Sunday, August 14, 2005

A new day

   


I think I am doing better today.  Thoughts of the early morning conversation from yesterday seep in every once in a while, but I'm about over it :)  I'm a good person, a good friend, dependable and caring.  Their loss not mine!  


Today it is overcast with rain on and off since I've been up.  Actually cool outside.  I haven't felt chilled in months and to be honest I sit in front of the window and savor the cool breeze coming in.  This summer, it's been said, has been the hottest ever on record.  Water level is down and many towns are putting a ban on washing cars, watering lawns, etc.  Hard to believe that the melting of the winter snow did not take care of the levels, but with virtually no rain in months and the hot temps it has all disappeared.  Sure, I know where it went.  We've been breathing in that humidity!!  


My girlfriend is coming over today.  She is in dire need of changing jobs and with her computer biting the dust we will get things in order on mine.  Update the resume, search out some potentials and just hang out for the day.  I haven't seen her in months and it will be nice to just hang out.  The cooler temps will definitely make it easier to be inside.  Hell we might even be able to cook a good dinner - using the oven!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely his loss! I've known you for a long time now and even though we may not get together very often or talk as much on the phone or online as often as we like, I know you're always there! Don't beat yourself up about it. Move on. Besides, he doesn't like hockey. Honestly, how long did you think it would last anyway?! :) SuzySabre