Friday, September 16, 2005

Wow!

TGIF!  What a week!  Seems the last few weeks have been absolutely nuts!  I can't imagine where all the time goes.  It seems I do, and do, and do, yet I never get caught up.  I've wanted to play with PSP and the animation program I have, but time has been so limited or my eyes have been so bugged out I haven't felt like it.   


I had a half day off today and was looking forward to it all week.  Thought I could get some running and errands done.  NOT!  I left work and ran through a torrential downpour to get to my car.  The water in the parking lot was up over the tops of my shoes, fun wow!  Friday is casual day and I had these cute little macrame type shoes on, and believe me I could have twisted a good glass of water out of them by the time I got to my car.  Can anyone say wet T-shirt contest?  Cripes!  I had an umbrella and you'd never know it.  I was wet right down to my under garments, and yes I was wearing under garments!  I really had to grocery shop, as there was no milk, no bread, and we were on our last roll of TP, not something you can put off!  Driving home was a treat, yeah right!  Traffic at noon was not bad, but it was crawling along.  Small streams were running down the roads and my wipers could not keep up.  It looked as though someone was on the roof of my car dumping buckets steadily down my windshield.  I got close and figured if I went home I'd never go out again, so I stopped at the store to get the necessities.  What the hell, I was already wet and though some think I am a witch (or would that be with a 'B'?) I wasn't going to melt.  I ended up going down each aisle and picking more then the bare essentials and by the time I cashed out the rain had subsided.  We had a couple inches of rain on the lower portions of road and later on the news I heard some areas had a couple feet, but nothing compared to what happened in New Orleans, so don't think for a minute I am comparing.  It was just a pain in the butt. I decided to just come home and do the rest of my errands tomorrow.   


Well, I got some directions on how to use the software.. thank you lady you are the greatest!!  I played a bit.  I am still more or less practicing but I will tell you this, it is addictive and I know without a doubt I will be on a run in no time!  It's so much fun and the creations can be beautiful.  One of these days you will see a beautiful one of mine.  LOL  


I have been excited all week as hockey has started.  Training camp opened and preseason for us starts tomorrow.  What a great time of year!  I can get back into hockey fever and watch the Bills play on Sunday.  No wonder I love fall! 


                                          


Who is Mad Max you ask?  Well, he is player on the Sabres.  Maxim Afinogenov, born in 1979 in Moscow, Russia.  He was drafted by the Sabres in 1997.  He's a right winger and shoots left.  For the past couple of years he has been one of my favorites, you can often hear me say, 'My Maxie!'  He has the ability to pull everyone to the edge of their seat as he speeds down the ice towards the opponents goal.  His jersey flapping in the wind behind him and most players chasing him down.  He creates scoring chances and scores a few himself :)  He's still very young in hockey years and has time to grow into a great player, which I have faith he will.  I'd love to see this year be his break out year!  


He's been with Buffalo for 5 years.  He has played a total of 332 games.  In the 2003-2003 season he suffered from a concussion and only played 35 of the 82 scheduled games.  He has 73 goals and a total of 151 points while in Buffalo.  As a fan, one can only hope that the new rules (or the existing rules being called) this year will help increase those numbers and allow him to skate with the beauty, grace, and speed we've all seen.  


I promise I won't bore you with stats and commentary on all players, but I had to write about my Maxie since I did the tag with his picture :)   I personally can't wait for the game tomorrow, and apparently many folks in the area feel the same way.  The game is almost a sell out, and that is for preseason.  Should be exciting for the players to see a full house and I am looking forward to them not disappointing.  


                Let's GO Buffalo! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TGIF?!!  Amen Sista!  I haven't been this happy for the weekend in a LONG time :-)

Anonymous said...

We got a lot of rain today!  It was raining cats and dogs.  We had flooding in some areas, and my co-worker mis-judged a road early this morning and she and her car ended up sticking half-way out of water.  She told me that AAA told her that her motor may be gone on her car.