Sunday, June 8, 2008

~ A Blast from the Past ~

DsDesignsPaulPope.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


 

I saw Paul Pope for the first time 30 years ago, give or take.  I was immediately drawn into his music, even though it was his own and I'd never heard any of it before.  His energy, sense of humor, good looks, and nice ass didn't hurt either.  Back in the day he did do some makeup, white face and black stars around his eyes.  That's probably one of the trademarks that didn't stick around.  Oh, that and the long hair.  His two different high top converse sneakers can still be seen when he performs, his goofy jokes, the innuendos, and of course the Big Mac.  Ok, it's been along time since I've witnessed the Big Mac, but he did do it last night.  I grabbed video and have it posted here for all to see.  LMAO!!  Some just might not get it, and to be honest I can't explain it so don't ask.  It's part of my past.... and well present now I guess. 

 

The party yesterday was a blast!  The faces of people I haven't seen in years.  The stories and laughs.  It was a much simpler time back in those days, for the most part not a care in the world, other then having a good time.  Then responsibilities snuck in.  Who said they could?  Last night for a few hours it was about 'the good time.'  At the end of the night we talked about a road trip to Ohio to hear him again over the summer.  With any luck Billy (formally known as Willie), will be playing out too.  He has his own band as well.  I don't know how much either of them play out anymore, those responsibilities, ya know? 

 

DsDesignsBillySullivan.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

This first video is a bit long, so much so that I had to cut off the beginning and end so I could upload.  No place wanted to give me more then 10 minutes and this was a bit over a 11.  GRRRRRRRR  I really wanted to cut out the part where someone walked in front of me and the proceeded to knock into me and I got a lovely shot of the roof.  LOL  That wasn't happening.  Talk about pulling my hair out, but I was finally able to get it.   I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it, I hope you'll at least give it a try. 

 

 

 

                  

 

Untitled by Paul Pope

 

One day he went walking to see what he could find

He went out all alone and left his things behind

He saw his love in the center of his mind

And then he looked and saw a friend of mine

 

Chorus

Did you know I love?

Did you know I love?

Did you know I love?

Did you know I love?

Did you know I love?

Did you know I love?

 

The dream

A little feebly fly

Do you wonder why?

Why each day differs when people pass you by

Is the light to strong?

Is there something wrong that changes? Yeah

But it's too long

It's a change of things.  It's a change of things

It's a change of things.  It's a change of things

 

Little speckled kitty have you fried your brain?

Have you gone insane?

It's a reaction chain

Has time collapsed on me?

Won't you try to see the changes, yeah for you and me

 

And then he looked, his friends they passed him by

His friends below him just reached up towards the sky

And now his world came swiftly to an end

The he whispered 'good bye' to all his friends

 

Chorus

 

Then he looked a tear ran down his face

His friends below him just seemed to trace

How love has wondered and won the race

And now he's gone to the greatest place

 

Chorus

 

Midnight Moses is another one of his songs, I love how the crowd gets into it.  They always have and always will.  ::evil grin::  Just forgive the couple that decided they didn't give a shit that I was taping the song and pushed their way right in front of me.  GRRRRRR

 

                  

 

Now, last but not least is the Big Mac.  Like I said I can't explain it.  One thing that is different I don't remember him having to soak the 'mac' with beer before hand.  Must be an age thing.  LOL

 

                

 

Been a pretty slow day here...  recovery takes a bit longer then back in the day.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend.... or is it had?

 

Hugs

~d

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Donna, Big Macs will never be the same now..hehe...  I am VERY impressed with his music and his ability to entertain the crowd!  Made me feel like I could have been a regular right there with you back in the day!!
And yes my dear, we ALL feel the effects of over imbibing as we get older..lol

Wonder if he's related to Cooley Pope, from my area in Oakland County Michigan??

Peace & Luv you ole hippie!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

That was interesting. I can say I've never seen that done before until now. LOL.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

That was fun to see! Hope your having a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

OMG...how in the h*** did he get that Mac in his mouth?  Sounds like you had a great time D.  You have so much fun, whatever you seem to be doing.  Good for you.            Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I watched all the videos.....i like his sound! He has that Zeppelin vibe a bit...a little bluesy in there too....the type of dude who rocks out for hours....i wish  i had been with you. So glad to see the pics and videos. I hope you don't have too bad of a hangover and take it easy today!
LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

 Loved the video's.  Sounds like you had a great time,

            Julie

Anonymous said...

Great night A? So nice to be able to recapture asome youthful memories ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time ...I have not heard of this band before

Have a great week

Anonymous said...

What fun!  I'd be a Groupie, too.  Looks like a whole heap of fun!  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast...they are good...glad you had a great time....love the pics!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think you could take that first pic on the top right and make a tag for Paul with it.  LOL

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Loved the videos and songs, Donna - looks like you had a great time, and the music was good, too!
Always, Rose~*

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...... think i am in lovvvveeeeeeee......... LOL
Billy Sullivan is CUTE !!!!!!

Looks like you had a wonderful time....hmmmmm not sure about the Big Mac...... i would have gagged ....lol

hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a GREAT time....those are the best.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Wow, I bet this was awesome!!! He's good..Love that style of music too! I'm honoured that I reminded you of him in that one song...lol!

Love ya
xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself, but I gotta wonder .... why doesn't he wear sleeves?  LOL