Thursday, August 18, 2005

A little hockey.........

Well, I can be happy and clap that almost all the boys are signed.  Jay McKee is still looking for a long term deal and did not sign his qualifying offer.  Now it's back to the table with hopes that they can get a deal done, and soon.  Though, I don't think Jay has played the same since his collision with Mario a few years back we need his body on the blueline.  With that said, he can't head up the defense by himself and I would hope Darcy would get a gritty Dman in here!   


I'm guessing we are probably right around $28 million without Jay's contract, and the cap is $39.  I know they won't break the bank, but awhile back they said they wanted to be around $32.  It gives some wiggle room and hope they take advantage.  I am somewhat pleased with the line up, but damn I want a winner!  It's really hard to evaluate the team without seeing them play.  New rules, I just hope the enforce the old ones!  


When is opening day?




 

No comments: