Sunday, July 17, 2005

Broken links and dead journals....

Good Morning!!  


I awoke this morning to that same 'ole humidity.  Temps are in the upper 70s so it's a bit better, but the forecast is saying it will be back to the 90s in no time.  At least everything got a good healthy drink yesterday!  


As I drank my coffee this morning, I played around in journal land.  Reading entries, clicking on links, and just plain being what some might call nosey.  To my amazement there were so many dead links on journals, so many that lead to private journals.  No offense meant, but why put a link to something no one else can access?  Or leave a link up if the journal's dead, meaning doesn't even exist?  I also saw so many great journals end because folks left AOL. That was so sad.  I read some great stories, and then they just ended, nothing more, leaving the readers hanging.  Argh!  I guess I am nosey!  LOL  I wanted to see how things went, what happened next, and nothing :(  Last entry was months ago with a comment "I am leaving AOL, because __________ fill in the blank.  I've enjoyed my stay and I hope my readers will keep in touch.  What's up with that???  


For those folks that had to leave AOL, I want to say, "hey don't you know if you have an AIM name you can journal?"  If they use the same name in AIM I am pretty sure they can continue the one they started.  That has yet to be tested as far as I know, but I DO know 100% a non AOL member, but an AIM member can journal.  Surely there will be limitations, but they can go on.  Spread the word folks!!  


For those folks that stopped, just to stop, or because life changed so much they couldn't continue, I am sorry.  I found some great reading out there and hope someday you'll be back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL- take my journal junk link for instance.  Started and stopped virtually the same day.  I am assured it will continue soon, a vacation interrupted the writer.