Thursday, September 1, 2005

Disgusted!

First I want to be perfectly clear that I feel for our southern neighbors.  I cry as I see the devastation, my heart just aches for them, and I've donated to help, if I could do more I would.  


What I am totally disgusted with is our government!  Why is it when any other country needs our help they are there immediately with tents, food, supplies, medicine, yet in our own country our own tax payers we let them wait days for help.  New Orleans is in chaos, folks can't get out.  Sure they were told before hand to leave, but where was the help to get them out then???  The poor were left behind to fend for themselves.  Now everyone is so surprised that folks are looting to get food, diapers, water, life's essentials and fighting to get out.  I am not condoning the stealing of non essentials, or the abuse, but 'cmon folks were is the help?  These people are trying to survive.  All control has been lost and it might just be too late to gain it back.  I know it's a huge area, I know there is so much going on, and there was very little bit of help in the beginning, but why?  Why four days after the storm is our National Guard not there?  Why?  I am totally disgusted, and ashamed.  Not only are we seeing the best in people, we are seeing the worst.  I personally am seeing the total disarray of this country and am scared what our enemies are thinking, and we have plenty of enemies.     


We can point our fingers at other countries for not helping, but lets look around folks.  Where is the help from within?  I apologize if I've offended anyone, but like I said I am disgusted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your right though, its like total anarchy down there and there isn't enough help, its like our military is spread too thin.  We need to concentrate on helping the people suffering in the South now.  I can only imagine what our enemies are coming up with, now that the governtment is reeling from the devestation of Katrina!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Other countries have offered help and expertise, they responded pretty quickly, it's not being called up as far as I can see. Maybe this is out of some crazy sort of mis-placed pride? From Europe it looks pretty bad that the Federal government took so long to get a grip on the situation, and the response seems inadequate.

I don't know what America's enemies are saying but it's allies are pretty shocked ...

Kath
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lifeseensideways/Lifeseensideways