Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Feeling My Age....

Well, I'm back from a great weekend at the Lake.  My brother in laws brother has a house right on Lake Erie, or a Bay off the Lake.  His home is absolutely beautiful and the 4th is generally spent there.  Because of the ride, many of us bring tents and trailers and make camp right in his yard.  No driving for us!  This year he also threw in a surprise retirement party for his wife.  Of course she thought nothing of it until her son and his family arrived from Syracuse.  Then it was SURPRISE time.  There was about 100 people there, and it was a great time for all, especially the kids!  So much to do on the water and the 'yungins had a blast.  No way can I put all the pictures here, but have added a small album of some of the sights from his yard.  Hope you enjoy them :)  


Why am I feeling my age?  Well, no air mattress and sleeping in a tent!  Someone was asked "did you sleep like a rock?", answer "no, slept on a few though"  How true!  I wouldn't trade it in though.  My body will recover.  I am still feeling the effects of all the fresh air and long days and nights so I am making this a bit short.  Hope everyone else enjoyed their holiday as much as we did!!

No comments: