Monday, August 22, 2005

Did you visit me today?

                 


 


Standing at the road, the soft chirps of birds flying over head.  Through the maze of trees, the creek glistening as it sweetly kissed it's soft murky banks.  Scents of fresh cut grass, and newly forming buds.  Above, the suns warmth filtered through the film of clouds left from the earlier rain.  Cars passing by, and off in the distance the laughter of small children.  With a blink came the fog.  Slow dancing with the tree trunks, weaving itself like a fine crochet blanket over the blades of grass.  Moving towards me.  A silence.  Suddenly, a breeze.  Gently over my cheeks as though a hand caressing.  In the silence I heard my name, like the howl of a lone silver wolf.  Chills up my spine.  As quickly as it came, it was gone.  The loving arms of the water guided the fog back to it's home.  There I stood.  Did you visit me today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful idea and expressed so well.  A beautiful thought to take with me into the rest of my day.  Thank you.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem D!!

You got hidden talents.....Love it hun!!

Love ya

Lv Ste
xxxx