Sunday, October 7, 2007

~ In My Backyard ~

DsDesignsBreathlessinmyownBackyard1.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


:::waving::: Hi folks!!  No, there is no volcano this time :::giggle:::I hope you all had a day as magnificent as mine.   Why was mine so great?  No reason.  LOL  I really didn't do anything.  A little shopping, some more laundry, lounged around the house, cooked and cooked.  Played here of course!   Nothing major. 

 

While I was doing laundry I couldn't help but notice the trees out back, as well as the vibrant green grass.  I came back upstairs and grabbed my camera and shoes.  I went down and out the sliding doors to the patio.  I decided to take a few different angles.  None are actually 'in' my back yard, but rather the woods that are behind the houses on my street.  In the one shot you can see my neighbors garden (or what is left of it) I was going to edit out the fences but decided against it.  The chair is one of two that sit out on the patio.  I decided to grab a shot and tube out the background to use as an accent here.  You all know I've been going to town with digital scrap kits and I am really pleased with how this came out.  I am actually going to redo it slightly.  Taking off the existing text and I will add Welcome.  I'm going to print and frame it to hang in my hallway near the door to my house.  Opinions?

 

The Bills didn't play today.  Instead they have the privilege of being totally embarrassed on national TV playing the Cowboys on Monday Night Football.  Oh the joy!  Of course I will watch, but my gut feeling is they will get their asses kicked and look like a JV team playing with the Pro's.  I am a jock at heart, as though you might have missed that, so football has been on all day.  I haven't been glued to it, but it's been my background noise all day.  Ahhhh Sunday's!   While I'm talking football, can someone tell me why Da Bears decided to come to play today?   Sorry Chicago fans, but I would love to see Brett win this game.  I'd love to see the Packers go 16-0.  LOL  Aaaahhhhh Brett  :::googly eyed:::

 

My sister worked all afternoon so I did dinner.  I did beef stroken off...  I mean Beef Stroganoff.  As it simmered the house smelled wonderful.  Just like fall but with temps in the low 80's.  I have to admit it tasted absolutely wonderful. 

 

Ok, just something I noticed as I type this entry.  I generally open mail and type away as though I am typing an email.  This way I can save it as 'send later' in case something comes up.  It also helps if I get booted.  Once I'm done typing I just copy and paste into my entry.  So here I sit and I am being totally distracted by wiggling asses.  Yes, you heard that right. In AOL's infinite wisdom they have ads on the bottom of each mail you type.  Imagine that!?!?!  LOL  Anyway the ad I've been seeing is for cellulite.  HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO who the hell does AOL think is going to click on it?  Can't even tell you the product as it now has changed to Under Armour.  Good Gaaawd.  How freakin distracting!!! 

 

Back to the regularly scheduled entry.  I also made some chicken to have during the week.  Just like old times.   Football Sunday was always my day to cook.  I'd plan out the week and do a good chunk of the cooking while the games were on TV.  With working every day it just made it easier.  Warm it up and have dinner done before 8pm.  Me thinks I am so smart ::evil grin::

 

So, if you've made it this far, thank you.  My boring life.............    Off to play a bit more before calling it a night.  I am looking for the video the Sabres played on opening night.  You Tube here I come.  LOL

 

Hugs

~d

hmmm me thinks this picture is going to throw my journal out of wack.  :::sigh:::


 

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful Donna and i love how you make these

Anonymous said...

This will make a beautiful picture Donna ....I just love the fall season!

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

LOL... your life is far from boring... thanks for sharing!  I think the pic will be perfect for your front hall.  I, too, am rooting for Brett!!  <<< sigh >>>

mmm chicken sounds yummy!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I love the colors, but it hasn't even turned that much for this time of year.  Crazy old year we are having.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Waaa hooo..another 1st!  LOL

Beautiful scrapbook page...difinately frame.  It's those pics that make me so envious.  

I don't have too many pictures of upstate foliage.  I only took snapshots until I took photography in college.


Don't yoyu love those cool nights, and the smell of warm fall days.  The leaves make the air smell so sweet!

~Bethe~

Anonymous said...

A sunday's not a sunday without some kinda sound of sports in the background with the smell of comfort in the air. (pssst - I loved this work of art so, that I now have it displayed as my wallpaper - hoping you don't mind) Heading to good ol Detorit in the morning (I can tell that that just does it for you - lol.)  I'll see what I can find so that your search can rest!  Thank you so much d, for even considering.  Have a happier tomorrow than you did for your Today.  Take care - My prayers, positive thoughts and a lit candle for your sister is an always!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic.  Fall pics are fun to do stuff with.  Lit a candle for your sis.  Didn't do football today....my team was having a bye week.  Off licking their wounds since they are 1-3.  If you haven't figured it out....it's the Philadelphia Eagles.  I cleaned most of the day.  Went to Famous Dave's for dinner.  Was treated to dinner.  Which was nice!
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful where you live!  I want to live there!  LOL Any extra rooms?  

Allison

Anonymous said...

I love the photos and graphic!  I think it would look beautiful hanging on your door!  There is nothing boring about your life, and nothing boring about reading of it.  It's a gift to us, that you share your days and your thoughts.  THANK YOU!

Hugs,

michelle

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Bills will totally surprise us...it's been a weird season.  Packers lost :(

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

I think your tag/scrap kit is great the way it is.  I'm jealous...changing leaves.  Where are you located??  We have 80's here in northern Florida but it has rained so much I am looking into buying an ark...hehe.  My poor ducks are waterlogged.  I have a pond behind my house...with a nature preserve on the other side.  It is stunning...but no vibrant colors really...too many pine trees here.

Glad you had a good day...mine was fair.  The Jaguars did win...that is a plus.  As I was reading your entry for today I was thinking what a great day...not boring at all.  I don't have days like that anymore...:::sigh:::.  Well, I am off to light another candle for your sister...I thinks it might have burned out again.  Have a nice week.

Hugs,
Veronica

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scenery!
- Jessica Lynn

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Scenery out there. :) The leaves here in Oregon haven't changed to those beautiful shades of Burgandy and Gold quite yet, but we have a few trees on my street that are starting to change.

All the best,

Anonymous said...

Donna
The graphic is very nice.  Smart move cooking for the week in advance.  Glad you had a nice day.
Sam

Anonymous said...

That scenery in your backyard is truly AWESOME ~ thanks for sharing w/us!

I'm from the Green Bay Area and everyone here will be BUMMED about the Packers losing to those Chicago Bears yesterday ~~ feelin' bad!!!

Oh well, there's next week!  WE LOVE OUR GREEN BAY PACKERS no matter what!

Have a great week everyone!

Hugs ~ Lois B

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That's a neat idea about hanging that in your house with welcome on it.
Have a good day
connie

Anonymous said...

I love that picure you have put together. I think it would be beautiful with a Welcome on it and hung up for others to enjoy who enter into your home. Helen

Anonymous said...

Nice Nice really nice graphic. I LOVE FALL and the trees etc.
you had me sitting on that chair eating some of your strog. Mmmmmm.
Did ya know the Steelers won. got a nickname for them? I'm very happy you had a wonderful Sunday. We all need good days. I pray you week is the same.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and the way you've put it together.  I would hang it.  I just can't get into the fall feeling with it being so darn hot!!!  I thought of you when I heard the Bills were on tonite.
I hope they win, my husband is a Dallas fan so I like it when they lose.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

The photo layout you did looks great---I love it....I think you should print it out...it really is beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing it all--
BTW--broke my heart that the packers lost...geez what a time for the bears to get lucky...
have a nice week!!!
Ellie

Anonymous said...

The picture is so lovely and will be lovely framed and hanging in your hall lol at the wagging bums at the bottom of your screen how distracting lol ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I am so jealous of you,you take good pictures.They are beatiful.You do alot of scrap booking?Have a ncie day.

Anonymous said...

Okay Donna!

I'm coming to live there instead of here! (ha)  Sounds like you had a great day.  Your picture/tag is just awesome!  Hope you sister is feeling better.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

that scrapset is gorgeous....you DO have a way with cameras..i love that one....it is so hot in Ohio....i am glad you had a good Sunday and i hope your Monday is a happy one too.
Love you
lj

Anonymous said...

i love your pix and think it would make a beautiful grouping for your wall.  :)  i've started scrapbooking and have looked at many of your entries for ideas.  :)
gina

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, the collage will look great on your hall wall. You made it beautifully, as ever! I hate those ads on the bottom of emails too, do they really think we'll click on them when we're writing?! Have a good week! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful yard...all the trees look so pretty.  That meal made me drool, it is one of my favorites.
Keeping your sister in prayers aways...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

That picture is gorgoeus.  Your life is by far NOT boring.  It is comfy and you are full of love and joy.  Content!!!  I love it here  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/   Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, you bet I have an opinion...that is one of the BEST  tags I've seen you make. Beautiful...............alice

Anonymous said...

you have a beautful back yard
Donn aIn TEXAS

Anonymous said...

    Your photos are as beautiful as usual. There's only one other thing to say. BEARS WIN. BEARS WIN!
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

love love love your photos....
I have a dumb question....are digital scrap kits...
a part of PSP? I would love to learn enough just to make collages etc...of my digital pics...and don't even know where to begin...lol  Lighting a candle for your sister
Hugs,
Terri