Saturday, July 16, 2005

Guess What!?!?

It's 74 degrees here!  I hear the ssspppllleeeiissshhhh as cars pass on the street out front.  Their tires slapping the wet pavement and spitting it out behind them as they zoom by.  I hear the wwhhheeeaaaalll of the fans as they spin in my house.  I swear I can hear each blade of grass rejoicing "Hallelujah" as they sway back and forth.  The flowers lift their faces and open their arms to embrace the moisture.  Actual moisture not just the humidity clinging in the air.  The clouds rumbled as someone bowled in the heavens.  The rolls of thunder so loud at times it would actually make us jump as though something crashed into the house.  No lightening in our area, but rest assured if it comes you will find me out under the yawning off the back.  Nothing like a great summer storm.  


Before it started raining it was about 88 degrees, it is now 74 and raining a nice steady rain.  We needed it, and it is coming down perfectly.  Not in buckets to just overflow, but rather a nice soaking rain to quench the thirst of nature.  I don't care how often you 'hose' water your lawn or garden nothing matches the actual rainfall.  It's still humid, obviously, but the temperature fall by over 10 degrees has actually made it comfy.  I get chicken skin when I pass the fan.  Chicken skin!  Oh my I haven't had that in days.  For those of you not familiar, chicken skin is goose bumps.  Ever notice how much they look like chicken skin?  Hence the name.  


Ah, you didn't know you were getting a weather update, but I couldn't resist after my rant this morning, surprise!!

No comments: