Saturday, March 29, 2008

~ AOL Community Photo Challenge•AGED-JUDGED ~

aged1.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


This week's challenge is AGED.  So find something that shows age or take an image & make it vintage or aged. 

Post your challenge entry on your blog, come back here & leave your link in the comment area on either the FUN or JUDGED category.

 

Click on the banner to join the challenge.

 

 

       DsDesignsAgedBarn.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

 

So I didn't wait for the lens, shoot me.  I was out and about today.  Of course I had my camera.  I've been getting into the habit of bringing it with me where ever I go.  As I drove along, what really wasn't a country road, I saw this barn.  I cropped it to get rid of the telephone poles to the left.  I gave it an old paper type look, or tried.  LOL  Burnt edges, sepia tone and crumpled. I softened it up to try and give it a faded look. I am not sure if got the aged effect I was going for, but personally I was happy with it. 

 

There is also an ice cream stand near my house.  It's set up like an old gas station.  I pulled and grabbed a shot of the pumps.  I didn't like the umbrella and electrical wires in the shot, shooting in the other direction gave me a parking lot full of cars and a shit load of buildings.  ::sigh:: figured I would add it anyway since I had it.     

 

  DsDesignsAgedGas.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 


31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures Donna :) Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

very nice

Anonymous said...

wow...that top shot is absolutely fantastic.  i love the effects you applied and the lighting.  wonderful job.
gina

Anonymous said...

Love those shots. Barns and country are my favorite things.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

I like it... I like the texture you added.. I can almost feel the paper.. awesome!

Veronica

journals.aol.com/vbonalesmd/MyPaperCuts

Anonymous said...

I love both of your shots!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Both are great ...I LOVE the top one!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I remember those old pumps : (  
Great Barn shot and nice cropping ~Bethe

Anonymous said...

Well, of course you did an outstanding job.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I love those old fashioned pumps!  

Great photos, D.  

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I love both of these---what classics!!!! Just awesome! I am so much enjoying looking at these! Great work!!!!

Anonymous said...

Both of these are great! I wish I could see stuff like this when I go out for a ride.
Pam

Anonymous said...

My dad's farm looks a lot like that first pic -- with three fewer silos.

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

Nice job Donna.  You can't help powerlines.  It's just part of everything.  I loved both the photo's but you know I'm a fan.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh.........very very cool stuff, Ms Donna!  I am so impressed with your outing!   AND that you carry your camera with you now, excellent!  

I just loved what you did to the top photo, the ragged edged & paper texture gives it a wonderful look.  PERFECT!
Love the gas pumps too !!!
Marie

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with these shots, Donna!  I like that you entered both challenges ~ more for us to see and enjoy!!  ;o)

Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

I love the barn and the old gas pumps!
Great choices...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great picture Donna .....I know you will win with the contest!!!

Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Great Job!  I love old barn shots and you made it really cool.   I also like the gas pumps a lot.  I'm glad they kept them there.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

2 more fine examples of your artistry. Love them, and you.

lj

Anonymous said...

Thsese are very good. Helen

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures. Linda

Anonymous said...

Those are great shots....Bobbi & I took some pictures yesterday, I will try & post them on my journal today for viewing.

Have a great day

Michele

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

how neat!
those are really cool pictures
emily

Anonymous said...

Hi dear, *hugs* Hope ur having a good weekend. I really love the aged pics. U did a great job with them. Beautiful pics and scenery as always hun. I still cant get over you all getting so much snow, lol. Us here over 80 degrees today. It was sunny and gorgeous. I will try hard to push that weather ur way dear. I was at my aunts today for a fam cookout. We had a great time celebrating my baby cousins 3rd bday. I got some beautiful shots. They live out on the water. I will have to post them sometime tonight. So check them out when u can. I think its really neat the places u picked for this type of pic and category. I really love what u did with it great job. Anyhow off to ur next entry. Take care hun. Have a good night :)
xoxo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Donna, love the results of all the work you did on the first one and that second one has real potential...I'd clone out the wires and the umbrella...Great job!
Vicki

Anonymous said...

I love these....aren't the old gas pumps the greatest? I think they are so cool when I see them, and I loved your shot of these.

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I love the gas pumps one................ beautiful

Anonymous said...

The gas pumps is my favorite photo - it really shows it's age!

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/monicasmemoirs/midnight-conversations/
http://journals.aol.com/photographybymon/Mamarazzi/