Thursday, May 22, 2008

~ The Mighty River ~

          DsDesignsOgdensburg-OttawaBridge-1.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Some of you might remember this picture from a while back.  My nephew's girlfriend took this picture while out on his boat up at the camp.  It's been decided and I will be heading out in the morning for a weekend there.  I'm hoping the weather is half way decent.  I don't need it hot, it's not like I'd go in the river anyway BRRRRRR  it would be mighty cold this time of year!!  I just want the sun to shine and some warm air.  Sitting outside will do my body, mind, and soul good.  Seeing a colorful sunset, boats on the water, hearing the mild lapping of the water on the shore.  Sound good?  Sure does to me.

 

Bags are just about packed.  Goodies definitely are.  The house has mixed smells of different treats and meals.  Batteries are being charged, and I will take the charger with me :)  The final touches will be done in the morning and we should be on the road about 10-10:30.  Should arrive around 2. 

 

I've gone through alerts and shut them off.  Even though folks aren't writing like they used to I'm still averaging quite a few a day and after 4 days..  OMG!!!  If there is something you think I should know about, please shoot me an email.  I am current on all tag requests, and will offer another this evening.  Keep in mind it most likely won't be sent out until next week. 

 

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and if you are traveling stay safe.  My son will arrive home tomorrow evening from his time in Florida.  We've talked several times and they've had a great time.  Can't wait to see the pictures they took and hear more detailed stories.

 

Lisa...  wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday... enjoy it.. and I do hope all your dreams and wishes come true.  You, my friend, deserve the best life has to offer.  Love ya!

 

Hugs

~d

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes...it does sound wonderful!!  hope you have a grand time.  :)
gina

Anonymous said...

That is a very pretty picture and the water motion is really nice.  Have a fun weekend.  Stay safe.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture Donna, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Take lots of great photo's and have a wonderful long weekend Donna.
Hugs & Luv, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holiday weekend. Helen

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, Honey.  Eat a goodie for me!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend and cant wait to see the pics.

Anonymous said...

D- i hope this weekend is one that refreshes and recharges your soul. you most certainly deserve it. be safe....you will be missed :)
~Cathy

Anonymous said...

I WON'T ASK WHAT YOU NEED BATTEREIS FOR..ROFL
HAVE FUN HUN YOU DESERVE IT!!
lYN

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Donna,, I hope you and your family have a fun time!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Great pic Donna!  Hope you and yours have a safe holiday weekend..usually the weather sucks here in Michigan but it's supposed to be nice for once!  Hope yours is warm and w/o rain.  
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!
xo Darlene :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna!  Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend.  Come back refreshed and feeling good and with tons and tons and tons of pictures!  LOL

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Ur Trip *Donna ~
With gas at 3.95 a gal here...I Think we are Gonna
probably stay close to Home, I am Going to BINGO tonite!!!
Girls Nite Out~ Good Girls!
LOL!
Maybe Catch a Movie on Memorial Day after I visit...Well U Know.
*Please,Be Safe.
I Just know U will be Posting some Truly Wonderful Pics From Ur Trip !
Huggs& Smiles
Deb

Anonymous said...

You go and have a wonderfully happy weekend!! I hope you are warm and get some amazing shots....i love that bridge pic.....yes, it seems even if some never update that if you wait more than 2 days it takes a long long time to catch up.
I love you, always!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time....take a ton of pictures okay???!!!! Love the photo on top with the water movement. It rocks.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture .....have a great time this weekend ....I do not even want to think about you forgetting your camera!!

Hugs  Mari

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time.
Missie

Anonymous said...


gorgeous pic--have a great weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation!!!

~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

I love that picture it is beautiful ~ have a good weekend and stay safe  ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Donna, that is a great picture. Glad you gave credit to the photographer. Your addition of the water in motion really make that shot outstanding.
Hope you packed the sun tan lotion. You may need that and I do not want to hear you complain about a burn.
Surprised you have a three and a half hour drive to the camp. What of the HOME lakes is it located on?
Have a great time and get some rest. You did not get to bed until midnight on Thursday. Take care, Bill

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna, The picture is very nice and I hope you have a wonderful time. You are right about people not writing as much, including myself. I think it has to do with the time of year and there is a lot more to do as the weather gets warmer. Again, Have a great holiday weekend. (((BIG HUGZ))) -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done to the picture ,Have a lovely break and take lots of pictures ,pleased your son had a good time ,I for one arent posting as often, but continue  to be behind with alerts ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic!!!

Have a wonderful time Donna

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Love what you did to the photo and the moving water...so pretty. Have a safe trip...hugs
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, sweetie. :)

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

     Have a happy Memorial Day.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

What a pretty place to be going!!  Hope you have a great time!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hello, Donna!

I have been gone for a couple of years but I am back and glad to see you are still being as creative as ever. I hope to reconnect and stay in touch.

Donna
aka: Dust Bunny Protector