Thursday, October 11, 2007

~ Coming Out Party ~

DsDesignsGame3.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


The boys played some inspired hockey this evening.  I missed the beginning of the game but it was apparent they had a fire under their butt.  They played Atlanta and had 3 goals in the first period.  They didn't even allow Atlanta a shot on net until midway through the period.  The second period proved to be more offense and even more defense as they scored 2 more goals.  At the end of two periods the score was 5-0 in favor of the boys.  Three goals with the mad advantage, one being down a man, and one even strength.  With less then 30 seconds left in the game they scored another for good measure. 

 

Ryan Miller was stellar in net.  Focused and intense.  He wasn't extremely busy in the beginning of the game, but sometimes I think that is worse.  Out of the groove so to speak, but he did excellent.  He recorded his fifth shutout and the boys in front of him did everything in their power to make sure of it.  Final score 6-0 :)

 

There is a personal side to the intensity and I almost wonder if it might be an explanation for the first two games.  Ryan has a logo and saying 'Matt Man' painted on the back of his helmet.  It was done for his young cousin who was ill with leukemia.  Matt Schoals was always on Ryan's mind and his helmet was always a reminder of his strength and courage.  He had been in remission but a recent bone marrow procedure led to graft-versus-host disease.  The family was told at the end of last week things were not good and there was nothing more then could do.  When the Sabres arrived back in to town on Saturday night after their second loss Ryan got in his car and drove straight to Michigan.  Matt passed away on Monday.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.  I have no doubt tonight's performance was for Matt Man.

 

DsDesignsMattMan.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

The boys play again on Saturday and I will be at the game.  Seats 4 rows from the ice.  YEAH Baby!!  I spent a little more then I should have probably but I deserve it.  :)   Not sure if Ryan will be in net, but it doesn't matter.  He should be with his family.....  I have faith the boys will rally either way. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's late and I'm tired so I will do a little update in this entry... My sister is still in hospital.   I didn't stop today as she had so many visitors and I didn't want to crowd her.  She needs rest.  They are pumping in heavy duty antibiotics and she still has the pain medication.  The Dr told her to use more of the pain med's so she can get some deep breaths to help clear the lung.  She will be seeing her cancer Dr tomorrow and hopefully a good plan will be put in place to help her.  Hoping also some time table will be given as to when she can come home.   Thank you again for all the good thoughts and prayers.  We all appreciate it.   I've been sharing your messages and she is so thankful and wanted me to let you know she appreciates it.  

 

I'm off to bed... hope everyone had a great day.  I for one am so happy tomorrow is Friday!  I haven't been to many journals and I'm sorry.  It's not that I don't want to I just run out of time.  Know I will be by soon. 

 

Hugs

~d

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your sister is getting what she needs right now...that's something for which to be grateful.  

Please keep us updated regarding her plan of care.  
Sorry, I'm a nurse, I can't help myself.  ;)

Still thinking of you and your family,
Bridgett

P.S.  TGIF!  I'm with ya, babe!

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello.
I haven't commented in awhile, but most importantly I want to say that I pray that
your sis gets better soon!!!. I am so sorry to hear that she is not doing well, and I just want to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your sis. I will pray for her today and especially on Sunday while at Church. I will also pray for you so that you have the strength to deal with all that is coming your way.
Stay strong!!! If you ever need to vent feel free to IM me anytime!!!!

As for the hockey I will never ever understand it LOL, you are good for being able to know the game as well as you do. I am just now starting to understand baseball and that is because I was forced to watch it with Ben, otherwise there was no TV for me LOL....

Take your time coming by and just know that you are in the thoughts and hearts of many people.
Hugs,
Steph

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

((hugs))  ~Bethe~

Anonymous said...

How sad Matt passed away.I am so sorry.My condolances to his family.It's such a shame.Prayers will be said along with everyone elses.I am happy your team won Donna and I hope you have a blast in that fourth row Saturday.I can see you now LOL!! I hope and pray Sisiters Cancer doc will soon find some good program for her to make life that little more comfortable for her and all of you her family.You forget about the comments Donna, you have so much on your plate just now.Everyone should try and understand this.and I am sure they will.Lovely graphic you have up there.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Prayers on the way... I am so behind today...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww that is sad about Matt, keeping your sister in my thoughts, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

How cool ....4 rows for the ice ...awesome seats!!!  I can just picture you at a hockey game Donna.

Big hugs and prayers for you and your sister

Mari

Anonymous said...

Give my best love to your sister ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Just dropped by to say 'Hello!
It was my Mum's Funeral yesterday,and it felt like 'closure' on these awful few days.
I hope to get back to regular Reading and Commenting in JLand, and of course Posting.
Enjoy your Weekend
Aileen.....X

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))I hope hope you have a good sleep and I hope you Sister comes home soon.HAve a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your boys winning.
I am hoping that England will do the same over the weekend in the Rugby & Football  :o)

Sorry to hear about the passing of Matt, so very sad especially in someone so young. Hopefully one day soon they will find a cure for cancers.

Sending prayers up for you sister, will pop over and light a candle.

Take care and have a great weekend at the game and hope your boys win again

hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

So sad about young Matt.
Prayers and  hugs to his family.
Such a waste for him to be taken so young.
God chooses his special angels,he loans them to us
and when he needs more help he calls upon the very best.
God must have put a cure for cancer somewhere for us to find..
we just haven't come across it yet,
soon-oh-please soon!!!

Love to your sis....
~c~

Anonymous said...

You may have spent a little more for your tickets than you should have, but heck, pretty much all of us do!  Enjoy the treat.  You do deserve to treat yourself now and again.

Anonymous said...

Excited for you (tickets) and that your team won!  Sad story today!  I hate cancer!  Our family has a long history of it.  Am continuing to pray for your sister!  Hope she has a better day today :)  Carla

Anonymous said...

I relit my candle.  Said some prayers and had a serious talk with God about the whole cancer thing.  It makes me so sad.  I look at my pitiful little problems and feel like a heel for whining when we all have our health.
I'm so sorry your family is going through this.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Where are my manners!  I forgot to say good morning, D!!!  Carla

Anonymous said...

oh so much sadness right now.....heavy hearts!
I have your sister in prayer.....you too....so glad you get to go to a game....those tags you made here are GORGEOUS....you have such a wonderful talent for that....
love,lj

Anonymous said...

Hunny, *hugs* How are u? I know things have been so up and down for u. First of all yeahh for ur boys. Thats awesome and something i smile about ;) Thats great they did soo well im so happy for them and u :) Wow im very sorry about that one players i think it was his cousin thats so tragic and awful :( My prayers goes out to all of them as well. Yes i can defiently see as that why he played his heart out in that game for his cousin. Speaking of prayers I am on my way to light more candles for ur sis. Donna im so sorry shes back in the hospital agian. I pray soo hard the docs come to a solution, choice to do all
they can to help her. Im sure they will. Please know im praying soo much for her, i hope all her pain eases and goes quickly and she gets all the help and rest she needs. I wish i had better comforting words for u. But know that we all love u and are here for u. Please dont worry about getting to our blogs and tags. Family, ur sis thats more important right now. Ty for updating us though. Take care hun and ttys! Love, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates on your sister.  I've been following them very carefully.  

Anonymous said...

Keeping the prayers going for your sister....and the rest of your family as well.
Hugs, Sheri

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your sister isn't home yet. Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.
I hope she does use the pain meds. It'll make her feel better.
Pam

Anonymous said...

happy your boys won. i lit another candle tonight for your sister. I hope she is feeling better and can come home soon. today is friday yippeeeeeeeeeee. I get a 2 day break from driving back and forth to school. ((((((Hugs)))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

No need in being sorry for not getting to journals Donna, sometimes life gets in the way...we have to tend to real life as it is our top priority ~ family especially....I know in being there for your sister you wouldn't have it any other way....and we wouldn't either ~ cause you know we will always be here =)
Hugs...
Terri