Saturday, August 27, 2005

Where does the time go?

It's hard to believe it's Saturday.  Seriously, I am so glad it is-nothing like the 'ole saying TGIF, but man the last two days flew by and just didn't seem to have enough hours in the day.  Got up at my usual 5:30 on Thursday.  Did my coffee, checked mail, showered and dressed for work.  We had a little summer 'picnic lunch' at work yesterday so I busted my butt in the morning so not to get too far behind.  Funny, but no matter how hard you work you never seem to get caught up, and of course minutes before we are to break for lunch my phone rings.  ARGH!  Of course I picked it up, and handled the dire emergency on the other end.   


Lunch was pretty good.  Company has about 140 employees, give or take a few, so it was nice to be able to mingle.  The weather was absolutely beautiful and we couldn't have picked a better day.  A nice warm breeze coming in off the lake pushed the white puffy clouds over head around to and fro.  The grill was full of hot dogs, hamburgers, and sausage.  The smell was out of this world!  I actually had to move to the other side of the grill so not to be in the direct path of the scent being blown around.  I was already hungry and that just made me want to grab a roll and pick out that sausage before it was ready.  The onion and peppers cooking in a pan at the far end of the grill was enough to make you drool.  The only thing that spoiled it was the bees.  OMG!  We found a bees nest in a nearby tree a couple days earlier.  It was high on a branch and was the size of a basketball, no kidding!  Those pesky little critters were as much attracted to the food as we were.  It wasn't long before the salads and extra's were moved inside closely followed by a line of hungry people.   


After a quick dinner of pizza my sister and I went to our 'older' sisters, cake in tow for a little birthday surprise.  My sister, K, who we lovingly call Martha had baked a cake.  To be honest I just think she had a craving for a chocolate cake and used P's birthday as an excuse!  It was nice little surprise and the cake was out of thisworld!  'Martha' drizzled it with carmel and coffee flavor.  MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm  My brother in law grabbed me rather quickly to help him with some settings on his computer.  He has no patience and generally leaves the tinkering to someone else.  Can I just say, I'd rather he not do anything because it is tough following up on someone else's 'tinkering.'  It was well after 10 when we got home and I was a bit disappointed as I wanted to play on my own computer.  I've been champing at the bit to play in Paint Shop Pro Studio and see if it will do or if I need Paint Shop Pro 9.  My brain was fried and decided to go to bed.  


Friday was a riot at work.  Yes, a riot.  Took a coworker out to lunch for her birthday and laughed so hard we were in tears.  To say nothing about having the older gentlemen sitting near by commenting on our contagious laugh.  Pasta for lunch!  It was a great little spot and ate way to much.  I'd have rather gone home to take a nice nap, but it was back to work.  It worked out nice though... a little longer lunch the usual so the afternoon flew by.  YEAH!  


So last night I tried to play with psp studio.  I had some luck with it, but every place I searched I found tutorials for PSP9.  Maybe I should go with that?  Anyone out there use them?  Familiar with both?  Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?  I'd love to do some animation, tags, use tubes, etc.   


So far today?  Well, made 2 birthday cards using PSP studio and pictures.  My great niece will be 2 and her party is today.  She absolutely loves seeing her pictures on my computer so I wasn't being cheap in making the cards, but rather giving her the favorites so she can put them up in her house!  Maybe she'll get sick of seeing them and won't ask each time she is here? ::grin::  After the cards I went shopping for her present.  Now, maybe I should say 'where did all the money go?'   LOL  I get so carried away with the kids, that as I checked out I thought cripes it's only her birthday, why did you buy so much?  I bought the stuff anyway and decided part of my Christmas shopping is done nowtoo!    


Well, this is a half ass entry but I wanted to put something in :)  Off to get dinner going and then it's off for cake and ice cream.  Maybe white cake today?  Ice cream cake?  I wonder what mood my niece is in?  I could go for something really really sweet!!   


Y'all have a great night!  I'll try and be more creative tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll be more creative tomorrow?  is that a promise?  rofl!

Anonymous said...

Well, I will try :)~  
How 'bout some help on the programs mentioned?  Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?