woody' so it was only fitting I now have a graphic for hump day.  As an FYI I added the text to the picture.  He had no idea, he was just being funny.  Then my Mother laughs and calls for my Dad as she makes her way into the family room  to help him, cane and all, out to the kitchen so he can see what his Grandson did.   The giggles from my parents only made us laugh harder.  

 

My day was good.  My new boss had set up a program 'On the Spot Award', and today I was given the award.  Wuuuuu huuuuuuu cold hard cash.  Not a ton of money, but something that will come in handy and it's nice to be appreciated.   Going forward it will be given out once a month.  Let's hope I can get a few more times before the year ends.  I am also contemplating working a compressed work week schedule.  We are offered flextime and currently I work 8:30-4:30 with a half hour lunch.   The compressed week is working 8-5:30 for 4 days and then on the 5th day you'd work 8:30-12.  I was thinking that would be nice to work each Friday for the summer.   Working out some of the details, and we'll see if it is something that flies. 

 

Next week will be an extremely short week.  I am taking off Monday.    I will be driving my son and his girlfriend to airport for their trip to Disney.  They have to be there at 5:30.  OUCH!  I decided instead of getting home and trying to get to work and be functional I'd just take the day.   I am using a 2 hour pass on Thursday and off Friday... then Monday because of the holiday.  I may be going up to the camp on the St. Lawrence River.  It's been in my brother-in-laws family for years.  It's not to awful far from Alexandria Bay and the Thousand Islands.  We'll probably leave early on Friday and take a leisurely ride so I can get pictures.   Still working out the details there too.  

 

Well, hope everyone had a good hump day.  LOL

 

Hugs

~d


Tags:

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

 That was so cute Donna- could just picture it all...kids are just so awesome!! love it!

Congrats on your award at work---woo hoo, always nice to get a little bonus now and then and u work so hard!

Wishing ur son and his girlfriend a great time in Disney and sounds like your job is a bit flexible too which makes it nice. I like the longer hrs and going home early-so hope you at least try it-almost like a day off on Friday and Friday traffic here is always so busy.

Hope you have fun this weekend if you get out--gonna get some warm temps this side(washington) of the states and really looking forward to some sun. Have a great week,weekend and hugs to you and the family.

Anonymous said...

ps---and Happy Hump Day to u too............roaring here lol!

Anonymous said...

 Cute, hope you saved the paper.

            Julie

Anonymous said...

That is cute and i hope you win a lot of months.

Anonymous said...

Just wait till the lawn ornaments begin taking over the INSIDE LoL

Anonymous said...

That is really cool.....
I like that one.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the on the spot award.  And sure you didn't have anything to do with the way the bunnies and turtles were positioned!  LMAO : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting the spot award ......your hump day picture made me laugh

have a great thursday

Anonymous said...

Hi there lady :) Glad all is well hun. I enjoyed the pics for the last entry. You have such a sweet, beautiful family. Its soo great to see you all smile. You all need that and deserve to have fun. It was great to also read you all had a wonderful day full of love, laughter and fun. What a trip about the gift, lol. So glad your parents enjoyed it but got good laughs about the whole thing too. It sounded like you all had a blast. Thats really cute though what you all got. Wow the on the spot thing at your job sounds neat. I know my hubby would enjoy getting that at his work, lol. Its always so great to be appreciated for sure. Thst awesome u won it though. Sounds like you have nice plans for next week and for the holiday as well. Wow is your son really going to Disney? How cool, so are we, lol we are leaving for Orlando next Thurs. We are so excited. Anyhow hun, have a good friday and weekend. Hope you enjoy your day off coming up, the 2 hr pass and all the plans you have. ttys hun, Leslie

Anonymous said...

That is a funny picture Donna, glad you had a good day, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Very cute with the hump day picture...Only you Donna...LOL.  Congrats on the monetary award.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

That picture is hysterical, D! I am glad you are appreciated at your job....you deserve it. Enjoy your looooong weekend :)
~Cathy

Anonymous said...

I love the lawn ornament...so cute!!  Congratulations on the award...well deserved I am sure.  Hope you have a safe trip to the airport and the kids have a wonderful time to Disney!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

That story and the pictures were fun!  What a great way to start a Thursday!  Thank you for sharing!

Oh... and congrats on the award!

~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

I wish I still had my pictures from 1000 islands....especially the one of the island with the cross....that was beautiful. Have fun D....although I don't envy your morning dropoff at the airport (UGH)...we left at 3:30am the time I had to go to Vegas...hated that.

Have a good one.....

Michele

Anonymous said...

I can hear Bug say beautiful! LOL
Enjoy your day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I hate how cute that is :-).  
Congrats on the award. Not only is even a small amount of money welcome, but the appreciation they show for you by awarding it feels great. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh, I could have used the picture yesterday!  LOL  
Good news on the 'On the Spot' award.  Great news actually!

I do hope you get away for the weekend.  It's nice to get out of Dodge now and again.  :)

Anonymous said...

I know what its like to get to the airport early.  We had to get there by 4.30am for our trip toi spain last week.................................Jm

Anonymous said...

Your On the Spot award sounds so cool.  Great incentive.  Your hours at work are nice even if you don't change them.  4:30 in the summer is a good time to get off of work.  Hard choice.  
Once again, Love the Tag.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

LMAO..this had me howling...thanks D..I needed that laugh..hump day indeed! haha!!

Love ya
xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Ahh now I know what all the laughter was about ,what fun and what a mischevious nephew ,the rascal ! it made you all laugh so  it was worth every penny you paid for it lol .So pleased Bug enjoyed the paper ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!  LOL  You naughty family, you!  :)

Congrats on the award money!  If nothing else, it'll help pay for these ridiculous gas prices.  ::sigh::  

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

i LOL at that pic...i love your sense of humor. Wow, i bet your son and his GF will have a fun time!! Good for them. I once worked 4 11 hr days at my job...i LOVED it.
LOVE YOU
PS- congrats on that award!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like the turtle and rabbit had some fun!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Turtles-turtles, rabbits-rabbits, rabbit-turtle~a pretty kinky menage'  
LMOA~Bethe

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA now that is hilarious!!!

Congrats on getting some $$$...

You will have a wonderful memorial
day weekend...a little mini-vacation!

Have a good weekend

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

That's a good graphic for hump day! ROFL! Well done for getting the On The Spot award, let's hope you get a few more! I hope you get the compressed work week, sounds good. I hope Steve and his girlfriend have a great time at Disney ....why do planes always leave so early?! I hope you got up to the camp too. Have a great weekend! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))I been having problems with my alerts.I am sorry I havent been around that much.THatas cute that ug wanted the wraping paper.I hope your Son and girlfriend has a nice time at Disney.I am going in Sept on a cruise.I cant wait.Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

ok nice sotry lol
oh and if anyone wants to chat yeah
email at wabi777@aim.com or wabi777@live.com

Anonymous said...

h