Thursday, June 5, 2008

~ It's Over ~

           


 


For those of you that do not know the Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup last night.   Congrats to both teams for their accomplishments and play.   Tho, Detroit came out in the first two games shutting out the 'guins and leading the series 2-0 Pittsburgh was not ready give up.  They came back in game three and won.  Detroit won game 4 in Pittsburgh and went back home thinking they'd seal the deal in Game 5 on Monday.  They were winning 3-2 with the less then a minute left to go.  The crowd was cheering and I think the players were thinking about lifting the cup above their head.  Pittsburgh would have nothing to do with it.  With about 30 seconds left they scored to send the game into overtime.  Overtime it was.  Three of them!!  I didn't invest all those nights watching the games to miss the trophy being awarded so yes I stayed up.  About 10 minutes into the third OT Pittsburgh scored sending the series to game 6.  About 1 in morning and I'm heading to bed.  OUCH!!!   Needless to say Tuesday at work I was a bit slow.  Last night the 'guins almost did it again.  With a couple of minutes left and the score 3-1 they score on the power play.  With seconds left Hossa sends the puck through the blue paint, but that is all it did.  Never did it cross the line and time ran out.  Detroit wins 3-2.

 

Thanks to all of you who voted in the poll.  Some 65 of you...  how cool is that to have some fun?  Voters picked Pittsburgh, but it was close.   Who did you vote for?  Did you pick correctly?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't vote correctly but, what little time was available to watch, I enjoyed!  

Anonymous said...

I did!!!! I had faith!!!! Yay Wings!!!! Party here!!!! Woo!!!!!!

Tawnya

Anonymous said...

I did not vote as I cannot follow American Sport

Anonymous said...

I read your title and thought oh ,shes shot the troll  ;>)  ,now I have to look for the peice of paper with my football predictions on ,..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

... well, in Hockeytown, there wasn't much doubt ... at least not for me ... Detroit was just the better club playing at a very high level ... you had a great mix of youth and experience on that club, not to mention great talent, not just good ...

... all that spells S-T-A-N-L-E-Y C-U-P ... which is the best look trophy in sports ..!

Anonymous said...

Hail to the Wings! It was a great series and another great year of hockey. Time to put the jerseys away and get out the bathing suits! Jean

Anonymous said...

Of course I picked Detroit and you know if that I did pick right.  Me and the twins are going to the hockeytown red wings parade tomorrow!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I think I did pick Detroit...I only watched the last minute or two.....almost went to OT huh? Close call.....

Michele

Anonymous said...

I did pick correctly, although it was a fluke.  I know what a downer it is when it's over D.  I feel that way about football.  Can't wait for the next season to start and hate to see it end.      Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

OH no, i dont even know who i voted for! What a dummy i am. I am glad you enjoyed the ending. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I can't remember who i voted for either...lol

65 people voted though? Good thing cause we all knew
if we didn't you would get out your super dooper tracking system....hahaha

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I know "0" about hockey.  I don't even believe there is actually a puck.  BUT, a member of the family is a Red Wings fan so I did text him congrats this AM.  Hope that counts.

:D  Rosemary

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I picked Pittsburgh because I love Penguins sooooo much!  Oh well, I guess I will have to like octopus instead.  LOL  Have a happy Friday.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

I am not sure now who I voted for ....I did read in the paper that detroit had won the stanley cup.

Hope you have a great Friday

Anonymous said...

I voted for Pittsburgh.  Grrrr.  LOL

XXOO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the match, being in Spain I missed the result.
Have a good week..................................Johnmichael