Thursday, May 1, 2008

~ Thursday ~

DsDesignsIvyBuildingSide.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Thought this picture was kind of cool.  It's the side of the building at work.  The leaves from the vines are just coming out, yet you see some of the flowers blooming.  Hmmmm maybe it's just me :)

 

:::sigh::: May 1... hard to believe it.  It was a rough day.  Today would have been my sister and her husbands anniversary.  I cried a few times, and I will visit her tomorrow.  I wanted to leave today for him and the girls.  I can't believe six months has passed and it is still so raw.

 

The rest of the day was fine I guess.  Busy at work and tired when I got home.  Didn't do a whole of anything.  Hockey, hockey, and more hockey.  LOL  I am amazed at how two series can be officiated so differently when the rules are the same.  :::sigh:::  Clutching, grabbing, and interference running wild in one.   The other, if you breath on, or look at, the poster boy for the NHL it's a penalty.  No offense Kim, but that is true if you look objectively.  Today it wasn't like that... low and behold....  I was amazed and happy.  Calls were still missed, but I think it might have been called a bit better then it had been in the first three games.  Let's see what happens for the rest of the series, and what will happen in the next. 

 

JLand has some more sad news.  Guido, over at Northern Trip has experienced the loss of a family member.  He is a beacon in JLand and mentions he may not be back.   He has done his best to bring JLand together, to help ward off the trolls, organized many events.  If he leaves he will be missed, I for one hope he can return.  Please stop by and give your support to him at this time.  With all he has done for us it's the least we can do for him.  Thanks!

 

I hope everyone had a good day/week and I wish you all the best possible Friday.  YEAH!!!

 

Hugs

~d

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a great Friday too.....and a nice weekend.
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

I was saddened to hear about Guido and I understand it was his mother that passed.  This must have been a tough day for your sister's husband and children as well.  All remembered in prayer.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I like that picture.
Sad about your sister...I'm sorry. I know it's hard. Sad about Guido, too! He will be sorely missed around here.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww Donna, sorry you are missing your sister, Awwwww I will go over and visit Guido, Gentle Hugs to you, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

{{{D}}}  I'm so sorry that today was a sad day for you, and for your sister's husband & girls too, in remembering their anniversary. My prayers and support will be with you tomorrow as you visit her.....I hope your heart will be okay.

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Hi dear :) Glad all is well as can be. I really think that pic is neat. No not just you. I really love how that turned out ;) Ty for sharing as always. It must have been such a hard day for ur sisters hubby, children and u as well. Of course the pain is still raw even after 6 mos. Ur sister will always be missed. My heart and prayers go out to u all hun. Glad ur enjoying the hockey games and the series. Sounds like there getting good. Thats awful to hear that about the fellow jlander and his loss :( I will be praying for him and his family. Take care hun. Have a good Friday too. ttys xo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

I see a purple flower!  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Guido.  I hope he won't go, he obviously means a lot many here.  Love your pictures but I am more into basketball this year than hockey since my Lakers are doing better than my Ducks lol.  Hope you have a happy Friday.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a rough day, it's to be expected with the memory of your sisters' anniversary. I hope her husband got through it OK. I was so sorry to hear that Guido lost his mother. I'm hoping that one day he'll return to J-Land, I'm going to miss his presence here. I hope Friday goes well for you and you can enjoy the weekend! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been six months since the loss of your sister.!!!
Hope it will get easier as time goes on.
Sad news about Guido.  I too hope he will return one day.
Hope you manage to have a good weekend Donna.
Sending hugs your way.
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say loved the photo, it's so nice to see green things growing at last and flowers too.
See ya
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the heads up about Guido ... I'll be off to visit.  I keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers daily.  

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you had a hard day.  I love the picture though, the one purple flower looks cool. Linda

Anonymous said...

Love the picture, so simple. Hope today will be a little better for you. I hate when games are like that, but it is that way in all sports. I see it quite a bit in baseball too.

Michele

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Quite honestly, i do not know what to do without Guido. He has been there for me SO much behind the scenes with "certain" issues. I pray all goes ok for him at the funeral and he comes back soon.
Love that pic of your workplace. I love seeing how pretty it is where you live. Sounds like hockey is keeping you busy!
HUGE hugs to you on the anniversary for your sister and her hubby.
LOVE YOU, D.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I've never lost a sister....but in losing my Aunt Judy and Grandma....the feeling still being so raw last a long while....sometimes I wonder if it will ever go away... some days are better than others...but on holidays, birthdays, anniversaries....it seems like all those emotions come flooding in again.... My thoughts are with you friend....
((((((((((((((((((((Donna)))))))))))))))))))))))))

My heart just aches for Guido....I do hope he is able to come back....

Hope you have a good weekend

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((Donna))))))))) Your always in my thoughts and prayers. Sad about Guido. I do hope he returns. Love the pic.
Love ya,
Cindy xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

yes i can definately see purple flowers there.

Six months already......... gosh......... My thoughts and prayers are with you all

hugs Jayne