Sunday, March 30, 2008

~ Couple More ~

DsDesignsSideyard.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Just a few more shots from the last couple days.  The one of the trees is along my side yard.  I took it the day I woke up to a winter wonderland.  The tracks are from my ride yesterday.  I really wanted a different shot but I could not stop at that location because of road work.  Ahhhhh  Spring!  LOL  If the road work is done before the leaves sprout I will go back.  The view will not be the same, to much will be hidden.

 

DsDesignsRailroadTracks.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

Today the temps are in the low 40's.  The snow in the tree branches is completely gone.  A good portion of my grass is exposed.  The mounds of snow along the road are still there in spots, and areas hidden in the shade are still covered.   The week is suppose to warm up and we will have rain.  With any luck at all it was wash away the remaining winter and let spring begin. 

 

I had a few emails and comments regarding the camera I use.  I bought it on sale, most likely because bigger and better came out and it would be discontinued.  It's an Olympus SP-500UZ.  There are newer versions out and those run about $350.  Much cheaper then the SLR camera's so many use.  Don't even ask me, I can't explain them.   I just know that when I went looking they ranged from $800.00 to over $3,000.00.  Ummmm... NOT!!  I suppose if I was taking pictures for a living or to add income regularly I might invest, but for a hobby and family shots it's not going to happen.  Not now anyway.

 

Other then the birthday party later I really have no plans for today.  Hockey is on the background... but it doesn't much matter.  It's not my boys they play later.  Mathematically they are not out yet, but with a loss they will be.  They need to win out and get some help.  :::sigh:::   I will continue to watch the post season... it's an exciting time of year for hockey fans.  I just haven't decided who I will cheer for or who I think will win.  I'm thinking the winner will most likely come from the West.........  

 

Hope everyone has a good day. 

 

Hugs

~d

 

PS  Not completely thrilled with the snag below but it's for all those trolls out there that don't let well enough alone.  The constant hate they spew is tiresome. 

 

                        DsDesignsIwantyoutoleavemealone.gif picture by 55hockeyfan

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your birthday party Donna.  The photo's are great.  Who else would think to take a picture of railroad tracks.  It's a great idea, I just never would have thought of it.  Good tag too.  I snagged it in case I ever need it...grin.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day, and I love your snag.  Very well said!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

Have fun at the party today...

Thanks for the snag...

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Trolls!  Ugh. Haven't had any yet, thankfully!  Have a great time at the B-day.  I do so love your pictures.

~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Again grat pics Donna I particulary like that the of tha railroad tracks.
I've not experienced any Trolls yet so I feel for you, why are people so nasty.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Donna, beautiful pictures as always, I love that snag, fits my PMS mood today, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love your pics.  Our Leafs are out too.  i am looking forward to baseball starting tomorrow.  I was in buffalo yesterday, the weather was quite nice.

Anonymous said...

Hope spring comes to you soon, Donna. I'm sorry to hear the trolls are still out there, but think of it this way: you're so bloody good that they're just envious lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the camera info.  :)

WVU men's basketball just lost too.  It's always depressing when your teams aren't doing so well.  

Talk soon,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

... yeah the Sabers aren't going to cut it ... but they did well, I think ... small market team, it is hard to compete nowadays ...

... I hope Washington makes it ... I would make sure to watch that series just to see Ovechikin play ..!  He is such a stud ..!  Big, strong, and graceful, he is his own enforcer ..!

... I know I am running on, but if Lindros could have hung in ... I loved that 'legion of doom' line with him, Le Clair, and Reneberg ...

Anonymous said...

Great pics, as usual.  And I kinda like that snag!!  lol

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, spring will be there before we know it, LOL.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Great picture Donna .....I always enjoy looking at the pictures you take.

Have a great week!!  Go Donna boys

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Beatiul pic,you take realy good pics.I cant belive you guys are still getting snow.Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Dang haters... love the pics so much!  Just  gorgeous!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Your photos are just so good Donna! I didn't know you were still getting the trolls visiting, such sad people! I've never had them visit me but then my journal's private. Have fun at the birthday party, happy birthday to Gage, he's growing up fast! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

LLLLLLove the way you framed your beautiful shots!!!
Ü
Marie

Anonymous said...

love your photos...especially the railroad.  i really like the framing, too.  great job!
gina

Anonymous said...

Again another great shots there. U just have an amazing eye. Yes ur camera is awesome too. I was wondering what kind of cam u use. I heard the kind that u have are really good. I wish i could get a more expensive cam. if it were up to me i would get a one with a bigger lens, more m.p. and all that. But i am happy with my Kodak easyshare. To me, It takes pretty darn good pics. I really cant get over how snow is so beautiful i havent seen it in so long, lol. I really do hope spring heads u alls way and soon. Hope u had a good rest of the day
and a great time at the bday party. Sorry about the troll prob agian. I can only guess how it is, *rolls eyes*. ttys hun
xoxo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

love the pics above, man it's rough trying to get caught up. every entry i read 2 or 3 more pop up, lol. Hope your having a nice weekend. ((((((Hugs))))))
Love ya,
Cindy xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey d
I snagged your troll tag. LOL

Your snow pictures are just Beautiful!!!
We have had snow here the past two days too. Lots of it but it warms up and melts thank goodness!
You have a great eye!! I take lots of pictures but I think I need a better camera.

Hope your son has a Happy Birthday!
Hugs,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great, still having troll trouble huh?  Sheesh...  bastards won't leave you alone.  Linda

Anonymous said...

D, you know how i say that there are many decent, caring females in J land that only wish the best for others? Girl, you are the # 1. That tag says it all. You are pure Gold.

i love railroads.....i want to ride one of those trains where you get fed (yeah i am fat and LOVE to eat) and can sleep....they have rides like that sometimes between Cincy and Columbus for like $100 or more. I love your railroad pic and the first one too. It is always cool to document the weather and you have such a way with your camera.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures Donna.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I always like your pictures!  Such a winter wonderland in spring! Root for the Ducks!!  Have a happy week.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

had to snag the leave me alone-that was great!

Love love love these pictures--sooo pretty-ty for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Loved the tag for the trolls!!!!!
GOOD FOR YOU!!!
love ya,carlene

Anonymous said...

Loved the tag for the trolls!!!!!
GOOD FOR YOU!!!
love ya,carlene

Anonymous said...

sorry about your boys....love the pics and the last graphic!!!!

Have a happy Monday.

Michele

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Loved the tracks picture....too cool! Sorry about your boys, I know when they don't do well it makes you sad and I never want that :)

I LOVE, No...ADORE the troll tag!!!!!

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I love this railroad shot.  I don't think I have seen a better one. It is diffferent, very unusual and dramatic.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL.

Love the snow pics they are gorgeous, you really are very talented.

Adore the Troll tag....... it is very poignant

hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Donna
Sorry your boys are out of it for this year's play off bid.  The winter shots look, well, wintery, LOL!  Brrr...  (nice pictures, though!).  I sure do understand what you are saying about not affording a digital SLR camera.  I can't afford one either.  Mine is one of those that does ALMOST everything an SLR does, but it is not an SLR.  Like you, I can't justify the expense since I am not using the camera for income.  Take care!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Sorry Im so late Im all behind ,Ithought they were train tracks ,you had to take a picture it is amazing ,I hope by now all the snow has gone ..sorry your boys are out now ..love Jan xx