Saturday, September 24, 2005

Soft Aura

              



Got up this morning and while drinking my coffee I went to the computer to boot up.  I think something inside me must have went off, like an alarm clock, because instead I detoured and sat down in the recliner.  I rubbed my eyes and turned on the TV to see what damage Rita did.  I was thrilled to find out it was minor in comparison to Katrina. As I woke up and started my normal Saturday chores I decided I needed fresh air and fresh scenery.  I'd been in this house or at work for days.  Yes, I know it's been my fault because I wanted to play with the programs, and I do enjoy it.  Today was going to be different though.  I could feel it, my heart needed it.  


The sky was a bright tranquil blue, barely a cloud in the sky.  The trees stood straight with their branches out stretched to catch the warm sunny rays.  There was a crisp chill to the air and my body and soul new fall had arrived.  I could feel the cool breeze sneaking in the opened window and found it odd that nothing outside really seemed to move in the breeze.  After I cleaned up the kitchen and myself, I threw on my jeans, a T-shirt, and my light weight fleece.  I put on my sneakers and decided I would take a little hike around the creek not far my house.  I would be 'a tree' today and soak up the sunny rays with the cool air swirling around me.  I grabbed my camera and out the door I went.  


There wasn't a soul in 'my spot.'  The grass, small flowers, and weeds were neatly entwined in a soft carpet all the way to the creek.  Even with the rain we had over the last couple of days it wasn't too wet.  The banks of the creek were a bit murky with mud and decided with the karma I've had over the past couple of weeks I was going to stay far away.  I knew if I had stepped any where near it, even as gentle as possible, I would slip and slide ending up on my butt, with my camera flying into the water.  Just how my luck as been.  I stoodat the elevated edge and closed my eyes.  The sweet sound of nothing surrounded me.  As I relaxed, I could hear the subtle sound of the water moving over the rocks and pebbles.  The leaves rustling in the breeze.  It was such a relaxing sound.  The smell of fall filled the air.  The leaves that had fallen were either getting crisp from the sun and you could almost smell them baking, or had that musty smell because those particular leaves decided to go for a swim as their last hurrah.  


I took a few shots before finding a fallen tree to sit on.  As I sat, I watched in awe as nature took it's course.  The flow of the creek so slow in spots you could hardly tell it was real but more like a picture.  Other times it danced with the small rocks, splashing white foam of excitement.  The sound it caused was the music it danced to.  Every once in a while a leaf would try to cut in, only to be pushed aside.  Sporadically, along the banks I could see moss attached to the rocks.  Bright green, Kelly green, and some so green it looked black, it was so fine it looked as though someone had a put lace on top of the rocks as though to dress a table for tea.  Before I left, I ventured up a small hill and down to the bridge where I could get unobstructed shots of the small falls.  


On the way home I stopped at Tim Hortons, got a nice cup of coffee to sip on as I transferred my pictures.  Of course, I decided to use the new program to put together a collage.  You lose some of the crispness in the pictures even with animating as little as I did, but with the twinkle and the blur I think it adds a soft aura, just as my day had been.


 


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great time

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Very nice collage!  Your account of the time you spent at the stream was so descriptive I thought I was right there with you.  Your stream is so pretty I really wish I was!
Sam