Friday, October 5, 2007

~ A Shoot Out ~

DsDesignsgame1.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Lots of offense, lots of goals, but we came out on the short end of the stick.  It started fast and furious.  Spacek scored just under three minutes in.  Campbell and Goose pick up the assists. It wasn't 7 minutes later and the Islanders tied it up.  It went back and forth the entire period.  The period ended tied 3-3.  I was stunned and disappointed.  I've been saying for years we need a big stud defensive to clear the front of the net, and I still say that.  The boys left Ryan hanging out to dry.  We turned over the puck more times then I care to admit.  The second period had more goals even though I thought the teams would tighten up.  GRRRRRRRR Down 5-4.  Too many penalties, to many mistakes.  Our penalty kill was horrid, and our power play not much better.  About half way into the third period the Isles scored again taking a 2 goal lead.  Then they shut it down.  Five shots on goal in that last period was not going to cut it.  The Isles kept their zone clear. 

 

Starting the season with a loss is not what I expected or wanted.  Last year we started with 10 wins in a row.  Maybe this is better.  Get the loss out of the way.  The boys all took the blame and hopefully have learned from the mistakes tonight.  No time to think about it, the same two teams square off again tomorrow in NY.  

 

I had three folks in the poll that said they would lose, but not one of them left a comment so I have no idea.  Congrats to you :)~  LOL  So lets play again... humor me.... 

 
                          

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww sorry they did not win, maybe next time.Like you say get the loss out of the way 1st.
love and hugs.
Katie

Anonymous said...

Awww sorry they did not win, maybe next time.Like you say get the loss out of the way 1st.
love and hugs.
Katie

Anonymous said...

oh I am sorry they did not win ....but they had their number one fan cheering!

It is early in the season ...so maybe this loss with shake the boys up.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

I'm some kind of curse to every team I root for.  No kidding.  Let me know who your team is playing ahead of time and I will root for them.  I could start charging a fee.

xxx
Russ

Anonymous said...

You sound just as my mom does on game night! I am so impressed with such Hockey talk coming out of the mouths of ones that know what they know! You go girls - Do I think they can - Of course they can! ALWAYS THINK POSITIVE!!!!  I have a special request - I will e-mail you! Thank you for you and for making this spot a comfort zone.
Take care of you, yours and the boys,
Katie

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying tuning in to your language use when you describe the action in the games you see or hear.  
Sorry you were disappointed and let down.  I'm rooting for them, they needed this 'knock down' and they will come back as 'killers' next time!

Way to goooo!
Jeanie  (Oops!  didn't mean to yell...lol!)

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGATOYOJU)))))))))))))))))Have a nice Sat.

Anonymous said...

Donna
Sorry your boys lost, but I am hopping they turn it around for game two.  Like you said, maybe it's good to get the loss out of the way early.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your boys lost ..........am hoping we do better in the Rugby here today .

Have a great weekend
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Just last night, my hubby was talking about your team...and he is really getting back into watch hockey now, he said.  I promised him I would sit and watch some games to learn more about the sport.  So sorry your team lost...they will make a comeback for sure...count on it.  Hope you are having a great weekend...enjoy...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Sure why not. They can do it. The Guins' oh I like their new name thanks ~D LOST their opener. It's early in the season LOL their bound to lose some. Your boys make mistakes now they will only get better, RIGHT?

Anonymous said...

your boys will get em next time. have a great weekend. ((((((Hugs))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry your team lost...i am behind them all the way because i know how much they mean to you!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

As you know the only thing I know about hockey is you love it lol, I voted yes after reading your previous match reports lol.
Love
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

I voted yes....just hoping they do since you are such a fan! (ha)  I don't know anything about hockey, but hope they have a great season.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~