Wednesday, April 23, 2008

~ Gone Fishing ~

DsDesignsFishing.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


aaaahhhh a little break from hockey tonite.  I will bet I get to bed a fairly decent hour.  LOL  Thanks to all who made picks in the poll.  I appreciate you all being silly right along with me. 

 

Yesterday when I got home from work my sister and I decided to go get a bird feeder.  Ya know, fishing for birds.  I swear the birds have all scattered since I got my lens.  I kid you not!!!  Anyway we went and found some gorgeous feeders.  I almost fell over when I found the one I loved and it was $100.  Ummmm  I don't think so.  So we found something a bit cheaper that would do the trick.  I will probably go and get a little different one too.  I'm told Cardinals probably won't come to the one I have.  Supposedly they are a bit skiddish and if it moves beneath them they will go away.   We'll see.  I think I have manly Cardinals, not some sissies!  :) 

 

Before we left the house we decided rather quickly to grab a bit to eat at a little hot dog stand on the lake.  I quickly grabbed my camera as it was.  I didn't grab my bag, just the camera with the lens already on.  We got to the lake and ate some really good greasy/messy burgers and curly fries.  It was out of this world!!  I don't normally eat like that but damn it tasted good. 

 

As we walked back to the car I noticed two guys in the water fishing.  It's been warm, but that made me shiver.  They were a ways from me but I thought it would be a good test with my lens.  I got it out of the car and took a shot.  I purposely left the 'mess' in the forefront.  It's the left over from the winter storms washing things into shore.  It won't be long and folks will have cleaned up.  Stacked in a pile for summer night bon fires.  I turned the other way to get a shot of the skyline.  The electric wind mills high in the air in front of the city.  I took one shot and my camera beeped.  Oh great... dead batteries and my spare ones are in my bag at the house.  Just my luck!!  GRRR  That'll teach me to leave the house without the camera bag!   So a bit disappointed in myself we came home and put the bird feeder up.

 

It hangs from a tree directly out my bathroom window, mid way through my yard.  Easy enough to pop open the screen and get shots in the early morning.   It will probably take a bit to get the birds to find it.  I teased last night and said I'd get home from work today and the food would be gone and I'd still have no birds.   :::giggle:::  I was luckier then that, there was still food.

 

Nothing else is happening really.  It's hump day, YEAH!!  I took a 2 hour pass on Friday.  Oh, I love those passes!!!  No plans, just getting out of work.  It's been nuts there and I've been working way to hard.  :)   Hope everyone is doing great.

 

Hugs

~d

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the bird feeders hope you get some great shots....

Love the pic...when those guys fish, they really fish...waist deep in water and all... ahhh...can't wait to go fishing...we already have our fishing license...now all we need to do is go...

Have a good night....

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Love to feed the birds too, and youre right, the prices on those have really skyrocketed. I love watching the bird. I havent seen any cardinals here but we do have blue jays....they are a beautiful color of blue. Glad you took a early pass off so you can have a bit of time to relax. Have a great night-hugs!

Anonymous said...

Great picture .......you should be a professional photographer!!

Anonymous said...

$100 for a bird feeder?  Wow.  That must've been some bird feeder!  LOL

Eating a greasy hamburger on the lake sounds WONDERFUL!  I had tilapia for dinner today, so I'm still feeling a bit hungry, I think.  ;)

The picture you did manage is pretty awesome.  

XOOX,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

very sweet pic
i love birds

Anonymous said...

Thats a great picture. I bet that water was icy cold. Too bad you didn't bring your camera bag along. I of course love birds also. I haven't taken any pics of any lately. Helen

Anonymous said...

I love that fishing picture. Sounds like you're doing good!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Donna, cool fishing picture, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

great picture you are very talented
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I love that pic Donna!
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

Yuck~the mess on shore.  I can't imagine how cold that water must be, even with waders on.  Hmmm, can imagine..went for dip in  lake mid May in NY and the temp was 45 degrees ::shudders::  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

When I had my house Donna, I had 13 feeders up.  Three of them were finch feeders though.  But the other 10 were for wild bird seed and they were all hung in the trees in my back yard.  I had tons of cardinals and they didn't seem to care if the feeders were swaying under them.  Good luck with yours...they are so much fun to watch.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna
You're really going to have a blast with your feeder.  That shot of the guys fishing is interesting with the debris in the foreground.  Sorry your battery went dead right away.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I have so much fun with my bird feeders.  I have one for hummingbirds, one for Goldfinches, and one for every other bird.  I have lots of Cardinals and bluebirds.  I haven't been able to get a picture though.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Great picture Donna ,I will have to show this one to Maurice who you know is a fisherman ,this picture proves how devoted fishermen are to their sport ,or should the word be crazy lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Good for you for the 2 hr pass. I like this fishing pic.....it is a classic, as usual. I can't wait to see the bird feeder pics you will soon take.
LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I need to fill my bird feeders as well, I am going to get a few more for the back part of the house as that is where most of the bluejays & cardinals go too.

Love the pics.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't take the camera with you, that would have been a cool photo...well, next time!
Hope your week is going well...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Like your spring photos, Donna - the birds are very colourful

Anonymous said...

My dad commented recently about there not being as many birds at his feeders as before.  Are they all on strike or something?  ;)

xxx
Russ

Anonymous said...

That's being really dedicated ~ getting in the water with the fish! Brrrr! I hope you get some manly, hunky little cardinals on the feeder! Jeannette xx