Sunday, July 24, 2005

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

Well, the boys are home safe and sound.  Afraid the alarms on the cell phone wouldn't wake them up they asked me to call at 4:30 this morning.  ARGH!  So I have to get up early because you do?   


"Mom, I know you have off tomorrow, but can you make sure I'm up for school?" 


"What's wrong with your alarm clock?"


"It has the wrong time because the power went out, umm what was that 3 weeks ago?"


"So fix it"


"I will, but can you just make sure?"


I swear the time has been off on the clock for years, as he never fixed it!   So, I did set my alarm and called.  He answered on like the second ring and said they'd been up.  Could it be that his internal clock has now kicked in?  I doubt I'm that lucky!  Surely it was out of fear for having the same lay overs and missed connections they had on the way down.  Worse part about the call was I couldn't fall back asleep!  


I picked them up at the airport and they looked pretty relaxed and refreshed to say nothing about being sun-kissed.  It was nice to see my son all one color!  He works at a car wash and though he is outside the majority of his work day he had a farmers tan.  The uniform from work includes a collared shirt and tie.  They had a blast and loved being on the beach all day and boardwalk all night.  He wanted to go back the minute his feet hit the NY soil.  But, alas he had to work 1-10 today.  YUCK!  That is a long day, but hey he decided to have it that way.   Me, I took a nap at noon ;)  Nothing like rubbing it in. 

No comments: