Tuesday, October 16, 2007

~ What the Hecht, you must be Jochen ~

DsDesignsJochen.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Yeah baby, look at that face.  Isn't he handsome?  I could look at him all day long!!  Sure he has a few marks on his face, but who cares.  LOL  Jochen has been with the Sabres since 2002.  I adored him immediately.  I tease and have been known to call him Joanne, but it's been in jest and more a term of endearment and no way meant in an insulting manner.  I have nicknames for all the boys :)  He will never be a huge goal scorer but he holds his own and contributes on offense.  I think he is greatly underrated and is one helluva a two way player.  Meaning he plays well defensively too.  You will often find him on the ice defending the opposing teams top line and killing penalties.   When the Sabres changed their jersey logo I wanted to buy a new one with his name & number.  I hesitated because I knew his contract was up at the end of this season and I didn't want to spend the money only to have him be gone.  Unrestricted free agency is a funny thing and allows players to move to where they want.  The Sabres lost two big names over the summer because of this reason.  One was grossly overpaid by Philadelphia and the other wanted to be in New York City, closer to home.   My fears were put to rest today when it was announced he signed a 4 year extension with the Sabres.  This is not a guarantee he will be here 4 years, but it would only be a trade and I don't foresee that happening.   :::giggle:::  Guess what I'm buying? 

 

It's rarely I miss the boys play, but I did miss the majority of last nights game.  I was at the hospital with my sister (continued prayers are appreciated).  We had the game on and when I left the hospital the score was 1-0 in favor of the Leafs.  As I was headed home I did have it on the radio and the Leafs scored again.  Score 2-0, but I had other things on my mind.  I stopped at my other sisters and went in to talk to her.  It's been crazy here and I hadn't really talked to her face to face.  While there my nephew walked in and was stunned I didn't have the game on.  I told him last I knew it was 2-0.  He was on the phone and smiled letting me know the boys tied it up.  He headed into the family room and turned on the TV, the score was 3-2 Leafs.  WTH!?!  It was only a second.  It stayed that way a bit and I finished up and left.  When I pulled into my driveway the score hadn't changed.  I came in the house, flipped on the TV and headed to the bathroom.  When I came out the score was 4-3 Leafs.  Cripes!!  In minutes I missed 2 goals.  About 2 minutes later Jochen scored to tie the game up.  What an exciting few minutes I did get to watch.  The final 4 minutes were rushes and shots, both teams trying to score next to break the tie and take the win.  The final buzzer goes and we're going to overtime!  During the short break I'm hearing how many times the boys hit the post and the puck came flying out.  Beating the goalie but not getting the puck into the net.  Overtime was thrilling.  After coming back from down 2-0 the boys wanted the win!  The fought hard and with 4 seconds left in the game Ales Kotalik banged one off the post.  Brian McCabe tried to help his goalie, but no luck, the puck went into the net and the Sabres win 5-4.  Our back up goalie was in net and really did well despite the 4 goals.  Ryan Miller had spent Sunday in Michigan with his family celebrating the life of his young cousin who passed away.  He was back in town and on the bench ready to play if needed, but the coaches thought it best to give him a break.  Hard fought game and 2 points earned.  Yeah baby!!! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Things have been crazy here and I've emotionally spent.  Working all day, going to the hospital, coming home late and grabbing a bite to eat.  I know I've been scarce visiting and I'm sorry.   I will catch up.  I do hope everyone has been good.   Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts for my sister.

Hugs

~d


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you had some good news to share about your sis... when you are ready... we are here.  {{{ Donna }}}  Glad you boys won... that is great!  

I am always sending prayers!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I hope your sister is feeling a bit better. my prayers and thoughts are with you.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Still sending good vibes to your sis.  Yeah...your hockey hunk is easy on the eyes, but he's no Peyton Manning!  ;)

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Prayers are being said for your sister ....I hope she is out of the hospital and feeling better soon.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

You started out quite fruity there lol. Glad your team is doing well and hope their luck can rub off on your sis.
love
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Iam still praying for your sister ,with love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, the game was great!  Happy you are articulate enough to share it in words and writing for me.  LOL

Praying for your sis, D.  

Anonymous said...

Saying prayers for your sister.
Traci

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYIU)))))))))))))))Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

YOu have a lot on your plate,  Hugs & prayers being sent your way, Donna~
Marie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your boys won after a shaky start. Go get that jersey and wear it with pride! You have a lot going on in your life at the moment, don't worry about visiting, we understand that you have more important things to attend to. Sending prayers and good vibes for your sister and your family. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say HI...............

Anonymous said...

YES, very handsome!!!  I need to watch more of these games...love your reviews!
Hugs and love,
Joyce
PS...always have a prayer for your sister...hope she is having a nice week.

Anonymous said...

Hey hun ;) Wow ur right he is a hottie. I like the nickname u have for him, hee. I think its cool how u adore them soo much and u have this love and passion for this team and game. I think its awesome. Thats cool he signed another deal so now u can get his jersey for sure, yeahh. Wow im so glad too after such a close game well rather the other team was up in pts. Ur boys picked right back up and beat them yeahh. Thats cool. I bet that really made ur night. Agian as always continued prayers for ur sis. Thats good u have been spending lots of time with her in the hospital all though im sure thats difficult too. I really pray so hard she will be ok. Update us more when u can. Take care hun, have a good day ttys!
xoxo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your sister, Donna :)  Hugs to you!  Carla

Anonymous said...

NEVER apologize to J land or anyone on the internet for having a life and other concerns. We will be here waiting and praying always.  That hockey player is a cutie.
I have your sister in prayer...i hate it that she feels so terrible! Love you so, lisa

Anonymous said...

D............ Your sister and family are more important than anyone in J Land...... so they must always come first.
Glad to hear that your boys done it again....... Hope England can do it at the weekend   ........ crosses fingers, toes, eyes and whatever else can be crossed ....lol

Off to light a candle....hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Still sending good vibes to your Sis.
Hugs, Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

Keeping your sister in my thoughts and prayers

Hugs
Terri