Monday, August 29, 2005

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Back to School

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Back to School


 



 


Well, school doesn't start for kids in the North east officially until after Labor Day, and since my son decided to not go to college this semester (a rant for another day), I had to go to the archives for this one.  Not only is this the first day of school, it is the FIRST day of school.  Welcome to kindergarten!  He had no fear as he got on the bus.  He had no idea my heart was breaking with worry, and no way in hell knows that I ran for my car keys after the bus left and followed it to school wiping tears away, 'my baby is growing up.'  What he does know is that I met up with my Mom and 4 sisters for our 'Yeah Day' luncheon, a tradition that lasted for years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww, gosh they grow up so fast!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I followed your link from Scalzi's journal. I just sent my youngest son to Kindergarten today..I swear it was harder the second time around than it was with my first child. I cried. *sighs* I think the worst part of sending your little ones out into the big ol' world of kindergarten is that you realize that just a little of your control at keeping them safe from all the "bad influences" around them has been taken away. They are on their own...for a couple hours a day at least.

Brandie

Anonymous said...

I have two kindergarten grandchildren that started at my school this year.  As much as I enjoy having them there, what I did not expect was how much I my heart strings were pulled, watching my daughters be mothers!  It is nice to sit back and watch them do as I did, or even better...and I have to say, I can't wait for some of the same trials they put me through! lol