Friday, July 15, 2005

Routines are boring!

Where has the time gone?  Can you believe it is July 15 already?  Bringing 2005 doesn't seem be that long ago, friends and family joining together to celebrate good health, wealth, and joy.  The long dreaded months of winters end-Feb & March seemed to hang on like a bad cold.  Birthdays came and went, school let out, and here we are mid July.  I look back and see what those close to me have accomplished yet it feels like yesterday, not months ago.   


Minutes turn to hours, hours to days, days to weeks, weeks to months and it feels like each day brings the same thing.  Is it written some where that once you turn a certain age you have a routine that must be followed?  Years ago when I got sick I changed my priorities.  Material things weren't important.  Time was!  I made it a point to stop and smell the roses to speak.  Now it appears I'm back in the same routine looking for something, anything.  Don't get me wrong, I am happy!  Very happy!!  I have fun and I enjoy myself and the things I do.  I do, however, remember the reckless days.  I suppose it's called maturity and responsibility, but it does get boring!  LOL  


My son came home from work last night and asked if he could go to Florida.  He's 19 and I guess really doesn't have to ask, but he is a good kid.  "When and with who?" was my reply.  "Thursday next week and with Mark."   "Next week? You have summer classes you are taking, you have work, how are you going to get there?"   


I about fell off my chair.  My jaw definitely had to be hanging and my eyes about bugged out of my head.  He laughed.  


"Mom, Mark had a credit, the flight is free.  We are going Thursday night and will be home Sunday morning.  We can stay with his grandmother.  I won't even miss school." I could feel my headspinning, "you can't rent a car you know, neither of you are old enough."    


Apparently plans were made, he was asking as a 'good measure.'  He seemed to have things pretty much planned.  I know if I said no he would abide, but how can I.  He's old enough, responsible (for being a 19 year old), and he is a good kid.  The more I thought about it the more I decided, yes I was bit nervous about his trip away, but I was jealous.  That carefree attitude, full of fun and excitement is something I miss.  Maybe I should join them?  LMAO!  Can you imagine the look on his face if I said, "sure you can go, I am going with you."


                                            

No comments: