Wednesday, April 2, 2008

~ Don't ~

DsDesignsLookingUp2.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


.............  butter their foreheads, they aren't toast yet.  Ok, so I borrowed that line from one of the play by play announcers from Canada.  He said that after my Maaaaaaaaaaaxie scored in the shootout last night to keep Buffalo alive.  I thought it was a hoot.  Currently we are still alive.  We got some help this evening.  Not the complete help I would have liked but right now we are still in the hunt.  A shout out to the 'guins for their part :)  New Joisey... well I wish you'd have finished it off in regulation, but I will take the win on your part.  We play tomorrow.  Win and we can keep away from the butter.  Lose......... and well, we are toast.   Win and we wait again praying for help.......   :::heavy sigh:::

 

I got my lens today.  Wuuuuuuuu huuuuuuu  So I ran to a local park.  Hmmmmm....... NO I did not 'run run'  I drove ran :)~  I was looking for something, anything to experiment on.  It was not the best day.  I was tired and cold.   Then I looked up.  LMAO........ so that's what you get.. me looking up.  You can see some broken branches that are the after effects of the goofy storm we got in Oct 2006.  Some may remember the area was hit hard and we were all without power for days.  Me personally, about 6 days.  Sad, so many trees like that.  I did a lot of messing with settings etc.  and I can't wait to have more then a little bit of daylight to play around. 

 

I've been a bit limited on time but I do promise I will get around to you all.  In the meantime I do hope everyone is good.... or better *hugs*  I did get all my tags out this evening.  If you didn't get yours you will need to empty out some mail.  I got a few mailbox full errors.  FULL???????   OMG!!!  AOL holds over 1000 pieces of mail.  I so hope that is an accumulation of a few days.  EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK I thought I got a shit load of mail.  Once you empty out your box email me and I will try to resend.  If I don't hear from you the tag will be deleted when it expires.  Sorry..........

 

Where did the day go?  It's bedtime already........   sending good wishes your way and I look forward to catching up.

 

Hugs

~d

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic. That poor tree! It has been thru a lot huh? You took a great pic, as always.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your lens and are ready to play.  Hope you get some good shots with it.  I'm heading for the bed myself.  Good Thursday to you my friend.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Awesome photo .....you are going to take some great pictures!!

Go Donna's team

Have a great Thursday

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Picture Donna, great job---I see blue sky---yippee! Love the frame!
Got my tag and as always gorgeous as ever-ty! You get some rest-niters and huggers!! * will say a prayer for the team too!

Anonymous said...

Donna, you are an awesome photographer and tag maker too !!!!!!!!!!, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

That looks like some sort of strange bird.  I see things in things.  I laughed when I read that you didn't run run, you drove ran, You're a nut. lol

Just wanted to stop in tonight and say hello.  

Aren't you having fun with that new lense?  It's like having a new toy isn't it?

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PRAYINGANDBELIEVING/

Anonymous said...

This photo is gorgeous!!!! Glad my "guins" could help out your sabres..;)  What lens did u get???

Anonymous said...

I bet you are excited over your new lens. Can't wait to see what else you share.
I thought AOL only held 1000 pieces of mail until I noticed on my tube mail it was holding 1980 the day of a war so I'm guessing we've moved up to 2000 before they shut you off. So whoever had that must have not checked their mail in a long time.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your new lens came in today. That  is a great picture.I went ahead and ordered the telephoto lens for mine, guess it will come in the last of the week or early next week. I love taking pictures of the birds with those lens.
Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

I love the phone Donna it is lovely - I used to take pictures of trees all the time - havent done so in a while! Must do it again! Hugs to you xxxx Lainey xxx

Anonymous said...

Have a good day today.
Missie

Anonymous said...

What lens? Congratulations!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))That is a beatiful shot you took.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your new lens will be fun! Great tree, great picture- At first I thought the kids were head-butting the tree? My mistake! Thanks for the tag. Dannelle

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

I wanted to pop by and say hello.  You sound like my daughter does when she gets new things for her photography.....can't wait to try it out!  You take amazing pics, can't wait to see what you'll be able to do with the new lens.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Cracking up over the 'toast' comment.  :)

Lovely photo, D.  I can't wait to see what that lens allows you to do!

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

love the tree pic..................... Sherry

Anonymous said...

full mailboxes???  That's insane!!  Mind you logging on at lunchtime and seeing that I had 69 emails was insane lol..........Love the pic xx  I'm sure some daylight is on it's way to you ;)

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your new lens...can't
wait to see the photos you take with it!!!

Guess what...tomorrow is....
         TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture. Thank You so much for the lovely tag. It Is totally appreciated. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Cool tree pic.

Anonymous said...

That is such an interesting picture of that tree.  That one branch looks like a beak and there is an eye there too.  Hope you had a nice Thursday. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of the tree and the blue sky! I was beginning to forget what blue skies looked like! Glad you got the lens, I hope you get spring weather too so you can get out and use it! It was nearly 60F here today. I'm glad your boys are doing better now, let's hope they'll keep it up! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Loved the picture....it's amazing what we miss with our heads down!!! LOLOL! The toast line was funny :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hi and niters and light a candle-huggers!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the lense...I know how much you enjoy taking photos..waiting for your shares..have a great weekend!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

The picture you took with your new lense is great ,looking at life from a different angle ..like you Im all behind with alerts but getting there ? ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
Great new here!  Glad the boys are still alive and glad you got your new lens.  
The picture looks great.  What kind of lens did you get?  I'm sure it is a telephoto, but detail, please.  It's interesting how that tree just stops up there.  I guess it was sheared off in the storm of 2006?  How your week was a good one!
Sam

Anonymous said...

h