Saturday, June 7, 2008

~ Flippin Hot ~

DsDesignsFlippinHotMK.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


This morning as I sit here at the computer I have the window open, wide open!  The curtains pulled back and I feel a lovely breeze.  The sky is blue and dotted with a few cotton candy clouds.  The leaves are dancing with each other and enjoying the prefect morning.   Once again they are calling for a hot day, but the humidity is suppose to be a bit less. 

 

I hope so, I have an outdoor party to go to today.   In my late teens early 20's, before my son, Stephan, was even a glint in my eye, I went to a local bar.   They had bands play on certain nights each week, and I was, well a groupie to a few.  LOL Paul Pope came on the scene after his days with Molkie Cole, and I wouldn't miss his show.  Every Thursday night at the bar on the corner of my street.  That went on for years and years.  I moved away, got married, had my son, and he still visited the WNY area even though he was from Cleveland, OH.  When I moved home he still made visits and I would find a babysitter and go.  We all got older and life has changed us in so many ways, but every now and again he'd visit.  It was a reunion in itself.  Well today the bar is having a reunion and Paul Pope will be playing.  Think I'd miss it?  Not on your life!!!  My son has to work until 7 pm, but is hoping to stop by after.  Not that he'd know anyone but family at the bar reunion (the bar has been closed for some 20 odd years), he wants to see the band his mother went to see oh so many times.  LOL  He'll probably be disappointed.  Paul Pope is not a 'cover band', and sings all his own songs.  He's good, real good, but he won't know the music, and no doubt will be so embarrassed as his mother sings and dances to the beat.   I am planning on taking my camera, and I am hoping to take a video of at least one song. 

 

DsDesignsFunintheSunGage.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

Yesterday was a blast!!   I think the pictures of my nephew (my nieces husband) says it all.  Flippin Hot!!!   I got off work at about 2:15ish and headed to my parents.  The sun was out, the humidity like a blanket we didn't need.  I got my suit on and sat pool side.  I thought about going in when I first got there and got down one step and immediately felt as though I was in a glass of ice.  'I don't think so!'  One by one, two by two, family members arrived.  Bug and Gage took a total of 2 seconds to get in the pool.  Ok, it may have taken Bug a little longer, she needed her life jacket on.  Did they care the water was cold?  NO!  In they went and played for hours.  Lips didn't turn blue or purple, and no chicken skin.  So what was wrong with me?  I'm old and cold ice water wasn't my kind of fun. 

 

DsDesignsLittleMermaidBug.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

I snapped picture after picture, laughing at the kids, young and old.  Then it hit me, I was hot.  I jumped in.  Brrrrrrrr and jumped out.  Felt refreshing and no doubt had I stayed in I would have gotten use to it as well.  But, I'm a chicken shit!!  Besides I was having as much fun watching and grabbing memories.  Burgers and dogs along with salads and chips for dinner.  Ice Cream cones for dessert.  More swimming and laughs before we called it a night about 9.  I was hoping to post these last night, but when I got home my eyes and body thought different.  I was tired.  I got in my jammies, turned the fan to blow on me and went fast asleep. 

 

Hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend!!  Enjoy the days..........

 

Hugs

~d

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures-looks like so much fun! Think were the only place that isnt gonna get the heat wave here in WA......you enjoy it and have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I wish I would of gotten some sleep.  It was wayyyyyyyyy to hot and humid for me to sleep.  Think I got 3 hours lol.  It feels like it did yesterday here and we have dance pictures to go to all day.  Oh what fun.  Heck I would take an ice cold pool right now lol.  Take care

Kris

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like a fun, awesome start to the weekend ;) I hope u have a blast seeing your band play agian after all these yrs. It sounds like loads of fun. I cant wait to see a video about it maybe some pics too. The pool looks great and rereshing. Thats all we have been going to lately is the pool. Its in the upper 90s here its so beyond hot and i know where u are coming from, lol. I really enjoyed the pics of the kids. Bug looked soo cute as always. Hun i understand about the ice cold water. No thanks is how i feel too, lol. I mean after awhile i will just get right in but yeah i still complain its too cold, lol. I dotn blame u dear. Hopefully next time the water will be warmer. btu no doubt though the kids they dont care how cold it is they will just go right in haa, lol. Glad u had a great get together with ur fam. The food, company and all sounded fun. take care hun. Have a good weekend :) *hugs, Leslie

Anonymous said...

looks like the party was fun
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

shew that pool looks so good......it is freaking humid & hot here too......ugh.

Michele

Anonymous said...

great pics, looks like a blast! Hope you have a wonderful weekend

smooches,
april

Anonymous said...

Now that looked like a blast for sure!  Great pics as usual Donna!  Hearing about your days hanging out at the local bar sure brought back memories for me too, lol...being a groupie was a riot, but I couldn't do it now a days that's for sure..too old to hang like that hehehe.  Have fun at the reunion!  ps..love the little mermaid photo, my fav!
hugs,
Darlene :)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I remember being that limber many moons ago, oh the aches and pains I feel looking at him do those flips. All the pics are great but the one of them holding hands is adorable. Hmmmm, me wants to see a video of you dancin'!!!!!! Have a great time at the reunion!
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I loveee all the pics, it makes me miss my pool so much =(
Looks like a great time was had by all...I love the pic of the kids holding hands and jumping in....cherished memories for sure!

HAHA@ mom wanting to see a video of you dancing...ROFL

Have a wonderful time tonight Donna, sounds like so much fun....can't wait to see pics and video

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

What great pictures, in fact the best ,the pool must be quite deep ,for your nephew to dive like that ,Bug looks as though she is a babe too ,in fact she reminded me of something my late husband said about our daughter at about that age ,''she looks like a seal in the water'' I can see Gage enjoys himself too ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I LOVED your pictures! That pool looked GREAT!
Pam

Anonymous said...

i would have been the 3rd one in after Bug and Gage....LOVE the pics!!!!!! Those are perfect summer day pics! I can't wait to hear all about your fun time tonight seeing a singer you like. I hope your son makes it!
LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

These are excellent pictures ....looks like everyone was having fun ....thanks for sharing these with us.

Anonymous said...

Wow...looks like a terrific time!  I wish I had a pool.  LOL

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures and great scrappin' work.
Thanks for sharing!!!
Very beautiful!!!

Have a super weekend!
Hugs, KyLie

Anonymous said...

Your part of the country is having an early heat wave I see.  The pool looks like great fun and everyone seemed to be having it.  Love your pictures.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I loved the heat when I was a kid.  Now it just turns me into more of a grumpy old man.

grrrrr

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

It's flipping hot here too...;-)
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

MMM...   whos that sexy freak with the tattoos and beer belly???

Anonymous said...

I don't normally comment in my own journal, but couldn't resist....   that would be the 'sexy freak' you married.  .....  ahhhh but you make beautiful children.  :)
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Always a joy to see kids having fun in the sun...enjoy!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I wish I could so care free as the kids in the picture...lol we forget what it's like, the weather looks glorious ...send some sunshine to us here...pretty please

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

they sure are growing fast aren't they. I love seeing pics of them. they are beautiful babies for sure. (((((((hugs)))))))
Love ya
Cindy xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

WOW...................love the pics D....... the weather here has changed over the last couple of days, yesterday was lovely and warm....today i think we have around 24-26 degrees...... sun is shining, sky is blue.... think it will be chill in the garden day....no pool for us though  :o(    Might have to get the pool out for my grandson though.

Enjoy your reunion ..... hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Awww D, looks like you all had a great time!! Is that you with Bug??

xxxxxxxx