Tuesday, June 17, 2008

~ Hodge Podge ~

DsDesignsFrog.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Hope everyone is doing well.  I really don't have anything to say.  LOL  Yeap, you heard that right.  The weather has been pretty shitty here.  One day it's hot and humid, the next day chilly and rain.  Last night a storm whipped through here and dumped golf ball size hail.  It's freaking the middle of June!!  My house only had rain, thank God, but there are damage reports all over.  Today it started out ok, but it is only 56 degrees right now and it is raining again.  WTF!?!  Who wants to argue Global Warming?  Mother Nature has been on a tear and giving every area wild weather.  The price of gas here is $4.24.  So not only will prices go up because of the cost to ship things, fresh fruits and veggies will go up because the weather is ruining crops left and right.

 

I was cleaning up some photo folders and forgot about this frog from when I was up at the camp.  Ok, so is it a frog or a toad?  I never know the difference.  I'm sure I've been told a gazillion times but I can't remember.  Either way I loved the detail in the shot. 

 

All has been quiet on the work front.  The ax didn't fall again, and at this point I don't think it will.  No more malicious jokes, or whatever you'd call it.  I call it hateful.  I am just stunned that grown adults would act in such a manner.   I'm far from perfect, but I have done nothing to anyone to deserve that.  Karma is wonderful thing though and I have no doubt they will be repaid somehow ten fold.  Things have a funny way of working out that way.

 

DsDesignsJandE.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

Father's Day was great!  Thanks for all the nice comments and notes about my parents.  It's wonderful to see the love.  They give it to all of us, as well as others, but to see it in their eyes makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.  Dad is doing good.  He is still a bit slow getting around but that is more the Parkinson's then the healing from the broken hip.   I loved these pictures of my nephew and his girlfriend.  They are so cute together, and can be so silly!  'Who's that kissing me?'  ::giggle::

 

Well my day is about over......   wishing everyone a happy 'hump day'

 

Hugs

~d

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frogs are either in or around water.  Toads are the ones you find in your backyard.  They don't  need to be IN water.
make that a gazillion and one.  ;)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures .....the detail on the frog/toad is great

Hope you have a great Wednesday

Anonymous said...

very nice frog and i hope your days get better you deserve it. It is in the low 80's here this week . Very nice

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Donna,  I so enjoy them.  Our gas is at $3.94 at the corner Hess, the cheapest around.  And food has gone sky high the past couple of months.  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Great pictures again,Did you know if you had kissed that frog ,it would have turned into a prince ,,then all the people at work ,who we dont like , would  be banished from your Kingdom ...heehee love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, it is hump day.  Thank goodness!  I think it's a frog, but like you, I can't be sure.  It's green, it has stripes and it jumps ... lol

Anonymous said...

lovely pic of the frog/toad....lol

cute pics of yr nephew
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

love the pic of the frog...they are all frogs to me.  lol  lovely set of photos below...i was sure she was a niece...i thought she favored you.  :)
gina

Anonymous said...

 Great shots and I think your picture is a frog.


           Julie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Cute little frog...and loved the ending photos too.   Weather here is just lovely...cool in the AM too...but high 70's in the afternoon...perfect!
Hope your midweek goes well...and hope all stays calm at work too...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

happy hump day to you too!  love the pics!

Anonymous said...

that frog scared the crap outta me i was expecting a pictures but not zoomed in like that lol the weather her in philly been funky too if its not cold its hot.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little guy he is.  
(and the FROG aint so bad neither!! lol)

: P

Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Your picture of the frog just reminded me that I haven't seen any in my yard yet this summer.  Enjoy your day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

The weather has been horrible here too

Anonymous said...

Your nephew and the GF are cute together......like the toad/froggy too....the weather has been SO damaging this year......20 homes in my city were destroyed by flood 2 wks ago and the government agency that takes care of flood disasters, EPA?, i don't remember which one, refuses to help because we are Ohio and not a flood state. BS. Sigh.
Glad things at work are better!
LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Great pics....cute couple!

Glad all has been well at work....

We've had a pretty decent week as far as
the weather so far this week...been in the 80's
but suppose to rain friday and saturday...wishing
and hoping for lots of sunshine to come your way =)

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Donna, that is the best close up picture or a frog that I have ever seen. Sounds like you are busy and having fun, Enjoy it. Hugs, Bill

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit behind because of illness.  Glad you are feeling so chipper.  Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Darn.  All I hear is gas prices ;-0.  I took a from home med collection job, starting this Monday, & everyone thinks I took it "at home" because of gas prices... uhm, I just like my home & am motivated enough to work from it!

I don't see the gas prices going down all that soon.  People have to drive, plus many people are too lazy to work alternatives to driving even if they can.(that will get me more hate mail. i have grown fond of my hate mail as long as it come to Me, & not to others about me).

Quiet on the work front is wonderful. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Gas Prices are the rise here 4.34 I saw in WA

Anonymous said...

great shot of the frog/toad...i can't tell either!!LOL glad there has been no more nastyiness at work. take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

    I hate to say I am becoming jaded, but my job exposes me to some mean people. I have no doubt that they'll get it back tenfold. And I have no doubt they won't understand why when it happens. Feel good about yourself. You obviously have integrity.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

... did something eles happen other than your pants ..?  For crap to CONTINUE, it is beyond outrageous ... that is the kind of stuff that gets companies in lawsuits and careers ruined ...

... like the pics ... very cool ..!

Anonymous said...

aw you know how I feel about frogs....LOVE this one!

Anonymous said...

Great piccies :o)  The prices are rising everywhere then huh? Annoying isn't it

Jenny