Sunday, September 18, 2005

Packing Up Summer Things..........

  Got up this morning and of course played on the computer as I drank my coffee and waited for my body and mind to respond to the day.  The sun never really came out today, but you'd see the subtle glow behind the clouds.  The light behind the mixture of grays and white was actually a beautiful sight, but it made for a gloomy day.  I had a few minor things to get done around the house before the football game came on so I didn't have a chance to get into much on here.   


The game did not hold my interest for all that long.  Yes, I'm a football fan, but more a hockey fan.  And, yes the Sabres won last night in their first preseason game 3-2 in overtime.  Vanek scored two goals, including the game winner.  All preseason games are going to have a shoot out at the end regardless of the outcome of the game and he also scored there.  Have to say his playing in Rochester last year during the lock out may have gave him a huge advantage in developing.  The Bills were pitiful.  If they got more than one-first down I'd be surprised!  They lost 19-3.  Ouch!  JP hopefully learned a few things today and will come out stronger next Sunday.  


By half time I had decided to start packing up some summer things.  They are calling for nice temperatures next week, but nothing in the high 80s like we've become accustomed to.  As I was picking up some summer toys in the backyard I realized the trees are starting to change.  Mixed in with the green of woods behind my house I could see dull yellows, burnt orange, and faded reds.  Someone down the street was cutting their grass and the scent drifted my way.  It was a nice fall day, but my thoughts went forward and I heard myself groan.  It won't be long before we have our family leaf raking party at my parents.  They have a huge yard and I swear every leaf that falls notices the nice green grass and flies directly there hoping to have their winter slumber sleep in the softness.  We usually have about 3 good weekends spent raking and dragging to the street for the town to pick up.  With any luck at all they will all be down and gone before the first snow fall!  OMG!  Did I just go there?  Slap me!!  


All in all it was a good day, except for the Bills.  I got things done around here, got some of my summer clothes packed away, got my entry in, the Patriots lost, and as it stands now the Sabres are winning their second preseason game.  Life is good :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed the game, because I had to work.  I think they lost, because I wasn't listening or watching (as if the world revolves around me right...lol)  Seriously though, I taped the game, so I could come home and watch it, and then my brother comes to work and say's, "My team beat your team".  I wanted to just strangle him, not just because he was bragging, but because he told me who won.  Watching something you recorded on a tape isn't the same when you already know the score.  I heard that the Sabre's are playing a season game here in Rochester, is this true?  Maybe I go check it out, I have never been to a hockey game before.