Saturday, June 14, 2008

~ This & That ~

DsDesignsMoon.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


I went to bed Thursday with the windows wide open and the fans blowing.  It was warm and they were calling for the temperature to rise during the night.   I don't know what time it was but I woke from a sound sleep.  No idea why, but decided to go to the restroom while I was up.  As I walked in to the bathroom this is what greeted me through the window.  I did my business, then of course went and got my camera to get a picture.  Yeap, I lifted the screen and took the shot right out the window.  I left it on the camera and went back to bed.

 

Ohhhhhh....  my alarm goes off and I rub my eyes.  Friday the 13th.  I'm generally not superstitious when it comes to the date.  When it comes to my boys yes, but not the date, not black cats, none of that.   I get ready and go into work.  I am not in the office 30 minutes and my boss asks for me to write him an email going over what happened the day before.  And, yes, I did look in my chair before I sat down!  He is still angry over the whole thing.  He, like I, did not think it an accident or a joke.  Someone did it maliciously.   I did what he asked, but also asked him not to make a big deal out of it.  He agreed, but wanted it documented.  In the next couple of hours I had 5 or 6 people come to me to see how things were and then gave their opinion on who they thought it was.  These are people from all different departments, all different interests, and not necessarily people that would talk about the incident amongst themselves.  Ironically enough, they all said the same person.  Kind of funny as it was the same person I suspected.  Nothing can be proved, and I'd never tell anyone who I thought, but found it very interesting they thought the same thing. 

 

It was hot and humid out and about 11ish I decided to walk away and get some air.  On the way I ran into my boss who was doing the same thing.  We stepped outside together and chatted a bit about the morning and what was in store for the weekend.  We laughed at some jokes and we both started to relax and feel refreshed so in we came.  It was then I was informed that 2 people had gotten fired.  Not laid off, but fired.  Neither was the person suspected of the nasty deed, but apparently it was for just cause.   Rumors flew around, as in any office, of the reasons why.  The disturbing part was that they were not done.  :::sigh:::  Turns out they were done, for the day anyway, but you could feel the tension in the office all day.   I wonder if they are done, or if next week will hold more changes. 

 

It was close 90 degrees when I got home.  I planned on having a bite to eat and then going to my parents for a swim.  When I walked in the door and turned on the TV I learned Tim Russert had passed away.  He was born in Buffalo, and was/is a darling of the city.  You may remember his regular cheers for the Buffalo Bills during his reports.  He was one helluva reporter and will be missed by so many.  My condolences go out to his family and friends.  Anyway, I got comfy on the couch and started listening to the various reports.  Tears came to my eyes a few times.  Apparently he collapsed at work and died at the hospital. 

 

As I sat there the wind picked up, the sky turned dark.  Before I could get to the windows the rains came.  It came hard and furious.  You could barely see the woods in my backyard.  The lightening and thunder rolled in too.  When I was done closing the windows I grabbed my camera and took a video off the back patio.  I was under cover, but the wind blew the rains in.  The furious rains didn't last that long but I took the video of what was still happening.  You can hear the thunder, and at times see the lightening.  It no way compares to what the west got, but it did storm.  So much for that swim.  I came back in and laid on my bed as the cooler air blew over me.  The back windows were closed almost tight, but the fans sucked in enough of the cool air to make the back of the house comfy.  Almost as though I had air conditioning.   As the storm started to end, I thought I'd lay there for a few more minutes and then get up and turn on the PC.   LMAO..... it was 12:15 when I woke up.  I changed into jammies, turned off the light, and went back to bed.  I guess the emotions of the day got to me more then I thought.

 

              

 

Today it's just about 70, the sun is peeking in and out, and the rain is off and on.  I'm doing laundry and just being a lazy ass.  I will head to the store a bit later and get snacks etc for tomorrow.  They are calling for temps in the 80s so we will celebrate father's day at my parents.  It's good to have a pool!!   I want to wish all the Father's out there a wonderful day... for those Mom's who have dual rolls... I wish you a great day too!

 

Hugs

~d

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Id like to see the person who ruined your trousers go next ,that was a stupid thing to do ,Great vid... Im pleased you were able to get off to sleep again ,after dropping off like that ,have a lovely day with your Dad ,I hope he is keeping well now ,,..,,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry there is trouble at work...hopefully whoever did that to you will get what they deserve...

Great pic!

Enjoy the day at your parents tomorrow...

Happy Fathers Day to your daddy!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

you have really gotten some wonderful pix of the moon...this one no exception.  and you always know just how to frame to enhance so well!  interesting that so many people think of one particular person as being the culprit for the cruel prank, huh??  i try not to complain about the rain we've been getting too much as it was soooo dry last summer...but i'm longing for a nice sunshiny day myself.  :)
gina

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture of the moon .....sorry to hear about the childish pranks at your office ....some people never grow up

Anonymous said...

Ialways love the pictures you take of the moon. And that video is great. I love the sound of rain and thunder. I hope your enjoying your weekend. A very Happy Father's Day to your Dad.  (((((((hugs)))))))))))
Love,
Cindy xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

... and there is a moon in the sky ... it is called the moon ...

... for the boss to be upset, to me, says a lot about the shop he wants to run ... that kind of childish crap is out of place ...

... that many people, from different places saying the same person ..?  Is this person someone who has a cross to bear regarding you ..?  Somewhere, there is a parking lot, that person and an a** kicking waiting to be met ...

... whenever they start lopping off folks, tensions rachet ... hard to be a drone, when they are killing off the hive ..!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You get such extreme variences in weather there.  I like your tag with Terri in mind, cute!  Stay cool and have a happy weekend.  Luv ya.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I was so upset about Tim Russert.  He's one of the few political analysists I could stand to listen to.  He always made everything so clear and so easy to understand.  

All afternoon yesterday, I kept thinking, 'He loved this presidential race and now he's not going to be around to see how it ends.'  

So very sad.  

And yes, I thought of you too.  I really did.  They kept talking about Buffalo and how much he loved his city....

I loved listening to that video of the rain.  So restful.  I love rain and storms.  

I'm also glad to hear your boss is taking the toothpaste situation seriously.  Keep us updated.

Love,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

That's what you would call a gully washer of a rain.  Love the sound of rain and thunder though.  Tim Russet will be missed for sure.  What a sad thing.  Enjoy your weekend D.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention your incredible moon shot.  Even in your sleep you come up with some awesome photo's.  lol
Joyce

Anonymous said...

WOW......that certainly was some rain in the video...almost made me feel like i wanted to be out in it....lol....yet i am crazy....love the rain.

Great shot of the moon....how did you manage to get it so big and clear ?

hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

I am so very sad about Tim too...i watched Larry King today....he was one of those journalists that made it easy for others to understand the complicated world of politics.
We have had severe storms here too with the temps going up and down...strange weather. Liked your video....i am sorry for the upsetting turmoil at work....it makes things just feel weird when others get fired or some jackass does what was done to you. I hope the person who did that to you is taken to task.
LOVE YOU SO!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous Moon pic!!!!  And I did not even realize it was Friday the 3th! lol  Probably a good thing.   Hope you are having a nice weekend.  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I heard about Tim Russert.  I think everyone was talking abou thi,  So young to have such a suden ending to his life.  The Moon was gorgeous.  I had gotten up Thurday nite and the moon shone thru the sky light brightly.  It only reminds me how nice it is to share something with other Jalanders all over th world   Gawd that shounds so "Sweeet".  Have a great Dad's Day with your father and mother.  
hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

The T-Storm is FABULOUS!  Thanks for sharing it with us.  And hell, you still get to swim in the pool on Sunday!  
As usual, everything here looks lovely.  
MSNBC is still running their tribute to Tim.  It's been non stop since yesterday afternoon.  I'm wondering what they will do tomorrow since my understanding is that he had finished taping this week's Meet The Press.  I wonder if they will show it...
I can't imagine November without him...  

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to your dad, Donna.  Enjoy the time at your parents'.

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures Donna, I sure enjoyed that video...seeing that rain pouring down reminded me of the rain we can get here-loved the backyard and the picnic table looked like such a peaceful setting with the bird feeder when its not raining. Loved the woods lin back too-you have a nice large backyard. Moon was gorgeous.
 I am glad your boss cared enough to have the work incident documented, and I hope the person who did it is now a bit worried aboutthieir  job security now that other people have gotten fired. I was amazed that so many people said the same person..a troublemaker always shows their face sooner or later. Some people never grow up and continue to play such childish games.
 I am so glad your Dad is doing better and so wish you all a great Fathers Day celebration. Hugs and Love,Carolina
 

Anonymous said...

love the picture and the video. It has been raining so much in IL. Sorry about the rough work day? Since everyone seems to thing it was the same person I hope maybe they have a talk with this person even though it can not be proven.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that the sports commentator died, condolences to his family. Your moon is gorgeous and the rain in the video sounded awful, hope it doesn't come back! Have a great day with your dad today, I hope the sun shines on you all so the pool is an option! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to your Dad! Hope you all have a wonderful day together.
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Great photo of the moon...
Loved the rain and thunder video...sounded so peaceful...we had the rain here too yesterday.
Yes, so sad about Tim Russert...what a great person he was...and also a Great DAD..and son.   Hope your end ot the weekend is peaceful and calm...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Laughing at the video.  We had the same thing last night!  Woke me from a sound sleep.  LOL

Enjoy your day today.  Fun in the sun at a pool.  Way to go!

Anonymous said...

h