Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A lock out for this?

I just need to say I am completely confused, and/or missing something here.  The NHL locks out the players for a year insisting a salary cap must be put into place along with some other changes.  I totally agree.  Athletes today are making way to much money and we the fans pay for it.  Sure it's entertainment and we have choices, but $11 million a year is just outrageous.  That is over $130,000 a game.  How many years does it take for the 'average Joe' to make that much?  The 'average Joe' isn't playing a game, but working hard and long hours.   


So here I sit suffering in silence as I wait for Darcy to do something.  Ok, so I am not silent!  We are in great need of a defenseman and nothing.  Hell, they haven't even signed McKee as of yet.  He hasn't played the same since his run in with Mario a couple years ago, be we need him, his knowledge, experience, and size.  Every site I visit I see nothing but negative comments about management here, about what x-players have to say about here, blah blah blah.  It is wearing thin on me!  I'm trying to stay optimistic and positive but it gets hard.   


So why am I confused? Lost?  How is it other teams can spend $5, $6, $7 million a year on one player, be right at the cap dollar and not have enough players on the roster?  Is Darcy a genius for waiting?  Will something HUGE land in our lap?  Did we lose hockey for a year to see owners not a learn a thing?  To see them continue to go and spend?  Maybe I am just frustrated waiting for my long lost love of hockey start.  I don't know, but I need something!  LOL  Do I feel better? NO!  There are 42 days until the puck drops and I have no idea what my 'boys' will look like!!!   


So many journals talking about change, and accepting it and here I whine for a little change.  Just something little.  Not just do something, anything, but to give my boys a chance in hell to compete!      

No comments: