Sunday, August 7, 2005

Car is home........

Yes, my car is parked snugly in my driveway where it belongs.  I was able to pick up late yesterday afternoon, and it runs like a charm.  I am not as happy as this entry might imply and I will be compiling a letter as soon as I can calm down a bit and get my thoughts in order.  


My car gets towed to the dealer on Thursday night.  I get a call at 10pm on Friday with the news.  It turns out it is not my cluster at all, but my alternator!  Yes, you heard me right, my alternator.  The thing I told them it was on Tuesday.  'no ma'am not the battery nor your alternator.  It's your cluster and it's safe to drive until we can get the part in.'    


 Needless to say the alternator was covered under the extended warranty with a $50 deductible.  The battery is not.    'Excuse me, when I took the car earlier in the week you misdiagnosed the problem, and with that the exact thing I told you it was caused my battery to die, dead as a door nail, and you want to charge me for a new one?'   'Ma'am I'm sorry the battery is never covered.'


                                                   


I am hopping mad.  I mean had it just happened that my car died I would be fine, but I had 3 people tell me my battery was fine, the dealer being one of them.  Two days later when my car dies because the alternator in fact was bad all of a sudden I have to buy a new one.  Hell it was there!  They should have looked a bit further before sending me on merry way.  


I didhave a few scheduled maintenance things done while it was there, but I can't get over the fact that I am paying for their mistake.  Not only monetary but the fact that I was stranded in a seedy part of town waiting on a tow truck.      

No comments: